Hey from southern Illinois

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby laurieellis27 » June 3rd, 2010, 4:48 pm

Ok so I'm obviously a pitbull fan and I'm an owner of a one and half year old male pitbull rescued from Paducah, ky when he was just a newborn. We've raised him and he has proved to b a sporting, good natured, full of life dog. He is also neutered. Haveu dealt with a dog that isn't? Geesh. No thanks! I'm a stay at home mom and full time student. Summer break now! Yay! Anyway, I have two girls, age 5 and 8 and a boy on the way in November. My husband is a driver who drives to Canada every week and is home every week for two days, sometimes three. My dog has always been protective of the house barking at anybody he doesn't know that comes to the door. I like that because I'm a female alone throughout the week and where I live we have our fair share of wierdos. Once I let person in he is cool and welcoming to guest. He never shows agressive behavior towards them. He does his warning, "get away from my property" stint and once he is assured it's ok he is good. Lately however, he has become super agressive dog. It's been since I got pregnant. Don't let a man come towards me or he goes nuts. If he doesn't know u and u come up to my house he goes nuts. A little girl whom is fearful of dogs stepped towards him and then retreated and he barked and growled at her. He doesn't know this little girl. She came up to our house. This worried me. Really worried me. He has never exhibited that type of behavior before. He acted like he wanted to get at her. This was not play. His hair was standing up on end. I was getting ready to take him for a walk at this time. I continued to walk him and afterwards we went and sat at neighbors while kids played and some company visited their house. He didn't even pay them any attention! He must feel he is to guard the house. Nobody approached him or me so he didn't act out. I need to correct this behavior. I do not want to put him down. Any advice or help from a mature adult who understands a womans feelings and will not act in hateful manner will b appreciated. I'm not asking for sugar coated anything so don't bother stating I do. I just believe my dog can be properly redirected and taught to act how I want him to.
laurieellis27
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 3rd, 2010, 5:02 pm

Hey Laurie, it's Liz! Glad you found your way over here! Go ahead and post in the training/behavior section and our resident smart people will be along to help you soon!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » June 3rd, 2010, 7:56 pm

Welcome to PBT!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » June 3rd, 2010, 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum. :wave2: I am sure lots of ideas will be heading your way over your situation. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 3rd, 2010, 11:59 pm

Welcome! :greenwave:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions