"Pure=Blue-Nose-Pits-Male-Gotti-Bloodline*. wants to breed

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ArtGypsy » April 10th, 2010, 11:13 pm

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Okay.
I can't say much on here, because these dogs belong to a 'family' I'm working with. She has these two pit bulls and explains to me why she is going to BREED them as soon 'as crap settles down and I get my kids back">
:rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

I've been able to work in some ED-U-CA-TION on why BREEDING this ""Gotty Line"? is NOT such a good idea; how the shelters are FULL of dogs, (she says these dogs will go for so much money NO ONE will want to get rid of them, they'll-go-to=good-homes'> :cuss:
etc. etc. etc.
I at least got her to agree that breeding these dogs is THE LAST THING she needs right now, and she also admitted that the kennels are full of pit bulls.

I want this grey male A.K.A. "Gotty-blood" so badly..... :sad2: :sad2:
He is so LOVEABLE and timid...........and these dogs have witnessed so much VIOLENCE that this male will PEE and run if 'the police' come to the door..">

nice....... :| :cuss: :bs: :crazy2: :? :sad2:

“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitsnok » April 11th, 2010, 1:50 am

Oh they are so pretty.
It makes me so sad people can be so jaded about breeding. I hope you can convince her not to.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » April 11th, 2010, 8:41 am

That sucks...

Make sure you tell her that isn't a pit while you are at it :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 8:50 am

maberi wrote:That sucks...

Make sure you tell her that isn't a pit while you are at it :|

Okay, Now I feel stupid........what?
which one isn't a pit bull?
:?
Oh Gawd.....LOL....
ArtGypsy

Postby iluvk9 » April 11th, 2010, 10:04 am

Looking at their house from the outside, I am going to take a guess that they are financially strapped and think this will be a good way to make money.

Maybe you can break down the COST of HAVING puppies for her? Vet bills (which I would hope they would do), food for pregnant Mom and later food for pups.

Are they thinking of breeding the big head -blue dog with the one wearing the pink collar?

And "blue-nose" is a color, not a breed.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » April 11th, 2010, 10:06 am

Those are American Bullies. ;)

Cute hippos, though!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby dlynne1123 » April 11th, 2010, 10:24 am

iluvk9 wrote:Looking at their house from the outside, I am going to take a guess that they are financially strapped and think this will be a good way to make money.

Maybe you can break down the COST of HAVING puppies for her? Vet bills (which I would hope they would do), food for pregnant Mom and later food for pups.

Are they thinking of breeding the big head -blue dog with the one wearing the pink collar?

My dogs mother had to have two c-sections the pups heads were so big! Kinda like English Bulldogs now, so prepare them for a 1500 dollar c-section! When you hope for the best, the worst scenario happens.
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 10:47 am

BullyLady wrote:Those are American Bullies. ;)

Cute hippos, though!

OH.
:? :|
I'M SO dense on this stuff.....
LOL

APBT,
Am Staff
Staff
American Bully
bull dogs?
ArtGypsy

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 11:57 am

iluvk9 wrote:Looking at their house from the outside, I am going to take a guess that they are financially strapped and think this will be a good way to make money.

--------yeah...I knew when she first told me about her
REGISTERED WITH PAPERS, 100% BLUE NOSE PITS, we were in 'for trouble">
THEN
when she and the kids were talking about 'when Angel has Puppies From Kimbo", it was gonna be an uphill battle.

Trying to Educate someone who REALLY has no clue and spends ALL of their time around equally-ignorant people can be very difficult; especially when I don't want to come across as bossy or 'know it all'. I'm trying to build rapport, so i can help her get out of the drugs, the violence and the "gang life".
ArtGypsy

Postby amazincc » April 11th, 2010, 2:40 pm

I like the pic w/the little boy trying to avoid the wagging tail... :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby demolitionic » April 11th, 2010, 3:35 pm

I'd suggest explaining to her the risk of the mother's life - especially breeding such structurally unsound dogs. Make them realize that they're endangering their female's life for this horrible stupid idea.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » April 11th, 2010, 5:15 pm

I'm confused... how are they AmBulls and not Pit Bulls?

I think the situation is unfortunate, this is why you should be allowed to pass a test in order to own intact animals. Just because the parts are there doesn't mean they should be used.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » April 11th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Regular vet consultatyion:50$ (here in Quebec, probably more in your area!).
X-ray, 70$, or ultrasound (ideally), 200$, to check how many pups are in there, to have an idea of what's going on/is there one left in there?? if she gives birth at home.
Puppy food, which mama needs when in gestation.

Let's say things go wrong...
Emergency consultation, week end or after 11pm: 120$
Emergency c-section ***for a CAT (which would be much cheaper, as anesthesia is by size) on Easter Sunday*** : 1500$, plus all fees after the surgery, and potential care for the puppies if in distress.
Mama may lose some or all her pups, or mama may die/be in critical shape and stay in the hospital for a few days.

If everyone makes it ok...

Puppy visit, for each puppy: 50$
Base vaccine, to have 3 boosters (ok, she wouldn't be doing all 3, but she may have to!) is 16$ x 3, per puppy.
Deworming, 3 months worth per puppy: 15$

That's a lot of money. Just sayin'... And I'm sure anybody whos had a litter can comment on more fees, and your mental state when you have 2 adult dogs and 5-6 puppies running around!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby dlynne1123 » April 11th, 2010, 7:32 pm

plebayo wrote:I'm confused... how are they AmBulls and not Pit Bulls?

I think the situation is unfortunate, this is why you should be allowed to pass a test in order to own intact animals. Just because the parts are there doesn't mean they should be used.

American Bullies are still being registered as pit bulls but they are turning into a completely different breed. Different structure, different stamina, my girl can't run around the block without a coronary, not to mention her not being very proportionate. They take the athelete out of the dog, trying to make it look more muscular. All I can think of, is that my Panser is a Power lifter version of what pit bulls are supposed to look like. And she can't get out of her own way. UKC sees them as the same dog on papers but in reality they will be their own breed if the direction keeps going 'bigger is better'

check out the AM Bull or Pit Bull thread. I have one of each, not on purpose mind you, so its easier for me to see the difference. Structurally, and physically.
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » April 11th, 2010, 7:43 pm

call2arms wrote:Regular vet consultatyion:50$ (here in Quebec, probably more in your area!).
X-ray, 70$, or ultrasound (ideally), 200$, to check how many pups are in there, to have an idea of what's going on/is there one left in there?? if she gives birth at home.
Puppy food, which mama needs when in gestation.

Let's say things go wrong...
Emergency consultation, week end or after 11pm: 120$
Emergency c-section ***for a CAT (which would be much cheaper, as anesthesia is by size) on Easter Sunday*** : 1500$, plus all fees after the surgery, and potential care for the puppies if in distress.
Mama may lose some or all her pups, or mama may die/be in critical shape and stay in the hospital for a few days.

If everyone makes it ok...

Puppy visit, for each puppy: 50$
Base vaccine, to have 3 boosters (ok, she wouldn't be doing all 3, but she may have to!) is 16$ x 3, per puppy.
Deworming, 3 months worth per puppy: 15$

That's a lot of money. Just sayin'... And I'm sure anybody whos had a litter can comment on more fees, and your mental state when you have 2 adult dogs and 5-6 puppies running around!

Unfortunately while every bit of this is true for a responsible dog owner...I'm betting not one thing will apply to this particular individual or make any real difference. If they are in drugs, gangs and strapped for cash...if they don't make it, they don't make it...someone down the street around the corner has a litter coming they can start again. :|
airwalk
I live here

Postby plebayo » April 11th, 2010, 8:04 pm

dlynne1123 wrote:
plebayo wrote:I'm confused... how are they AmBulls and not Pit Bulls?

American Bullies are still being registered as pit bulls but they are turning into a completely different breed. Different structure, different stamina, my girl can't run around the block without a coronary, not to mention her not being very proportionate. They take the athelete out of the dog, trying to make it look more muscular. All I can think of, is that my Panser is a Power lifter version of what pit bulls are supposed to look like. And she can't get out of her own way. UKC sees them as the same dog on papers but in reality they will be their own breed if the direction keeps going 'bigger is better'

check out the AM Bull or Pit Bull thread. I have one of each, not on purpose mind you, so its easier for me to see the difference. Structurally, and physically.

I guess I'm still confused. There are two "types" of American Bull Dogs - I can't name them but one version has a very stocky and squished build - almost like a large boxer, and one has a more athletic build. Anyway what you're saying basically is that even though these dogs are registered as Pit Bulls they really aren't just based on their build? Is there no American Bull Dog breed anymore?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ArtGypsy » April 11th, 2010, 9:03 pm

And what's with this 'gotty blood line " she talks about???

I just smile and nod my head........
ArtGypsy

Postby plebayo » April 11th, 2010, 9:09 pm

And what's with this 'gotty blood line " she talks about???

I just smile and nod my head........

I think Gotti and RazorsEdge are famous for blue pit bulls, but I may be wrong. I think they also kind of have a bad reputation for maybe doing too much line breeding and having super chunky dogs? I was trying to research it but the comp I'm on doesn't have a reliable internet connection, hopefully someone more in the know can correct me and explain things.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby airwalk » April 11th, 2010, 9:21 pm

It's a pedigree line. Decendents from Juan Gotti...and many believe them to have been American Bullies from the go...oversized...what I call short and wides.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » April 11th, 2010, 10:20 pm

My Kinzyl and former Gotty are grandchildren of Juan Gotti. :nono: Thank goodness they don't have the health problems that alot of the short and wides are having. Well except for Gotty's big fat gooberhead :wink:
Jody, it took me a lot of reading and looking to understand the difference in all the different mixtures that people were doing to try to make "pit bulls".
I am just thankful they came into my life and I can just call them "dogs" :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk