Neville is retiring!

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2010, 3:58 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36009924/

SEATTLE - He's got a reputation, but he's not living up to it. And that's a good thing. Neville the pit bull is working the ferry lines at Seattle's Coleman Dock.

He isn't supposed to be here. Neville was on death row in Canada until an escape worthy of a spy novel got him across the border and into the K-9 work force. Today he protects the people who almost failed him.

"He's the kind of dog who would take a bullet for you," said Neville's handler, Trooper David Dixon. "And there are people like me who had a bad idea of pit bulls in the past that may change their mind and love them because they're great."
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 24th, 2010, 5:46 am

:clap:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Ino » March 24th, 2010, 8:05 am

What a great article. My favorite line is the last one in the article. "Neville will remain with Trooper Dixon after his retirement." That is awesome!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Suzi » March 24th, 2010, 10:25 am

I have seen them at work as I wait for the Ferry every Thurs. on my way to work.....

His handler/owner Trooper Dixon is really a nice man, who loves his dog,,,he speaks of him as his "partner"...@ six months ago he said that he (Neville)would be going into retirement....After checking vehicles,,,,you'd see them to the side playing a game of tug. The two are a "love match"..

Trooper Dixon also made the comment "No more Pit Bulls for the WSP,,,to many complaints from the public @ using PB's :( ....He (the trooper) was so dissapointed that this decision was made,,as to quote him "I'd never own another breed after having Neville, they are the best dogs"....
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2010, 10:43 am

Ino wrote:What a great article. My favorite line is the last one in the article. "Neville will remain with Trooper Dixon after his retirement." That is awesome!!! :D

that made me happy..but he is always welcome back here :| :mrgreen:
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » March 24th, 2010, 1:21 pm

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2010, 6:16 pm

I had not seen Nev in a couple of years (time flies...geeze) so these pics were a HUGE shock to me! But he is still so handsome and I am still so proud of him.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » March 25th, 2010, 1:53 pm

:thumbsup:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » March 25th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Way to go handsome boy!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2010, 12:21 am

Suzi wrote:Trooper Dixon also made the comment "No more Pit Bulls for the WSP,,,to many complaints from the public @ using PB's :( ....He (the trooper) was so dissapointed that this decision was made,,as to quote him "I'd never own another breed after having Neville, they are the best dogs"....

THAT IS PATHETIC

What a joke... I"m sure there have been racist complaints about black officers and native American officers, I wonder if they have stopped hiring them as well?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » March 28th, 2010, 7:13 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Suzi wrote:Trooper Dixon also made the comment "No more Pit Bulls for the WSP,,,to many complaints from the public @ using PB's :( ....He (the trooper) was so dissapointed that this decision was made,,as to quote him "I'd never own another breed after having Neville, they are the best dogs"....

THAT IS PATHETIC

What a joke... I"m sure there have been racist complaints about black officers and native American officers, I wonder if they have stopped hiring them as well?

Neville is a handsome boy!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL