Paxton and Maggie - Breed guessing help needed!

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby LMM » March 11th, 2010, 11:06 am

Meet the newest additions to PLR, straight out of Deliverance (long story) :rolleyes2:

So we need help with breed guesses. Maggie looks like she might have a little St. Bernard or something similar in her and even though his coloring is off Paxton looks like he might have a little rottie in him. So help guys! You have a good track record of being pretty good with breed guesses.

Paxton

Maggie

M & P
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby plebayo » March 11th, 2010, 11:13 am

Maggie looks like she could have some Border Collie/Boxer/maybe even some shar pei. Her ears kind of remind me of shar pei ears but it's really hard to tell at this age haha.

Paxton's face looks all rotti... maybe he gets his coloring from some dobie?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby LMM » March 11th, 2010, 11:20 am

I should also mention these guys are 8 weeks 10.2 and 10.5 pounds respectively. Their paws are pretty hefty. If this helps in the breed guessing process lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 11th, 2010, 11:22 am

That one looks like the Bermese Mountain Dog at the horse barn we board at! That may be a "donor", especially if they have big paws.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LMM » March 11th, 2010, 11:37 am

It's SO funny you say that! I was just saying last night she looks a little like a Bermese! I go back and forth between St. Bernard-y and Bermese-y lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby DeeNtheChillas » March 11th, 2010, 8:23 pm

I swear to God I saw a picture of a blue rottie before - blue is just a dilute of black, so it could be an uncommon mutation... :| I'll have to find the thread on it on my Dobe board...

Although it could be rottie mix with something that is more commonly blue - he does look quite rottie, maybe even a little Corso-ish?
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Ino » March 11th, 2010, 10:07 pm

Got me, but they sure are ADORABLE!!!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » March 11th, 2010, 10:15 pm

I think Maggie has some Bernese in her as well, and maybe, mastiff? Something Mollosser? Paxton is def. Rott. X if not an odd colored Rott., I think. They don't always come out with the standard colors ;)

they are super cute :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby LMM » March 11th, 2010, 10:30 pm

The parents were I quote "big mastiff-y looking lugs" lol

We wanted to help the parents too (kept on chains all the time) but they wanted to eat my friend in the worst way :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » March 12th, 2010, 1:01 am

I don't see Bernese Mountain Dog at all...not sure where that's coming from?

There's obviously something with the brindle gene, which narrows it down pretty good...but does include the mastiffs, and bully breeds, as well as boxers.

The little blue one, Paxton, does look like a blue rottie... :D

They're both cute! Do you think the HA will be passed on...? Since both parents were badly HA from what you said?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » March 12th, 2010, 8:43 am

No, I really don't think so. The parents are this way as a result of being on chains their entire lives and living in East Deliverance with meth heads.

Not only are they on chains but they are all spaced out juuuuuust so they can't get to one another. Imagine the years of built up aggression just from that :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » March 12th, 2010, 8:52 am

And honestly, since I wasn't there myself, I can't say for sure they are HA. I've met plenty of chained up dogs that were raving lunatics on the chain and fine when taken off. She just didn't want to take the chance and I can't blame her.

They weren't looking for any help with the parents :( All we can do is try to talk to them about s/n, not chaining, etc. It usually falls on deaf ears.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby kera09 » March 12th, 2010, 9:34 am

jenn we should contact a ddb rep, for the adults. i think im gona visit those cuties this weekend!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LMM » March 12th, 2010, 11:28 am

Already done but honestly, they aren't doing anything unlawful. They have igloos for the adults and that's all they need even in our most severe weather. I'm going through the same thing with the Joseph Ave. dog :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby HappyPuppy » March 15th, 2010, 12:17 pm

I thought 'rott' on the first one. BTW - it's Bernese not Bermese... :wink:
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » March 16th, 2010, 10:17 am

Yes thanks, I realized my mistake quite a few posts ago ;)

Well we are going with rottie mix for Paxton and keep Maggie as a mastiff mix for now. That may change as she gets a little bigger and changes as she grows.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Gallery and Cinema