Crate padding and sores on elbows

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby tiva » April 22nd, 2010, 3:43 pm

Vanya is 55 lbs too, and the medium is HUGE for him. Two years ago (same beds) about 90% of the reviews were positive, for the round ones, with no embroidery. If you choose embroidery or a fancy version, anywhere there's stitching is supposedly prone to wear. I finally went with Orvis because of the life-time refund policy, and I've been really happy with it. It doesn't get hot in the summer, and it dries very quickly if it gets wet. I like it better than my two LL Bean beds, and much better than all the various discount store beds we've gotten over the years, which die quick deaths.
tiva
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PetieMarie22 » April 22nd, 2010, 4:45 pm

Hmmmm. I get paid tomorrow. Very tempting. Thank you!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2010, 11:40 pm

PetieMarie22 wrote:Or anyone else find something that has been working for blanket/sheet chewers?

100% cotton sheets from estate sales. They are about $1 each, so I don't care when they destroy them. And when Riggs has his blowouts I don't feel guilty about throwing them out instead of washing them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DeeNtheChillas » April 24th, 2010, 10:37 pm

PetieMarie22 wrote:
DeeNtheChillas wrote:The pillow has been working for Blazer thus far. Sores on his elbows are already healing!

I was wondering if things are still working out with the pillow. I was using $5 fleece throws in Petie's crate, but she has been chewing them and I have been finding vomit with pieces of blanket in them. I'm not risking any blockage issues, so right now she is on bare metal.

Or anyone else find something that has been working for blanket/sheet chewers?

The pillow is still in Blazer's crate and his elbows are entirely healed. Apparently he really likes it. It is a strange fabric, which is why it didn't work out anyplace where it could be used (I'm really sensitive to fabrics)... must be he likes it.
:|
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PetieMarie22 » April 26th, 2010, 9:07 am

I actually did throw a sheet in the crate and she hasn't chewed it for about 4 days now! Maybe the Fleece blankets were a more tempting material to chew? I still may buy her a bed in the future, but while the sheets are working, I'll wait a little bit.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health