Forum Updates

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » May 1st, 2010, 11:19 pm

I just did a pretty big forum upgrade. You'll notice some new features have been added, there are now RSS feeds and some other new stuff as well.

I still have some more things to work on (like getting rid of all this blue! yuk!) but overall things should be working smoothly.

Please let me know if you get any errors or have any problems.

Thanks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » May 2nd, 2010, 6:29 am

I am having a problem attaching a photo. I tried the "attachment" tab at the bottom of my post, but it said the photo was invalid. Then I tried attaching like I normally do, from Photobucket. Again, it said it was "invalid". Does that mean it is too large? I am using the same size I always did. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 2nd, 2010, 8:06 am

Just a couple questions:

1. Is there any way to get it so if, on the main forum page, I click anywhere in the forum name section it will still open that forum/thread? It was such a silly thing but it was one of the things I liked about our forum format as opposed to having to click directly on the title. Do you know what I'm talking about?

2. Is there any way to get it so the title of the last thread commented in in each section shows above the last commenter's name like it used to?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » May 2nd, 2010, 8:47 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Just a couple questions:

1. Is there any way to get it so if, on the main forum page, I click anywhere in the forum name section it will still open that forum/thread? It was such a silly thing but it was one of the things I liked about our forum format as opposed to having to click directly on the title. Do you know what I'm talking about?

2. Is there any way to get it so the title of the last thread commented in in each section shows above the last commenter's name like it used to?

Yup, I'm having trouble with #2...I posted it in questions/problems...I didn't post it here first, because I didn't see that this thread was here...since there was no title! :(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » May 2nd, 2010, 9:52 am

Nevermind!

iluvk9 wrote:I am having a problem attaching a photo. I tried the "attachment" tab at the bottom of my post, but it said the photo was invalid. Then I tried attaching like I normally do, from Photobucket. Again, it said it was "invalid". Does that mean it is too large? I am using the same size I always did. :sad2:

Yes, I am quoting myself. :) I have figured out how to post Photobucket again. I have to use a smaller size.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 1:49 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Just a couple questions:

#1 - I'll look into that

#2 - that was a modification that I put on the old forum that I forgot about... it's one of my favorites as well! I'll put it back when I find a mod version for this updated forum version.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 1:51 pm

As always, a HUGE thank you to Bob for his time and patience and guidance with the updates! He is invaluable when I am working on stuff like this. I used to plug through it alone and I'd get it done eventually, but he makes everything go SOOOO much smoother!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 2:26 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I am having a problem attaching a photo. I tried the "attachment" tab at the bottom of my post, but it said the photo was invalid. Then I tried attaching like I normally do, from Photobucket. Again, it said it was "invalid". Does that mean it is too large? I am using the same size I always did. :sad2:

Image sizes are still 700x700
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 2:51 pm

mnp13 wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:2. Is there any way to get it so the title of the last thread commented in in each section shows above the last commenter's name like it used to?

#2 - that was a modification that I put on the old forum that I forgot about... it's one of my favorites as well! I'll put it back when I find a mod version for this updated forum version.

done!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » May 2nd, 2010, 3:29 pm

:confetti: Thanks Michelle and Bob!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 2nd, 2010, 6:57 pm

I really like the way it all looks! Very nice. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 7:19 pm

Thanks!

And you can now post your favorite posts to your facebook, twitter or delicious accounts with one click!

At the top of all of the threads, next to the print button, there are links that will bring you directly to your accounts. And speaking of facebook, we have a page now :wink:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » May 2nd, 2010, 8:23 pm

Delicious? What the heck is that?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » May 2nd, 2010, 8:36 pm

The font keeps changing size on me...it starts out small, and then gets bigger when when the page loads...it's making the screen jump around... :confused:

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 9:01 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Delicious? What the heck is that?

I don't know, I think it's something like twitter. I've never heard of it either.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 9:02 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:The font keeps changing size on me...it starts out small, and then gets bigger when when the page loads...it's making the screen jump around... :confused:

It's because I changed the sizes in the style sheets. Try clearing your cache. You'll have to check your browser's help file to see how to do it.

or use the "A" link in the upper right corner and cycle through the sizes and see if that will smooth it out for you.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » May 2nd, 2010, 9:19 pm

It fixed itself apparently... 8) Or I'm magic. :dance:

Thanks!

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » May 2nd, 2010, 9:38 pm

You're magic. :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 3rd, 2010, 9:21 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:1. Is there any way to get it so if, on the main forum page, I click anywhere in the forum name section it will still open that forum/thread? It was such a silly thing but it was one of the things I liked about our forum format as opposed to having to click directly on the title. Do you know what I'm talking about?

done!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 3rd, 2010, 9:32 pm

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

pitbullmamaliz

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk