Question...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby madremissy » March 3rd, 2010, 8:23 pm

I am very encourgaged that the vet seems so optimistic. I know that doesn't take away all of the fear. I am sorry Christine.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 3rd, 2010, 8:32 pm

I just don't understand why things like this happen to people like Christine. :cry:

Christine, if they need bone marrow donors I will find a place to have Inara's bone marrow tested. Please let me know what we can do for you. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » March 3rd, 2010, 8:34 pm

Christine, know we are standing beside you. You and Sepp will be in our thoughts and prayers as you begin this journey. I think with any disease, human or animal, the sooner it is diagnosed and treated the better the outcome. I am hopeful.

I shall put my orange Canine Cancer bracelet back on. It brought luck to Troub, and to Indy, and now it will for Sepp as well.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Ino » March 3rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

Christine, I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis but I am hopeful that Sepp will have a good outcome with treatment. You are both in my thoughts.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » March 3rd, 2010, 8:55 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I just don't understand why things like this happen to people like Christine. :cry:

Christine, if they need bone marrow donors I will find a place to have Inara's bone marrow tested. Please let me know what we can do for you. :hug3:

Same here on all counts.

I'd like to say a lot more, but I'm so mad that my post would just be full of curse words. :x
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » March 3rd, 2010, 8:58 pm

:hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3:

oh man...
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » March 3rd, 2010, 9:33 pm

You have got to be smurfing kidding me? How is it that bad things happen to the nicest people?

Just like Liz said, if you need dogs to get tested for a bone marrow match...well, I've got 11 of them right here...

Seriously, though, Christine...he will be okay...we will pray for him. My heart goes out to you...

You have everyone here at PBT behind you...and we all know the power of PBT!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby BullyLady » March 3rd, 2010, 9:45 pm

Christine..... I don't have words, other than that I am so sorry. You don't deserve this, Sepp deserves you though, you are the best anyone could hope to have.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby mnp13 » March 3rd, 2010, 9:53 pm

Un-freekin-real...

If it is as rare as your vet thinks, perhaps he would be a teaching case for the college. Cornell and other teaching hospitals sometimes do services at reduced or even free (that's how I almost got TinTi) if it's a rare enough case.

I'm so sorry...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ArtGypsy » March 3rd, 2010, 10:10 pm

I Can barely Breathe..............Oh Christine...................

Let Me Know what You Need............
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Hundilein » March 3rd, 2010, 10:15 pm

Christine, I don't know what to say. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. If you need a ride to the vet at NC State, let me know. I have a lot more free time for the next couple of months, and may be able to arrange a trip up there if needed.

:hug3: Hopefully I will be close enough to give you a hug in person soon.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby sfbullygirl » March 3rd, 2010, 10:16 pm

Christine my heart breaks for you, you are one of the good people in this world and have had too much to deal with in such a short time.

If help is needed for Sepps surgery or treatment we will do a fundraiser and I will donate collars to help out and I am sure other crafty people on here will donate as well. You are not alone in dealing with this and my heart goes out to you and Sepp.
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Val » March 3rd, 2010, 10:17 pm

I have no words :( you both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or hump it.
Pee on it and walk away.
Val
Just Whelped

Postby airwalk » March 3rd, 2010, 10:23 pm

There are no words..Christine I'm here for whatever you need.
airwalk
I live here

Postby chewbecca » March 3rd, 2010, 10:38 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:Christine my heart breaks for you, you are one of the good people in this world and have had too much to deal with in such a short time.

If help is needed for Sepps surgery or treatment we will do a fundraiser and I will donate collars to help out and I am sure other crafty people on here will donate as well. You are not alone in dealing with this and my heart goes out to you and Sepp.

I think everything in my body just dropped as low as it could. I do not even know what to say, Christine.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please please PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. I know I am not here often, and Lisa linked me to this thread and the news, but you are definitely in my prayers as you have been for a while.

I, too, will participate in a fundraiser to help with any surgery or medical treatment Sepp may need.
Just say the word, and I'll give whatever is needed.

I am so sorry.
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby Suzi » March 4th, 2010, 12:32 am

Crap......speachless......We're sayin our prayers......

Hugs from Suzi and Bella
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Pit♥bull » March 4th, 2010, 12:55 am

hugapitbull wrote:I shall put my orange Canine Cancer bracelet back on. It brought luck to Troub, and to Indy, and now it will for Sepp as well.
I just put my bracelet on also and will wear it as a badge for Sepp and you.
We will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts for Sepp and our Amazin fairy dog mother.
:goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 4th, 2010, 1:16 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I just don't understand why things like this happen to people like Christine. :cry:

I've got blood types on three of my guys...and we'll test marrow if needed too. You're not that far from us, we can get down there for my guys to donate if need be.

I'll donate anything I can to help out also...

And we're of course keeping you guys in our thoughts...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby CinderDee » March 4th, 2010, 1:32 am

If Sepp is accepted they will try to use his bone marrow. You are all so wonderful! I know Christine appreciates it. :groupHug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » March 4th, 2010, 1:37 am

Oh, you guys... :shock: :sad2:

Right now I am totally and completely overwhelmed... not just by the diagnosis, but also by this thread and all the support for Sepp.
I am so very appreciative and grateful to all of you, but at the same time I don't really know what to say other than WHAT ARE THE F***ING ODDS of this happening again? They have to be astronomical.

As for doing a fundraiser... I am very, very touched by that offer, but I can't accept it.
Sepp will be taken care of in every way possible and as long as it takes... I refuse to let him go without a fight. There are several options for treatment, and I will explain them when they are explained to me... my brain is on overdrive tonight and it's been a looooong day.

I'll post some of what transpired this morning tomorrow... right now I just need to hang out on the couch and get a grip. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer