A Shock Jock Who Needs A Muzzle

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Marinepits » April 2nd, 2010, 2:48 pm

From the BadRap Blog:

http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... -jock.html

Stop the Shock Jock

While I was blissing though air travel with my new heart throb and soaking up all the love, his soon-to-be pit bull siblings back home were taking a beating from a dipshit shock jock attorney on a popular radio show. If you're from the SF bay area you probably already know that long-time pit bull hater Len Tillem on KGO radio advised a caller who was worried about unruly neighbor dogs to toss poisoned meat over the fence to solve her problem just this last Tuesday. Why? One of the dogs at the home was a pit mix and good old Len doesn't like him some pit bulls. So this brilliant attorney recommended malicious animal cruelty to a radio listener.

A transcript of the conversation, and audio:

Len Tillam: Let me ask you a question. I'm not encouraging it. Have you already started thinking about rat poison wrapped in hamburger meat thrown over the fence?
Caller: Uhm...No
LT: Well you should
Caller: Well I thought of something but I have a cat...
LT: Oh wait til they kill your cat. Pit bulls love to kill cats. Wait and see what and your 3 year old kid will have to go to therapy because he saw his dead cat being chewed up by the pit bull.
Caller: Oh I hope not.
LT: Welcome to pit bull world. And everything I'm saying about pit bulls I mean and I know with all my heart is true and if you own a pit bull you're an idiot.

After phone complaints to the station, Tillem offered a half-assed apology, but we're less than impressed. Care to join us in calling him on his actions? We'd like to see stronger repercussions. For one, you can join us in filing a complaint with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for actively promoting an act of animal cruelty to a radio audience (maliciously poisoning an animal in California can be charged as a felony).

Phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)
TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)
Fax: 1-866-418-0232 e-mail: fccinfo@fcc.gov

You can also file a complaint and ask the State Bar of CA to investigate this unethical attorney. They certainly will, if they get complaints.

For the pit bulls. Thank you.

Seriously. What. The. smurf. If this guy were in my jurisdiction, I would go out-of-my-way to make SURE this guy was charged, some how, some way. AND, I would make an official complaint to the State Bar.

I get the whole Freedom of Speech argument, but there comes a time when people have to be RESPONSIBLE for the crap that comes out of their mouths.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby HappyChick » April 2nd, 2010, 3:38 pm

Wow! We were just talking about this subject earlier today, but about a different shock jock.

We had something like that here too a couple of years ago. "Mancow" aka stupid f'er, was broadcasting frequently on his show that all pit bulls should be killed and gave his ignorant reasons. I wrote him a long, informational email and made sure I let him know I'd never listen to his radio show again.

Fast forward a year. I had not listened to his show in all that time, but got in the car one morning and he was on. Before I could change the station, I heard a caller telling Mancow that he'd (the caller) just killed two pit bulls since Mancow said they should all be killed.

Mancow did some fast talking. Said he didn't tell people they should go out and kill pit bulls, etc., etc. I have not listened to his show again. He is nothing but a POS, but he still has the radio show.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » April 2nd, 2010, 3:46 pm

I started reading and don't feel like being pissed off today. That is all.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby LMM » April 2nd, 2010, 3:48 pm

WOW. :x
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby demolitionic » April 3rd, 2010, 2:34 pm

I got $5 that says he's got man-boobs, a hairy paunch, and a small cock.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby DeeNtheChillas » April 3rd, 2010, 4:52 pm

Disgusting. Just freaking disgusting.
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL