"Pure=Blue-Nose-Pits-Male-Gotti-Bloodline*. wants to breed

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 10:26 pm

madremissy wrote:My Kinzyl and former Gotty are grandchildren of Juan Gotti. :nono: Thank goodness they don't have the health problems that alot of the short and wides are having. Well except for Gotty's big fat gooberhead :wink:
Jody, it took me a lot of reading and looking to understand the difference in all the different mixtures that people were doing to try to make "pit bulls".
I am just thankful they came into my life and I can just call them "dogs" :)

I had no idea,,,,,,thanks for the info, Missy!!
I just have a "not so bright', misinformed, gang-involved young woman who wants to breed her Gotti dog to this other "pure bred blue", :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: to make some money and get another puppy. :cuss: >(
Which is SO STUPID.
She doesn't have her kids-------------now that she's 'not dealin', her gas has been turned off....her ex boyfriend is gonna get out of jail for almost killing her, and now she has a new fiance' in Des Moines that she tells her kids (3 and 6) that's their 'new dad' . She's known him for 2 months.
Maybe.
Tops.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 10:29 pm

amazincc wrote:I like the pic w/the little boy trying to avoid the wagging tail... :giggle:

LOL........
:Little Man" was karate' chopping Kimbo's Tail!! :chop:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 11th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Suzanne, American Bullies and American Bulldogs are totally different breeds. American Bulldogs are what you're thinking of, with the Johnson and other style whose name I can't remember.

American Bullies are "pit bulls" that have been bred to be short and stocky with gigantic noggins. They are trying to become their own breed, apart from pits.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » April 11th, 2010, 11:37 pm

Here is a website with TONS of links to breeding info articles/stories/etc. on why breeding isn't as easy/fun/profitable as it seems...

http://www.wonderpuppy.net/1breeding.php#breeding
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » April 12th, 2010, 9:27 am

ArtGypsy wrote:And what's with this 'gotty blood line " she talks about???

I just smile and nod my head........

Razor's Edge and Gotty lines are American bullies (pit bull mixes). Usually mixed with mastiff,neo mastiff and/or American/English bulldog to make them bigger and wider.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby dlynne1123 » April 12th, 2010, 11:37 am

I guess I'm still confused. There are two "types" of American Bull Dogs - I can't name them but one version has a very stocky and squished build - almost like a large boxer, and one has a more athletic build. Anyway what you're saying basically is that even though these dogs are registered as Pit Bulls they really aren't just based on their build? Is there no American Bull Dog breed anymore?[/quote]

They aren't bull dogs at all, separate from the American Bull Dog all together...
A Pit Bull dog that is beginning to take on less athletic characteristics. I'm sure there are ban doggs and bull dogs back in the lines but still papered APBT.
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » April 12th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Interesting stuff! I have been reading about how the Am Pit Bull Terrier came to be a breed. Is making a new branches of the breed a good thing?? It sounds like these new branches are coming from backyard breeders. I read that a true breeder is barely making any money if any off of breeding because of all the testing they are doing to make sure the male and female dogs are geneticlly fit to be bread. PLUS all the other stuff calltoarms mentioned!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » April 12th, 2010, 2:20 pm

True, quality breeders do eventually make money..not a lot, but some. It takes many years and a number of breedings to quantify and qualify their lines as high quality.

Unfortunately, the young lady that Grace is discussing isn't likely to do any of the testing, or provide any of the necessary vet care or even really understand the breed lines (or truthfully care). This is the classic example of a back yard breeder that is looking to turn a quick buck on the womb and penis of a dog....if the pups have health problems, no one will ever know until some buyer has to deal with them. If there are whelping complications....hopefully Mom will survive, but if not...they will grieve momentarily and then begin looking for another.

It is the unfortunate truth .
airwalk
I live here

Postby demolitionic » April 12th, 2010, 9:45 pm

And I'm sure you can depend on all the pups going to wonderful homes.

PS: American Bulldogs = Scott and Johnson type. Scott ABs are smaller, more agile, more performance dogs, where Johnson ABs are bigger, thicker, heavier boned.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby dlynne1123 » April 13th, 2010, 11:11 am

PetieMarie22 wrote:Interesting stuff! I have been reading about how the Am Pit Bull Terrier came to be a breed. Is making a new branches of the breed a good thing?? It sounds like these new branches are coming from backyard breeders. I read that a true breeder is barely making any money if any off of breeding because of all the testing they are doing to make sure the male and female dogs are geneticlly fit to be bread. PLUS all the other stuff calltoarms mentioned!

Just compare an old Colby dog to todays bully gang or gotti line. They can't catch a rat?
Ryder - Rescue APBT
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby DemoDick » April 16th, 2010, 1:24 am

plebayo wrote:I guess I'm still confused. There are two "types" of American Bull Dogs - I can't name them but one version has a very stocky and squished build - almost like a large boxer, and one has a more athletic build. Anyway what you're saying basically is that even though these dogs are registered as Pit Bulls they really aren't just based on their build? Is there no American Bull Dog breed anymore?

You're talking about Johnson vs. Scott lines of the American Bulldog, which is a different breed entirely than the APBT.

I don't care what papers are on what dog. Even if traced back to John Colby's yard, neither of those dogs are Pit Bulls. Bloodlines are irrelevant with respect to breed when the dog cannot perform due to structural defects.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Malli » April 16th, 2010, 1:57 am

Plebayo,

American Bulldogs are larger dogs with a different purpose, there are still AmBull breeds, still johnson and scott types

American Bullies have been bred from the APBT (notice I didn't say are APBT as they are clearly not)

make sense? :wink:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby demolitionic » April 16th, 2010, 11:17 pm

There's a thread here about APBTs vs American Bullies somewhere, with pictures.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » April 17th, 2010, 7:56 am

"Leftie from Ruthless Kennels is an example of an American Bully coming from the Gotti Line Family. Please do not let the kennel name scare you. Lefty’s temperament is extremely low. He can be left alone with any child with out being concerned about the child. Leftie stands at 16'' with a weight of 82.5lbs and a 24.5'' Head. Ruthless Kennels was established in 2000."

Of course you could leave him alone with a kid...even a baby that can't crawl could get away from this dog if necessary...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BullyLady » April 17th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Ugh, that picture is nauseating.....

:puke:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby CinderDee » April 17th, 2010, 8:10 pm

That's sad. :(
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » April 17th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Holy crap... :neutral: :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby PetieMarie22 » April 19th, 2010, 12:19 pm

And how much are people paying for that monstrosity?
Why would you name your kennel "Ruthless" and then say "don't be intimidated by the name"?
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby dlynne1123 » April 20th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Sadly enough between 1 k and 2 k in some places...a client of ours just purchased two 'Gotti' dogs from Cali and paid 1500 each...over the internet, without meeting the dogs first....just pay and deliver via airplane....That was their buy 2 deal....And their all proud b/c they'll be able to breed them and make blue puppies!!!! (purely being sarcastic of course. I wish clients would take my advice before they came in with new puppies)
Ryder - Rescue APBT
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » April 20th, 2010, 9:32 pm

dlynne1123 wrote:Sadly enough between 1 k and 2 k in some places...a client of ours just purchased

I think that price is pretty common. It is also my understanding that most of the breeders specializing in American Bullies are not doing any health testing (go figure)
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk