I have the greatest news!!!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby pitsnok » April 10th, 2010, 7:30 pm

So, you guys know how we have had problems with Degan and other dogs in the past. We were worried he was dog aggressive.
WELL, today we went over to our friends house which has a huge backyard, to let them run around. He doesn't have any dogs, but his girlfriend does. She went home to change into some cooler clothes and brought her dog back with her, Honey, who is a border collie/brittany spaniel. At first I was like "oh god why did she bring her?!" But they had a window open and the dogs interacted through the screen for a little while with no problems. So Renae, the owner of Honey, suggested we leash all the dogs and bring Honey out. She did, and SURPRISE, Degan was absolutely an ANGEL!! He basically ignored her altogether, which I know is not the best sign, but also is a great sign for what we thought we were going to be dealing with. We actually got to the point where all of the dogs were off leash (EXTRA SUPERVISED) and the only problems we had were between Honey and Harlow. (Honey is older, and Harlow has terrible puppy manners still, so Honey had to put her in her place a few times, but Harlow responded well).

I just have to say that I am absolutely thrilled with my dogs' behavior. I honestly thought we would have to keep Degan away from other dogs for the rest of his life, thus preventing training classes, etc. Now I know there is hope for us! Now I am much more gung-ho about the idea of doing group training, and working towards a CGC which I have wanted to do with Degan since we first got him.

I just had to brag!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » April 11th, 2010, 8:11 am

That *is* great news! :rock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » April 11th, 2010, 10:07 am

That IS great news! Now you can go for the group training. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby tiva » April 11th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Yah! Congratulations!
tiva
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Training & Behavior