Did I do the right thing ?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » March 22nd, 2010, 11:21 am

There is a strip mall on the other side of the chain link fence from our apartment, there have been some guys working there that have a black pit-bull that's been roaming free while they are working, it comes over to our side of the fence.

Today, I heared some dogs fighting, I looked out that pit-bull was having a fight with a german sheperd. I called our apartment complex office, they said to call animal control. So, I called 911 about it.

I've been scared that the pit-bull would go after Dottie when they are out walking.

I hope I did the right thing. They can't have that pit-bull roaming free.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 22nd, 2010, 11:23 am

I think you did the right thing, absolutely. Once again stupid people letting their dog roam around off-leash causing problems. :nono:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 22nd, 2010, 11:51 am

YES! These are the people who give pit bull owners a bad name. Hopefully if the guys actually care about the dog, they'll realize why letting the dog roam free is wrong. Or (again, being hopeful) they'll find the dog a better home for it. Most importantly, you have to protect yourself and your dog.

BTW - I call animal control on a home owner that lives next to my complex about once a month. He lets his 14 year old Rotweiler and a younger black lab run all over the complex grounds. Finally animal control came and SAW the loose dogs and FINALLY gave the guy a much deserved ticket. The guy just did not understand what the big deal was if his dogs walked off the property a little bit. Maybe a fine will make him see straight.
Last edited by PetieMarie22 on March 22nd, 2010, 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 22nd, 2010, 3:29 pm

I think it applies to BOTH dogs in the situation :| People shouldn't let the German Shepherd run free, either? Who's to say he didn't start the fight?
In my mind, its not a breed thing, its a dog thing, and if I were to encounter either off-leash with my dog I'd be equally worried.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby IzzysDad » March 23rd, 2010, 4:02 am

IMHO, you did the right thing.
IzzysDad
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk