She's not just fat!

Postby Rolex+Deebo » April 21st, 2010, 6:21 pm

As some may have seen at the Meetup, Ziva was a little chunky, and had some boobies :oops:
I thought it was from being fat. Well I took her to the Vet today because she has yet another ear infection, and now is loosing all her hair. I though that it was Demo. mange, since she had puppy mange when I got her. So I figured that some meds and we are fine. Well she turns out to be having a
"false pregnancy". Yes, she is actually lactating. :doh: so the hair loss is her blowing her coat.
So the Vet told me that she can put her on some hormone meds, but that they are very pricey, that the best thing is to wait it out, and then get her fixed.
Any people have this happen? How do you help her through it? How do I get her to grow her coat back?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :bs: ?????????????????????????????????????????????
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PetieMarie22 » April 22nd, 2010, 10:58 am

I actually saw that on a show on Animal Planet. It was a show about weird animal combos. The dog was producing milk because of a false pregnancy and a bird was suckling on the dog! :?
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2010, 11:29 am

Look up the supplement "hair on a doorknob," it grows back hair like you wouldn't believe - there are a few threads on it on the forum. BUT it also packs on the pounds, so you have to be very careful with it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies