Lily was attacked today!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby DogsRPeople » March 30th, 2010, 11:00 pm

Hi,

Its not as bad as it sounds.

Here we were walking the girls (Lily & Sandy), and we stopped to talk to a neighbor down the street. We saw him the other day walking a razor edge pitbull. We've seen him before, as he's stopped by when he'd seen Lily. He loves her coloring. (White w brown spots).

We knew he had to be breeding, but didn't know he lived so close by.

Anyways, we started walking and only got three houses down and a white cat attacked Lily in the face.It happened in a matter of seconds. We saw the cat, they barked, and the cat dove off a picnic bench and landed on Lily's face. She let out a cry, and Sandy turned to protect, and the cat ran up the tree.

I stopped and checked her face. She was shaking her head real bad, and first thought was it got her eye.

I stayed calm, and checked her over. She had a couple facial lacerations, but nothing to serious.

As bad as other people make these dogs, its funny that Lily never turned vicious. We have two cats and my second thought was I hope they don't go after them now! :shock:

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby StalkerBlueDog » March 30th, 2010, 11:24 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about that. My pups love their cat.. and every now and then they run up on a random cat in the neighborhood that doesn't return their love and they get poked, scratched.. etc. Sometimes in their own yard. They still love their cat! (random disclaimer: I have herding dogs, not pit's)
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby DogsRPeople » March 30th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Hey,

I was hoping not.

StalkerBlueDog wrote: (random disclaimer: I have herding dogs, not pit's)

That's real Funny! hehe

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2010, 3:42 am

don't worry, they'll know the difference between your cat and that cat ;)

My dog had almost the exact same thing happen, got swatted across the nose and muzzle, cat just jumped out of the bush and nailed him, my guy was walking him and neither of them saw it coming.

In both cases the cats are/were lucky that our dogs weren't better prepared!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » March 31st, 2010, 7:21 am

Geez...a cat?

:giggle:

Sorry.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DogsRPeople » March 31st, 2010, 7:57 am

Malli wrote:
In both cases the cats are/were lucky that our dogs weren't better prepared!

Well, that cat better watch out. I know where he lives! :mad2: :D

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby DogsRPeople » March 31st, 2010, 8:01 am

iluvk9 wrote:Geez...a cat?

:giggle:

Sorry.

Yeah, Headlines should read- Vicious Kittie Attack- Tables Turned On Pitbull. Owner and Dog Survive!

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 31st, 2010, 9:15 am

My bratty little Bombay Mix ambushes Petie and goes "buck wild" on her face. She gets a couple of scratches on her nose and muzzle once in awhile. I get nervous that the cat will get the dog's eye with her Freddie Krueger claws.
It is ironic, I am definatly more nervous that my cat will hurt my pit bull.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby DogsRPeople » March 31st, 2010, 9:45 am

A few minutes ago the dogs went hog wild at our back sliding door. We looked and here's a Cat
perched on our split pole garden fence under the bird feeder.

My wife went to let Lily out, so the cat would run outta the yard. (She loves her birds) She was
hooking Sandy on her cable run from inside the door, and with all the commotion our Alpha Cat
Sassy (declawed) came up behind Sandy and started beating on her. Jeesh
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby Ino » March 31st, 2010, 10:16 am

PetieMarie22 wrote:It is ironic, I am definatly more nervous that my cat will hurt my pit bull.

lol That is one of my main reasons for keeping Ino crated when I am not home!! Punkin (one of my kitties) is somewhat territorial of the kitchen table area....it is a great place to execute a stealth attack (not aggressive- just in play). It always ends up with Ino play pouncing to get the kitty to come back out from under the table to play, but I am afraid of them playing too rough when I am not home. Eventhough kitty is good about keeping his nails retracted when he swats Ino, sometimes during play with me he gets carried away and forgets to keep them in and scratches me a bit. Plus, the kitty taught Ino to swat like a cat and he tries to "swat" them back playfully but it ends up being more of a punch (and he is very accurate with landing them)- 80lb dog vs a 15 lb cat....it is funny, but I have to intervene when he starts punching Punkin!!! Kitties can definately be feisty!!!
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 31st, 2010, 12:07 pm

Dang evil cats :nono:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » March 31st, 2010, 4:25 pm

Poor Lily, I hope she can get over her incident with that bad old cat.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to Pit Bull Talk