You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 4:31 pm

Maryellen wrote:so basically what you are saying aimee is that diane took guppy, did no training with her whatsoever per her own words, and when the dog hit almost a year euth'd her for possible temperment issues?

Most likely, yes.

Mayellen wrote:or is it a possibility she euth'd guppy because guppy was a goofy dog with no training and who had no drive for SCH or Ring sport?? i have seen litters with crappy temperments and have had a few dogs from that litter come out fine temperment wise.. yes its just a gamble.. but still.

The reason I doubt this is because she already has a bunch of out of control, nutty loons running around at her place. I've met many of her dogs. She's kept a lot of "worthless" non-working dogs over the years, so I see no reason from the pattern I have witnessed that this dog would be any different from the rest. If she was just a goofy dog with no training and who had no drive for Schutzhund or Ring, she still would have fit in.

Jamie wrote:why are you suprised? she has announced that she NEVER buys from reputable breeders- so who knows what you'll get. she supports byb contrary to what she preaches

I was surprised because I could see what that dog was going to become, and I figured that she would look beyond the potential that the pup showed to the unremarkable adult relatives that were present.

Jamie wrote:not impressed, sorry just my opinion

you are no better than she is.

Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 4:33 pm

Actually Jaime I have to disagree with you on your statement that Aimee (odnarb) is no better than Diane.

Aimee is very correct in that alot of the problem people are having with this stuff is the way Diane stated the situation. It was a "I got a BYB Dog, it was my decision, 'F' you all cause I don't care"

The other thing is that Diane is constantly spouting about not supporting BYB, BYB's are just mutts, etc. etc., and then goes and does the opposite.

Aimee's theory that if she were to find the type of dog she is looking for, she wouldn't make it known until the dog was 2 years old and health tested is a good thought.

I know that if I were to come across a dog that were the same as Aimee is speaking of, I'd give it serious consideration, but I also haven't claimed to be a breed ambassador, rescue person, etc. etc.

There is a big difference between Aimee and Diane.

BTW - Welcome Aimee! Grant is one of my favorite Internet dogs!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2006, 4:38 pm

Romanwild wrote:Her working dog excuse is crap. She hasn't met Demo's Connor yet. Found in a dumpster at an emaciated 35lbs.

3 million pit bulls pts every year. She claims that she couldn't find any that were worthy to work with her. :bs:

Hero worship is always a mistake. People are people. The fact is she has written books, created a web site and has made TV appearences preaching to the masses to save this breed and then does this is more then disappointing. It's a betrayal.

I hope she steps down from her "throne" and disappears into the NW woods and leaves us and this breed alone. We don't need her anymore. Might as well have Boudreux or DMX be our next advocate. :rolleyes2:

Next thing she'll do is post pics of her modeling "dead game" t-shirts. :uvula:

I agree, Charles! :goodStuff:

She lost much of her credibility with many of us back in the days when she posted on PBP. I wish we still had some of the outrageous posts she made, but EZboard was hacked and they were lost. No doubt Debby and GF remember quite a few of them though. (I have a crappy memory)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 4:40 pm

Big_Ant wrote:There is a big difference between Aimee and Diane.

At least SOMEBODY still likes me! Image

For the record anyway, I'd never buy a dog like that. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. A couple generations of responsible breeding later, sure. But, not directly.

Honestly, a lot has happened in my life lately that makes me wonder if I'll ever get another bulldog anyway. Y'all might just lose me to the Malinois all together :twisted:

BTW - Welcome Aimee! Grant is one of my favorite Internet dogs!!!

- Anthony

Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 4:45 pm

odnarb wrote:But on the other hand, I'm kinda hypocritical myself, I guess. I've been waiting a while for somebody to get their hands on these dogs and do the right thing with them. A 40-something pound sturcturally & mentally sound black & tan from titled and tested parents would be to die for!

And in theory I don't disagree with that. But what about getting one that is a return? Or one that wasn't sold?

But to come on the forum and boast about what she did. She wanted to cause trouble, infact she taunted people in the first post.

Thank you for posting about Guppy.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 4:46 pm

Romanwild wrote:Her working dog excuse is crap. She hasn't met Demo's Connor yet. Found in a dumpster at an emaciated 35lbs.

29 pounds... lighter than the Staffy Bull we were playing with yesterday.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pblove » January 23rd, 2006, 4:49 pm

I have a question-why isn't she banned ???????
Looked like the "intent"was there, she did come back and respond/post?
pblove
Just Whelped

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Ariel will never ban her, Sharon. :x
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 4:51 pm

she brings too many people to the forum. ariel wont cut off his nose to spite his face thats for sure.. he thrives on the board stats....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

mnp13 wrote:And in theory I don't disagree with that. But what about getting one that is a return? Or one that wasn't sold?

But to come on the forum and boast about what she did. She wanted to cause trouble, infact she taunted people in the first post.

Yes, there are certainly better ways that Havoc could have been introduced to the world :(

No problem. There are reasons that I've shied away from the local dogs, and what she likely grew into is just another testament to that.

Hey, why is my post count lower than my actual posts? That's weird :?
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Jaime » January 23rd, 2006, 4:55 pm

odnarb wrote:But on the other hand, I'm kinda hypocritical myself, I guess. I've been waiting a while for somebody to get their hands on these dogs and do the right thing with them. A 40-something pound sturcturally & mentally sound black & tan from titled and tested parents would be to die for!

i apologize i believe i misread what you were saying here... i was flipping through and thought you were supporting her idea about buying from the BYB because you can't find those dogs elsewhere. this whole subject is giving me a headache lol and with my eyes crossed it is hard to read

it just infuriates me what she has done and what she says-
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 4:56 pm

odnarb wrote:Hey, why is my post count lower than my actual posts? That's weird :?

We don't want you thinking because you've got a ton of posts you are the new Breed Expert :)

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 5:01 pm

odnarb wrote:
mnp13 wrote:And in theory I don't disagree with that. But what about getting one that is a return? Or one that wasn't sold?

Yes, there are certainly better ways that Havoc could have been introduced to the world :(

No problem. There are reasons that I've shied away from the local dogs, and what she likely grew into is just another testament to that.

Hey, why is my post count lower than my actual posts? That's weird :?

Not all posts in all forums count towards your post count. Like Off Topic & The Photo forum posts will not count.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 5:06 pm

Big_Ant wrote:We don't want you thinking because you've got a ton of posts you are the new Breed Expert :)

- Anthony

:bowDown:

Worship me! Love me! Count my POSTS!

:eek1:

Oh, sorry. Lost myself there...

Jamie wrote:i apologize i believe i misread what you were saying here... i was flipping through and thought you were supporting her idea about buying from the BYB because you can't find those dogs elsewhere.

No worries! :D
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 5:14 pm

Everyone bow before the almighty Aimee!!!

Now all you have to do is go and get one of the Colby people to write a book, stick your name next to it as a co-author, and enjoy all of the credit!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 5:17 pm

Big Ant wrote:She won't. Les Flores will and she'll take all of the credit like she does with Dirk.

Or she won't even worry about training it and stick the dog on her 'dog nanny' called THE JENNY

But I'm a little curious as to what PBF plans on doing with her. I don't see how you can keep someone around who blatantly disrespects many of the members on this forum, goes completely against everything you believe in.

I don't care how many people she attracts to this forum, she needs to go. You guys have banned people for much less grievances. TAKE ACTION!

- Anthony

:bowDown:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pblove » January 23rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

CinderDee wrote:Ariel will never ban her, Sharon. :x

Maryellen

she brings too many people to the forum. ariel wont cut off his nose to spite his face thats for sure.. he thrives on the board stats....

well doesn;t that bite! :?
pblove
Just Whelped

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 5:23 pm

Big_Ant wrote:Now all you have to do is go and get one of the Colby people to write a book, stick your name next to it as a co-author, and enjoy all of the credit!!!

- Anthony

I was just going to get a label maker, and just slap my name on a bunch of Stratton books.

Will that work?
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 5:28 pm

odnarb wrote:Worship me! Love me! Count my POSTS!

You'd be surprised... or maybe not.

New people often look to post counts as a marker of who to look to on the forum for advice/information. With the not-as-productive forums not adding to the post count, it is a little more accurate picture of who is really invested.

The non-counting forums ARE important, but are usually full of emoticon only posts and just fun stuff.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 5:32 pm

Very True Michelle, and that's on all forums.

I belong to a technology forum where I have over 5000 posts, ranked around 5th on the top posters list. Top guy has 20000 posts.

Anytime we get a new member and they have a question that they think is 'Very Important', they PM everyone on the top poster list asking for personal help.

A quick reply stating that my rates are $75/hr usually shuts them up pretty quickly.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk