I am so mad but thankful also.

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 9:26 pm

If this is in the wrong place please move it.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/i-team%3A-pit-prints-030110

Watch the video, it says it all.

This is the rescue that I had Gotty with. :mad2: When I asked her about the adoption fee that she placed on Gotty ($250) that is was to get the serious inquires about him. :? He was never in her posession and I was taking care of him so he didn't need any money donated.

I even sent her a donation for being so kind and helpful for listing Gotty.

I am thanking God right now that the way Gotty's adoption went was not through this woman. I would hate to know that she was using him to collect money for anything other than helping dogs.

Thank you Belinda, Wesely and Grant for coming into Gotty's life at the right time. I miss him desperately but I know that he is so happy right now. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » March 1st, 2010, 9:40 pm

There are greedy people everywhere. Thank heavens Missy, you didn't have to deal with her very much and Gotty has a wonderful home.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 9:50 pm

Thanks Diana, I sent you an email :)
madremissy

Postby amazincc » March 1st, 2010, 9:51 pm

Ugh... disgusting. :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » March 1st, 2010, 10:05 pm

How awful! I'm glad you didn't get caught up in her crap Missy.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 1st, 2010, 10:19 pm

That is so infuriating. People like that give respectable rescues a bad name. >(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 10:27 pm

Exactly Liz, I really thought after reading and talking to whoever I could about her that she was for real. I am thankful I didn't leave him on her site long. I feel sorry for the other dogs. I wonder if they are real or are their pictures just being used to gain money. :nono:
madremissy

Postby LMM » March 1st, 2010, 11:14 pm

You know, I KNEW I had heard things about Pit Prints, that it was a rescue to stay away from but I had nothing solid to speak on it about. It was just tickling the back of my brain.

I'm so glad he is safe with his adopters.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Ino » March 1st, 2010, 11:24 pm

That is so wrong! I am glad Gotty found a good home and did not get mixed in with her crap!! I would like to see people like her go to jail for a lengthy time- that is fraud using an animal and preying on sympathy from people. Sick! :cuss: There are some rescues around here that I think are similar. They post the same dogs that need rescue from NYC shelters day after day on craigslist saying they are being put down today (sometimes that ad runs for weeks)unless someone fosters or adopts them but when you offer to foster- they do not respond. I can understand the higher adoption fees that rescues often need to continue to rescue, but a lot of these people adopt them from NYC shelters for low cost and try to flip them like people do with houses to make money. They try to get rid of them fast so they don't have to pay the costs associated with medical treatment and housing them. I know some of the rescues are legit- but just from dealing with a few prior to getting Ino- a lot of them that post on craigslist really do not want foster homes to step up and a lot of them do not get the dog out of the shelter unless they have a home set up. Individuals can go pick them up at the shelter and pay 60 bucks or let the rescue spring them after an adopter commits and they charge near 300.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 11:27 pm

There is supposed to be another segment tomorrow. I will try to remember to catch it. Sad thing is.... there are hardly any pit bull rescues in Georgia. :(
madremissy

Postby LMM » March 1st, 2010, 11:31 pm

Missy, do you know of the Friends to the Forlorn Pit Bull Rescue? Jason Flatt runs it and he is located in GA and from what I can tell, he does GREAT work.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 11:37 pm

LMM wrote:Missy, do you know of the Friends to the Forlorn Pit Bull Rescue? Jason Flatt runs it and he is located in GA and from what I can tell, he does GREAT work.

No, I didn't see them but I will go look. I like to help when I can and if I can find something close to home that would be great.

I am finding links to him but not an exact website. Do you have the link?
madremissy

Postby LMM » March 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm

I think he mainly operates off Facebook, his page is open to the public.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 514&ref=ts

I will ask him if he has an official website right now.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby madremissy » March 1st, 2010, 11:50 pm

Jenn, I found it. :D The facebook page. Thank you. He is in Dallas, Georgia which isn't very far away from where Josh and Bristol are at. :D
madremissy

Postby LMM » March 1st, 2010, 11:55 pm

He said his website goes live in like a week, so here that is:

www.friendstotheforlorn.org

Right now he has the undertaking of finding homes by the end of this month for 38 pit bulls confiscated from a fighting ring. They are all under a year. More were confiscated but had to be put down due to medical/behavioral issues :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby CinderDee » March 2nd, 2010, 4:38 am

I can't see the video but is her name, Amanda? If it is, I know her. There was always talk around her.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » March 2nd, 2010, 6:32 am

We hear of so many people who start rescues to help animals, then turn into greed-monsters. So sad for the animals and people who trust them to help.

At times like this, I truly believe KARMA IS A BITCH, and they will get theirs later.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby furever_pit » March 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am

:puke:
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » March 2nd, 2010, 11:12 am

CinderDee wrote:I can't see the video but is her name, Amanda? If it is, I know her. There was always talk around her.

Yes, Dee, her name is Amanda. I will try to send you the link via email.

Jenn, Thanks for the heads up for the upcoming website. There have been two big fight busts here in Georgia in the last month. If these are the ones he is trying to place, God bless him.
madremissy

Postby LMM » March 2nd, 2010, 11:28 am

Yea I think it probably is him. This is the second one (most recent) he's been directly involved in.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk