Pit Bull Takes a Bite Out of Vanessa Carlton's Leg

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby amazincc » May 9th, 2010, 3:32 pm

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/08/vane ... -attack%2F

Singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton is taking antibiotics and recovering nicely after being bitten by a pit bull while jogging in northeastern Pennsylvania, her father said.

Ed Carlton told the Pocono Record that the 'A Thousand Miles' star was running on May 2 when as she passed a neighbor's house, a 9-month-old pit bull named Bella ran through its invisible fence and chomped down on the singer's calf. She hobbled home with a bleeding leg marked with five puncture wounds.

Doctors are monitoring her for any infections, but she is expected to be fine. The dog, however, may not be so lucky. Animal control officials have put Bella under a 10-day home quarantine, as a precaution against rabies or a change in behavior.

Bella's owners, Ben and Jo Anne Teichberg, said Ed and Vanessa Carlton confronted them two days after the attack and said they wanted the dog put down.

"They are branding Bella as a dangerous animal and want her put to death," owner Ben Teichberg told the Record. "They said because Bella is a pit bull, it is known to be bad."

There were no witnesses to the bite, and the head of dog law enforcement at the state Dept. of Agriculture said Carlton has not filed a written complaint yet.

Carlton, 26, is a three-time Grammy nominated singer-pianist, but has not released an album since 2007.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » May 9th, 2010, 5:39 pm

An we know who will win this one.... R.I.P. Bella :nono:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » May 9th, 2010, 6:38 pm

a 9-month-old pit bull named Bella ran through its invisible fence

Genius owners... :rolleyes2: :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DeeNtheChillas » May 9th, 2010, 9:16 pm

That was a bad situation waiting to happen. Sigh. Poor dog was set up from failure - I stress to clients at work that Invisible Fences are not a good idea.
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » May 11th, 2010, 2:06 am

The real tragedy is that she didn't sustain injuries that would end her musical career. She's subjected me to misery every time I turn on the radio, so I'm chalking this up to some kind of cosmic justice.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby TheRedQueen » May 11th, 2010, 8:35 am

DemoDick wrote:The real tragedy is that she didn't sustain injuries that would end her musical career. She's subjected me to misery every time I turn on the radio, so I'm chalking this up to some kind of cosmic justice.

Demo Dick

:spit:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » May 11th, 2010, 9:47 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
DemoDick wrote:The real tragedy is that she didn't sustain injuries that would end her musical career. She's subjected me to misery every time I turn on the radio, so I'm chalking this up to some kind of cosmic justice.

Demo Dick

:spit:
X2
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » May 12th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Demo Dick

I'm guessing it's good I have no clue who she is then.

I cringed reading the part about invisible fence *sigh*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL