Just a couple of questions?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby tybrax » May 2nd, 2006, 11:32 pm

Do APBT's wedge back into the hips from the shoulders like a triangle?

Does any other dog pulls and wedges back into the hips like a APBT?

Is the Tuck a unique part of the APBT?

tybrax
tybrax
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 3rd, 2006, 7:26 am

tybrax wrote:Do APBT's wedge back into the hips from the shoulders like a triangle?

Does any other dog pulls and wedges back into the hips like a APBT?

Is the Tuck a unique part of the APBT?

tybrax

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking in the first question... lol but I'm also half asleep right now.

No, the tuck is not something only in APBTs and atually not all APBTs have it. The dog has to be at a good weight and not overweight to see a tuck
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » May 3rd, 2006, 7:38 am

The tuck as in the tucked up stomach? If so than no, many breeds have it including most sight hounds, some hunting dogs (Weims, Viszla), etc.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2006, 9:03 am

I understand ( I think), hips & shoulders should be the same distance apart. Shoulders should not be wide like an English Bulldog.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » May 3rd, 2006, 10:29 am

tybrax wrote:Do APBT's wedge back into the hips from the shoulders like a triangle?

No. When viewed from above they should have sprung ribs, then a tapered waist and then hips. The EB is an example of hips too narrow for the size of the body - which is why they usually have to be delivered c-section.

I'll take a few shots of Riggs, Ruby and Connor tonight. All three have a very noticeable taper and well sprung ribs with a narrow waist.

tybrax wrote:Is the Tuck a unique part of the APBT?

Many breeds have a taper, shigh hounds have a VERY noticeable taper. Standard Poodles, some lines of Rottweiler, etc. An exaggurated taper can lead to higher chance of torsion as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby tybrax » May 6th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Thankyou guys. :P

tybrax
tybrax
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk