Did I do the right thing ?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » March 22nd, 2010, 11:21 am

There is a strip mall on the other side of the chain link fence from our apartment, there have been some guys working there that have a black pit-bull that's been roaming free while they are working, it comes over to our side of the fence.

Today, I heared some dogs fighting, I looked out that pit-bull was having a fight with a german sheperd. I called our apartment complex office, they said to call animal control. So, I called 911 about it.

I've been scared that the pit-bull would go after Dottie when they are out walking.

I hope I did the right thing. They can't have that pit-bull roaming free.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 22nd, 2010, 11:23 am

I think you did the right thing, absolutely. Once again stupid people letting their dog roam around off-leash causing problems. :nono:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 22nd, 2010, 11:51 am

YES! These are the people who give pit bull owners a bad name. Hopefully if the guys actually care about the dog, they'll realize why letting the dog roam free is wrong. Or (again, being hopeful) they'll find the dog a better home for it. Most importantly, you have to protect yourself and your dog.

BTW - I call animal control on a home owner that lives next to my complex about once a month. He lets his 14 year old Rotweiler and a younger black lab run all over the complex grounds. Finally animal control came and SAW the loose dogs and FINALLY gave the guy a much deserved ticket. The guy just did not understand what the big deal was if his dogs walked off the property a little bit. Maybe a fine will make him see straight.
Last edited by PetieMarie22 on March 22nd, 2010, 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 22nd, 2010, 3:29 pm

I think it applies to BOTH dogs in the situation :| People shouldn't let the German Shepherd run free, either? Who's to say he didn't start the fight?
In my mind, its not a breed thing, its a dog thing, and if I were to encounter either off-leash with my dog I'd be equally worried.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07

Postby IzzysDad » March 23rd, 2010, 4:02 am

IMHO, you did the right thing.
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk