Ear Monster

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 18th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Piper's ears are infected and he's been AWFUL for me trying to clean them. We're in a battle royale over ear cleaning for the next 11 days until his meds are done. Mama is sticking to her guns and winning the fight, but Piper is not taking it gracefully.

Too bad he's so darned cute!

"But Mum, I don't like my ear meds"
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 18th, 2010, 9:20 pm

What an awesome picture! Poor little guy looks so abused!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » March 18th, 2010, 9:48 pm

I feel your pain!! I clean ears 2-3 times weekly to prevent ear infections. Somehow Kodi STILL got an ear infection. If he even sees the ear medicine or the gauze he goes running for under the couch! Somehow he hasn't figured out he gets lots of yummy treats when I'm finished. He just runs around the house shaking his head like a maniac.

Boy do I HATE poodle ears!!!
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby CinderDee » March 18th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Poor Piper. :( I hope he feels better soon.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » March 18th, 2010, 11:59 pm

I'd suggest lots of treats :) AND, stick to your guns ;) Even if he doesn't like it he'll probably tolerate it better! Works for the dogs at work!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » March 19th, 2010, 7:15 am

Piper certainly knows how to give "the look". 8) I have the same situation with my Labradork, Truman. I clean 3 times a week in nice weather, and once a wk in winter. Labrador ears are so warm and cozy for infections. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 19th, 2010, 7:44 am

Thanks everyone!

I have been using LOTS of peanut butter for distraction. He's not upset afterwards (maybe just a little worn out from the flailing and kicking).
There is a lot of screaming and banging around and snorting and bubble blowing.... so much that last night Phil called in to me "honey? are you ok in there??" But so far I have just made it a point to always win the fight. I'm REALLY hoping that after another day or two he will give in a bit and just realize he's not winning.

:crazy2:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 19th, 2010, 7:53 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:There is a lot of screaming and banging around and snorting and bubble blowing....

Coming from you or Piper?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » March 19th, 2010, 9:43 am

My lab has to have his ears cleaned all the time...I feel your pain! (and yours too, Joyce!)
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » March 19th, 2010, 1:23 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:
ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:There is a lot of screaming and banging around and snorting and bubble blowing....

Coming from you or Piper?

LMAO

Just keep at it. I've found with Oscar that eventually they just realize that it's easier to put up with it and deal ;) You can do it!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 19th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Hahaha. Yeah, mostly Piper. There is a lot of Grrrr'ing from me, though.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Ino » March 20th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Aww- poor Piper!! I hope his ear heals fast! Giving ear meds is never fun- especially when they shake off right after you put it in and get hit in the eye!!! :rolleyes2: Ino has to have his ears done regularly since he is a swimming machine so he does not get yeast ears again.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 21st, 2010, 10:05 pm

Well, I think I've finally won. Piper was VERY good for his ear cleaning tonight. :D No crying, no fuss.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby madremissy » March 21st, 2010, 10:39 pm

Way to go Allie. Persistance pays off!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » March 21st, 2010, 11:53 pm

WTG Allie! How are his ears?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » March 22nd, 2010, 12:30 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Well, I think I've finally won. Piper was VERY good for his ear cleaning tonight. :D No crying, no fuss.

Its amazing how persistent they can be, eh? A battle of the wills with a Bull Breed is NOT easily won! congrats !
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Gallery and Cinema