Kennel???

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 30th, 2006, 4:05 pm

They've met her once - my dad seemed to fall in love with her, but my stepmom was just scared. And Inara wasn't misbehaving, just being a puppy. My stepmom wouldn't even touch her, but my dad kept migrating over to the baby-gate to love on her.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » April 30th, 2006, 4:38 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Thanks for the feedback...
my stepmom runs her house like Martha Stewart - I'm sure that on top of her being terrified of my vicious dog, she'd be equally terrified of dirt! :wink:

Trust me, I am going to argue long and hard about bringing her with me. However, my family doesn't view her as a child - they view her as a dog. I will bet money my dad will offer to pay for the kennel for her for the weekend. But I say again that I am going to do my best to bring her with me. I just don't trust anybody else with her...

Thanks again!

If it were me, I'd bring the dog(s) and then leave them crated in the vehicle with lots of trips to parks, etc.
We've fed the dogs at the parks, let them play in creeks, or empty lots around towns, outskirts of town, etc.
That way maybe they'll take pity on you walking the dog in the rain and invite you guys both in :|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 7th, 2006, 7:38 pm

So I finally talked to my dad about bringing Inara. He said that neither he nor my stepmom were comfortable in the house. So I simply said I wasn't sure what we would be able to do that weekend then. So, they're now coming over to OUR house (they stay at a hotel) that weekend. Frustrating.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby msvette2u » May 8th, 2006, 1:30 am

:-(
Glad my parents like my dogs. They think Yaegie is the bomb.
They hate my parrot though. I don't blame them in a way (when he does his horrid screech or whatever you call it) but I live with it. It only annoys me when I'm in the middle of a phone call!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 8th, 2006, 8:05 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:So I finally talked to my dad about bringing Inara. He said that neither he nor my stepmom were comfortable in the house. So I simply said I wasn't sure what we would be able to do that weekend then. So, they're now coming over to OUR house (they stay at a hotel) that weekend. Frustrating.

Well maybe this will be good because they'll be able to fall in love with Inara and make things easier for the next get together.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 8th, 2006, 8:26 am

My parents are not dog people at all. They have no pets right now, although they babysit an old Maltese, which doesn't really count as a dog in my book, more like a cat that occasionally barks.

I stopped going so often, and they realized that if they wanted to see us, they had to invite dogs too. I keep them kenneled in the car or basement at night, and most of the day, take them outside to play lots, pick up the poops and they really are not a problem. The kids make more of a mess.

My mother cannot stand to hear them play though, she thinks they are fighting. She couldn't believe it when she heard the maltese they babysit came over, attacked my dal/whippet mix, got a massive correction, then went and peed on the rug in retaliation, all when she was at work.

She about passed out when it attacked my dog again right in front of her and Jack laid it out with a huge correction. He never touched it, but put it right in its place! She started screaming, I told her to just let Jack handle it, he is trustworthy. That little dog is a spoiled brat and needs to learn his place in the doggy pecking order. He did.

Maybe you parents need to see that having a dog does not mean their house is shredded? That is always my parents concern.

My folks stayed at a hotel when we lived at our last house. It gave them space, and our house just wasn't that big. I always felt like we weren't good enough for them, that our house was lacking in some way. But I finally came to the conclusion that it was not my problem. If they needed to do that, it was no reflection on me.

How is it that parents can make total adults feel like faulty 10 year olds?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 8th, 2006, 8:40 am

dogcrazyjen wrote:How is it that parents can make total adults feel like faulty 10 year olds?

OMG Amen.

They're staying at a hotel 'cause my stepmom is deathly allergic to cats (not dogs!) and we have 3. I just get frustrated with everybody's fear of Inara - it amuses me and angers me all at once. I just wish that they could have faith in MY decision-making abilities and realize I'm never going to put them (or their house) in harm's way.
pitbullmamaliz

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 8th, 2006, 8:50 am

Maybe showing them Inara's graduation stuff from class, or showing off some tricks and such? Sometimes showing that you are thinking of behavior helps. My parents did the same thing with Tallulah the bull terrier, they questioned my pick of dog. With Tess, and my dad being a cop, he asked if she was going to shred him when he walked in the door. He really was serious, and questioned my kids safety. When he met her, she climbed in his lap and drooled all over him, so now he worries more about his shirt than his skin!

Like I would ever allow a dangerous dog in my home with my kids?!

I wish parents would have more faith in trusting thier parenting. Probably says more about them than us though. :|

Have a friend you can call and quickbitch, as we call it, or jump online for a minute if you need a piece of sanity! I have called my friend on a walk at my folks, just to get out frustrations at being there.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 8th, 2006, 8:52 am

You all are my people to come complain to 'cause you all understand! I love you guys... :wink:
pitbullmamaliz

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk