Who's had both sexes of dogs intact living together?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » April 21st, 2010, 2:57 am

Anyone seen crusty and raw nuts from a dog that lives with a bitch going into heat?

I'd never seen it, but I've also not seen that many dogs that live in a group and are intact.

A couple of the intact males at work get super sore and raw whenever there's a bitch in heat on the property.

Since I've seen intact males before, and never with testicles that look like that, I have to assume its a testosterone and continuous close proximity to a bitch in heat combination thing.

anyone?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Rolex+Deebo » April 21st, 2010, 6:13 pm

well, I live in a house where there are 2 intact bitches, and 2 intact males, and one fixed male. When the girls go in to heat, the boys get more vocal, and loose weight, thats about it. :|
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » April 22nd, 2010, 11:39 am

The Wiener is intact still, and we've had three intact bitches (two in heat) stay at the house lately...and I haven't seen any difference in his balls (other than thinking with them).
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » April 22nd, 2010, 12:19 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:The Wiener is intact still, and we've had three intact bitches (two in heat) stay at the house lately...and I haven't seen any difference in his balls (other than thinking with them).

:giggle:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 22nd, 2010, 12:34 pm

I do have friends with intact whippets...of both sexes. The intact male has large pink balls, and they get really red, and kinda scaley if he's out in the sun during the summer...sunburn...not connected to the heat cycles of the females.

:rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I do have friends with intact whippets...of both sexes. The intact male has large pink balls, and they get really red, and kinda scaley if he's out in the sun during the summer...sunburn...not connected to the heat cycles of the females.

Riggs gets sunburn on his occasionally in the summer as well, but even though I do put sunscreen on his face, I have been unable to put it on his balls. I... just... can't...

Nothing to do with my heat cycles though :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » April 22nd, 2010, 11:50 pm

You have tried to put sun screen on his balls?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2010, 11:57 pm

maberi wrote:You have tried to put sun screen on his balls?

No. I put sunscreen on his face. I can not put sunscreen on his balls. Correction ... I will not put sunscreen on his balls. That would just be weird. Unfortunately, due to me being a bad mom, he has gotten sun burn on his balls because he likes to sprawl out on the boat at the lake. maybe I'll try spray on sunscreen this year or something, because I am so not rubbing my dog's nuts.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » April 22nd, 2010, 11:59 pm

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh out loud to that post!!! Such good stuff
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » April 26th, 2010, 9:10 am

My friends with the whippet with sunburned balls are lesbians...and they REALLY have a hard time with the concept of rubbing sunscreen on anyone's balls...much less their dog's balls. 8)

:wave2:

TheRedQueen

Return to Nutrition & Health