Big Rottie boy

Postby Jodi » February 24th, 2010, 10:05 am

Hi,

just thought I would throw this out there in case someone knows someone who knows someone...

my cousin has a lot of questionable "friends" who "own" dogs (read: keep them in crates 24/7 or neglect them completely) and he is always trying to look out for their best interests. My cousin's heart is in the right place but he doesn't always know how to help.

His friend wanted to get rid of his 150 lb Rottie who lives in his crate ALL day, so my cousin took him in and asked for my help. He can't have dogs in his apartment so I am trying to find a rescue/person to adopt him.

I will have some pics later...he's not neutered, very playful/sweet, has basic obedience and loves people. He's 150 pounds of love :)

If anyone has any interest, please let me know. He is in Rochester, NY right now.

Thanks!
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby Jodi » February 24th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Here are some pics-thanks for looking!

Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » February 24th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Holy cow he's gorgeous! :shock:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby DeeNtheChillas » February 24th, 2010, 11:51 pm

What a handsome dude!
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » February 25th, 2010, 6:57 am

Handsome! Obvious question...someone contacted Rotti rescues, I hope?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jodi » February 25th, 2010, 8:57 am

I know-he's soooo cute and just the biggest mush you would ever meet! I don't think he's ever been played with or walked :sad2:

All he wants to do is love you all over.

Joyce, I have a contact at a rottie rescue who I have been talking to and providing info to...but they are full. She is spreading the word in hopes of finding a foster home. Do you know of any rescues in or near Rochester?
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » February 25th, 2010, 9:07 am

I'm in Rochester, I have no room currently BUT a good friend of mine runs a rescue in the area. She does good work!

I'll call her to see if she has room or can squeeze him. I can get back to you later this morning.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jodi » February 25th, 2010, 10:20 am

LMM wrote:I'm in Rochester, I have no room currently BUT a good friend of mine runs a rescue in the area. She does good work!

I'll call her to see if she has room or can squeeze him. I can get back to you later this morning.

Oh! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » February 25th, 2010, 11:14 am

How is he with other dogs? I'm working on something right now...
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jodi » February 25th, 2010, 11:31 am

Great! Thank you!!!

I don't really know how he is with other dogs...I walked him yesterday and we passed another dog and he seemed eager to play (I think)-tail wagging (no hackles), pulling, definitely interested. The other dog growled at him and it didn't seem to phase him a bit-he was still all giddy :rolleyes2: When I called his name (Jordan) he stopped and came back to me...

He is a big baby with NO leash manners, but seems very easy to train and he listens well. I hope this helps-I'm sorry I don't have more info. He was basically left in his crate 24/7 and I don't think he has ever been walked or played with. When I let him out of his crate initially he just stood there...then he licked me, sat next to me and then layed on me. When he realized I was paying attention to him he was like, "really? me? really?" and he got all puppy on me and started to act silly. He is a really good boy, just lacking a good owner and some manners!
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » February 25th, 2010, 11:49 am

Awwww he sounds very sweet :)

Well the person I am talking to about him has joined here. She just needs to make an intro post to gain access!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby GoingToTheDogs » February 25th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Hello there!

I may be able to squeeze this big ol boy into our rescue...pending he does well with other doggies.
So maybe there is a way you can work with Jenn to have an assessment done first?

Poor boy...sounds like a real lover though...it amazes me how dogs can be treated that way and still have so much to give...
GoingToTheDogs
Just Whelped

Postby Jodi » February 25th, 2010, 12:36 pm

GoingToTheDogs wrote:Hello there!

I may be able to squeeze this big ol boy into our rescue...pending he does well with other doggies.
So maybe there is a way you can work with Jenn to have an assessment done first?

Poor boy...sounds like a real lover though...it amazes me how dogs can be treated that way and still have so much to give...

Hi!!!

Thank you so much! I will definitely meet up with Jenn to get an assessment done-Jenn let's work out a good time!

I know-I can't believe how much some dogs can endure and then come out smiling and ready to love again. Amazing, really.

Well, thanks again, and we will definitely be in touch!

Just FYI-he is UTD on shots (I have his records), not neutered, about 1 year old and I would say closer to 100 lbs, maybe a little less? I'm not great with weight...
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 25th, 2010, 5:45 pm

No, I don't know Rotti people in his area. Hopefully help from GoingToTheDogs will come through. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » February 25th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Would make a great playmate for Truman :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby GoingToTheDogs » March 21st, 2010, 8:40 pm

jodi,
Just wanted to give you a quick update. Jordan is in need of some better social skills with other dogs and so he is going to training right now through the adopter who is not going to give up on him, Eileen is great and is willing to work with him to get him to where he needs to be. Most of it is probably his unneutered status, and the fact he probably has not been around dogs much before, so I am sure it will get better within the next month once neutered and trained.
GoingToTheDogs
Just Whelped

Postby IzzysDad » March 22nd, 2010, 9:06 pm

What a handsome fellow!
IzzysDad
Just Whelped

Postby Jodi » March 25th, 2010, 7:56 am

Hi Melissa!

Thanks for the update-I'm sorry, I don't get on here as much as I would like so I am just seeing this! I'm glad she is going to work with him, he really is a sweet boy :)

GoingToTheDogs wrote:jodi,
Just wanted to give you a quick update. Jordan is in need of some better social skills with other dogs and so he is going to training right now through the adopter who is not going to give up on him, Eileen is great and is willing to work with him to get him to where he needs to be. Most of it is probably his unneutered status, and the fact he probably has not been around dogs much before, so I am sure it will get better within the next month once neutered and trained.
Jodi
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue