Emergency Surgery for Blockage

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » February 25th, 2010, 1:25 am

Dear Fairy Dog Mother,

Thank you for the get-well-soon present!

I started by trying to open it myself...

My mom is sick and twisted, she made me pose with everything. Do you have any idea how disgusting i/d is? That's all I've eaten for days, and I had to lay there and behave, smelling all of that wonderful venison, emu and lamb... :nono:

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 25th, 2010, 1:29 am

Glad he's feeling better! But geez, his head looks so *narrow* in that first pic...I wasn't sure it was Connor! Did they take something out of his head too? ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » February 25th, 2010, 1:33 am

Dear Fairy Dog Mother...

I just pooped (I'll spare you the picture) would you please tell mom that I should have a meat stick to celebrate?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2010, 1:36 am

Awwww... he looks like he lost some weight. He was never chunky to begin with. :(

Faust HATED the i/d... he wouldn't touch it, and I ended up giving it away. :nono:

Let that boy have some soft treats, woman!!! >( :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » February 25th, 2010, 1:38 am

Poor guy...I/D is nasty...let him have something tasty! ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » February 25th, 2010, 1:40 am

I'll give him a piece of one tomorrow, I'm not going to do it tonight before bed! lol His gas is beyond wretched already!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2010, 1:43 am

mnp13 wrote:I'll give him a piece of one tomorrow, I'm not going to do it tonight before bed! lol His gas is beyond wretched already!

OMG... that is just cruel... :rolleyes2: :nono:

What's a little gas among friends???? Pretend it's Demo while he's growling... :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » February 25th, 2010, 4:45 am

amazincc wrote:
mnp13 wrote:I'll give him a piece of one tomorrow, I'm not going to do it tonight before bed! lol His gas is beyond wretched already!

OMG... that is just cruel... :rolleyes2: :nono:

What's a little gas among friends???? Pretend it's Demo while he's growling... :D

I just laughed so loud I scared myself. lmao Demo is never gonna live that down.

He looks really good!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » February 25th, 2010, 6:58 am

Awww...he is so cute!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 25th, 2010, 8:07 am

OMG I love that dog! And Christine, trust me when I say that he could stand to lose a few pounds last time I saw him. :tomato:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » February 25th, 2010, 9:38 am

Awww, what a lucky boy. Be patient Connor, Mommy is just trying to look out for your tummy.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby maberi » February 25th, 2010, 9:44 am

We put Kayden on some probiotics after his surgery. This really seemed to have helped with reducing the toxic gas
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TinaMartin » February 25th, 2010, 10:07 am

I say he deserves a yummy for being so cute!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » February 27th, 2010, 8:28 pm

We had a good day today, he's acting normal, and it's getting hard to keep him under wraps.

Staples come out Monday morning!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 27th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Yay!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Ino » February 27th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Glad to hear all is going well with his recovery. He really is a handsome fella!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » February 27th, 2010, 9:14 pm

:woowoo: :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » February 28th, 2010, 12:37 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:OMG I love that dog! And Christine, trust me when I say that he could stand to lose a few pounds last time I saw him. :tomato:

Oh, he's a real lardass right now. That tends to happen when most of his meals come from Michelle. She doesn't seem to have the whole caloric deficit/maintenance/surplus thing down. She insists on giving a surplus every day. I think it's a chick thing. My Mom used to do the same thing to me. Food=love, don't you know. ;) Plus the weather here has sucked a high hard one lately so he hasn't gotten out much.

As soon as he's better he's getting conditioned. I never thought I would see the day when I was leaner than my dog, but we passed each other going in opposite directions a while ago, with me leaning out and him getting fat. I'm in better shape than him at this point, which is just plain wrong.

He's already back to his normal self, with the addition of regular naps to recharge. I'm taking him in to get the staples out on Monday. I want to see if I can get the staples back so I can make them into a tennis bracelet for Michelle.

One thing to take away from this...Connor is NOT a "destroy stuffie and intentionally eat it" type of dog. He just tears them apart and leaves the guts on the floor. I'm not sure he intentionally ate the rope; he may have just gotten pieces of it on the back of his tongue and swallowed them reflexively while tearing it up. Needless to say, his days of tearing apart stuffed toys, ropes, or anything else are over.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » February 28th, 2010, 1:37 am

DemoDick wrote: I think it's a chick thing. My Mom used to do the same thing to me. Food=love, don't you know. ;)

Of COURSE it is. Works on dogs as well as men. :D :D :D

And I don't care what you say... Connor looks a lil' peaked in the first pic. :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » February 28th, 2010, 5:20 am

amazincc wrote:
DemoDick wrote: I think it's a chick thing. My Mom used to do the same thing to me. Food=love, don't you know. ;)

Of COURSE it is. Works on dogs as well as men. :D :D :D

And I don't care what you say... Connor looks a lil' peaked in the first pic. :|

Yeah, look closer...there are fat rolls on his sides in that same pic. He's tubby.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health