Diatomaceuos Earth

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby LMM » March 18th, 2010, 10:53 am

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any insight?

http://www.earthyhealth.com/diatomaceou ... imals.html

Pets: Our best friends come in all shapes and sizes. Protect them with Diatomaceous Earth. When lightly rubbed into their coats or dusted on their premises, it is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on pet dogs, cats, and birds. It can also be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » March 18th, 2010, 11:01 am

my cat got fleas last fall and we tried DE, it didn't help at all :-( We had to go to the vet and get frontline and prednisone shots because her flea allergy is so bad that she licked herself completely bald on her ass end and I felt awful for trying this method with her.
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » March 18th, 2010, 11:23 am

I bought it twice, the first time I was extremely impressed.. Last year, big NEGATIVE and a waste of my money. :|
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » March 18th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Crap :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » March 18th, 2010, 9:10 pm

It's relatively cheap for a large amount from what I recall, if you don't have a major problem give it a try.. It may work perfectly for you. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2010, 11:55 pm

I've heard lots of good things about it

And I thought of this thread because I found it on woot

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/f53 ... 49-7-99#13
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Natalie » March 22nd, 2010, 11:21 am

I normally use DE in the chicken coop, but ran out and haven't ordered any for a few months. Whaddaya know...they got lice, gross! I'm definitely going back to using it on them regularly. Don't know about dogs though. Unfortunately my guys get a bath twice a week due to allergies so it wouldn't stay on for long.
Natalie
Just Whelped

Return to Nutrition & Health