And Chloe is the aggressive one??(small rant)

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pLaurent » May 7th, 2006, 10:45 am

Last night, in the space of a half hour, Chloe and I encountered 3 GSDs, all who wanted to kill her for no particular reason. She didn't even see them until the ferocious barking, growling and lunging began.

Chloe was okay with other (calm) dogs when I got her, but all the dogs around here are so mean, I don't blame her if she is getting reactive. Even then, she doesn't react until the above behavior starts. The owners do nothing to correct their dogs, just stand there holding on with both hands, feet braced while their dogs are lunging, snarling and rearing.

Why do people let their dogs do this? I'm so afraid they'll get loose, since for some reason, many of the people with the biggest and "baddest" dogs are little, skinny, tiny guys who look like a feather would knock them down.

There's no answer to this. I just had to rant about it.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 7th, 2006, 10:56 am

pLaurent wrote:many of the people with the biggest and "baddest" dogs are little, skinny, tiny guys who look like a feather would knock them down.

Well, yeah. And their dogs still have their nuts because "I couldn't cut my dogs balls off"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pLaurent » May 7th, 2006, 12:26 pm

And their dogs still have their nuts because "I couldn't cut my dogs balls off"

Seriously. The last guy we met was definitely one of those. Skinny little shrimp, 80lbs soaking wet, with a HUGE, aggressive jet black GSD mix that easily outweighed him by at least 25lbs. Very frightening.

How pathetic when a man needs to get his image, courage and balls by proxy from a DOG!! :|
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 7th, 2006, 12:36 pm

That's why I don't walk my dogs anymore. The hoard of little ankle biters that is always runing loose, the huskies at the end of the block that I have seen squeeze out of their gate, there is also HUGE sheperd type dog that can scale his fence in no time. It's not worth it to me. You know what I find interesting though? In a 4 block area in my neighborhood there are about 7 pit bulls. I have NEVER seen any of them roaming the neighborhood.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » May 8th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Wow, pL, isn't there any other place you could walk your dog where these morons wouldn't think of going? It sucks for you to be stressed out every time you walk Chloe!

I think I'm very lucky to only live in happy golden retriever land (by that I mean dog-aggro dogs are rare around here)...
It would suck if I couldn't walk my dog, I don't even have a backyard!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pLaurent » May 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm

isn't there any other place you could walk your dog where these morons wouldn't think of going?

Yes, there are 4 places I can walk her - some partly in the woods - where, other than one unfortunate Lab incident, I never see any loose dogs. However, I have to drive to all these places.

All these GSDs were not loose either, but two of them came dangerously close to getting out of their yards in their frenzies, and then the idiot with the last one could barely hold it back.

I don't walk Chloe as much as I used to since I got my property fenced. Now she has 1/2 acre wooded land to run, roll and dig in to her heart's content. :D

She still needs to be walked, but here she is running through her private forest looking like some wacky devil-dog.:p
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 8th, 2006, 5:06 pm

People suck at least they were on lead.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pit Bull Talk