Pack Ethic

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2010, 7:04 pm

http://www.packethic.com/home in CT and NY good, bad, any info? i've never heard of them and have been asked to check them out.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2010, 7:08 pm

The rescue website as well as the guy's training website scream Cesar.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby LMM » March 21st, 2010, 7:50 pm

I'll email you privately. I've heard lots about this place.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby tiva » March 21st, 2010, 7:55 pm

LMM, I'm curious too. I had just written something along the lines of: "he's full of CM pseudo-science, but a lot of dogs may not mind putting up with that stuff if they get to run around on 25 fenced acres, and if the alternative is a sharp needle." But depending on what you've heard, it's probably a lot more complicated than my first take on the issue (silly ideas; better than many other alternatives for dogs that would otherwise be on death row)
tiva
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » March 21st, 2010, 7:58 pm

All I can say publicly is I've been warned by quite a few close and trusted rescue contacts to stay far, far away. I've never had any personal dealings with him but that's good enough for me.

And they are the type of people to not speak up about a rescue unless it's absolutely necessary.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2010, 7:59 pm

All I needed to know I saw here:
Rates:

In Home Consultations:
First session:
2 hours $800
4 hours $1200

Return Visits:
$600

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » March 21st, 2010, 8:15 pm

mnp13 wrote:All I needed to know I saw here:
Rates:

In Home Consultations:
First session:
2 hours $800
4 hours $1200

Return Visits:
$600

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How very ethical of them... since they are non-profit -
Pack Ethic Rescue is a registered 501(c)(3) organization.

That money must go towards all those gold-embroidered satin pillows the dogs have to be sleeping on. :rolleyes2: :crazy2: :bs:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » March 22nd, 2010, 12:40 am

no no no...

they are separate websites for a reason... lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 22nd, 2010, 1:54 am

ok, gold embroidered satin pillows? I looked, and where? :lol3: seriously, now I'm frustrated.

All the terminology is straight out of CM.

I think this is one of the biggest issues I had with the "trainer" I took from school, too; its the tendancy with many dog trainers to do training that dominates (for lack of a better word) the dog's entire waking life. So what if my dog doesn't like some other dogs? I don't need him to "like" them, just to mind me when I tell him to leave them the f&ck alone :| The trainer I took my course from with had BC's and I kid you not, when he was around, the dog's ALWAYS had their eyes or an ear on him, waiting for a cue. Its like, when do they get to go be dogs?

I really like working and training dogs, and I like consistent quick my responses from the dog, but I also like my dog to be just a dog, too.

I think thats the issue I have with CM and my "trainer"/teacher, that and the brute force involved in some of the methods I was taught :rolleyes2:

I even have the same feeling about it : well, if it works, and people keep their dogs, but it isn't the way I'd want to do it...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Ino » March 22nd, 2010, 8:51 am

Another thing that sends up a red flag for me is I did not see any info about the people who run it and there is no address or even the town it is located in (unless I missed it- all I saw was farm in upper NY state). Farm land can be great to run a rescue on, but it can also be a dogs nightmare if it is an isolated farm where the owner can do what he wants and not have to fear people seeing or reporting them. It also can be set up so it is outside of city limits where local authorities have no jurisdiction and the larger forces do not have the time to check in. The guy I went to "work" for (and quit within days) had isolated land that was on a private road and backed up to a large amount of state land. You could not see what was going on at all from the road. He ran a doggy boot camp and I am sure the owners of the dogs he trained did not have a clue what their dogs went through. IMO, he wasnt training- he was intimidating and abusing dogs to shut their behaviors down.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue