Need urgent foster home in MD for 9 mo. F pit bull

Postby TheRedQueen » January 28th, 2010, 4:00 pm

A friend of mine (not a pit bull person) found a approx. 9 mo old female pit bull on the side of the road this morning (B/W Parkway for those in the area). She stopped and picked her up...all wiggles, and friendly...even to my friend's big standard poodle service dog.

She'll be vet checked tonight, including scanning for a microchip...but for now, she's looking for someone to adopt/foster her..or for a rescue group to take her in. The dog was found in PG county...so she won't be going to the shelter/humane society for help...as there is a horrendous breed ban in PG county.

Dog seems fine, no cuts/scrapes/fleas, etc. Black with white feet, tail tip and chest...very wiggly and sweet.

My friend's got two big dogs...one of them is her Service Dog. She's also been in and out of the hospital lately...her health is poor...so she really can't keep her past the weekend.

If anyone can help, please shoot me an email at TheRedQueen4@red-rover.biz or PM me here on PBT.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » January 28th, 2010, 4:42 pm

um, Erin? You sound like an excellent temporary home for her :wink:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 28th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Malli wrote:um, Erin? You sound like an excellent temporary home for her :wink:

:neener:

I'm holding off on offering that up...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » January 28th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Has she tried PRFL or Ruff Life Rescue?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » February 12th, 2010, 11:36 am

Looks like I'm ending up with this little girl for now...as a foster. She's not working out with my friend's dogs...and she can't handle crate/rotate or anything.

So the little girl will be arriving today sometime...I'll get some pics up soon.

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » February 13th, 2010, 11:15 am

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » February 13th, 2010, 2:00 pm

oh shes CUTE! :) She looks like she doesn't have any typical pittie temperment downfalls, so far...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 14th, 2010, 10:23 am

Malli wrote:oh shes CUTE! :) She looks like she doesn't have any typical pittie temperment downfalls, so far...

Yup..."so far"...:) I know she's a pit...so I'm always supervising. :)

But so far, she's leaving the rabbits alone (she has to walk past one on her way to the crate)...except to jump a bit the first time he rushed at her as she walked by.

She's got a very nice temperament...very sweet and wants to be with people. She met John's daughter yesterday...(she's 7) and was in love...but a teeny bit rambunctious (trying to jump on her)...but settled and stopped when told "no".

She met more dogs yesterday at flyball practice...and was very appropriate with them. Friendly, and social...with very good skills. Met one BC that was too intense for her, she just gave out some calming signals and went into the nearest crate to get away from him. 8)

She's seen the cats on her way down to the basement and into her crate...and barely perks up her giant ears...but I haven't had her loose with them. So far she's not interested...even when ran in front of her. So far, she's really low-key with most everything...not a sports potential! lol

Oreo does pull a bit on leash...but she hasn't pulled me down on the icy walkway or driveway, so it's not horrible! She also got car sick yesterday on the way to flyball...just urped up her breakfast in my cup-holder...though otherwise she does LOVELY in the car.

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » February 14th, 2010, 2:10 pm

fingers crossed she keeps her redeeming qualities :D
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » February 14th, 2010, 6:40 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:She also got car sick yesterday on the way to flyball...just urped up her breakfast in my cup-holder

That was quite polite of her, not to make a mess. :giggle:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » February 14th, 2010, 7:22 pm

She is absolutely adorable!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » February 14th, 2010, 8:09 pm

She has ears like Ella of Ella's Leads! :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » February 14th, 2010, 9:42 pm

"Ella Ears", that is what I thought when I first saw her. She is adorable.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 14th, 2010, 11:07 pm

iluvk9 wrote:She has ears like Ella of Ella's Leads! :giggle:

lol...that's who she reminds me of! I couldn't figure it out! lol

TheRedQueen

Postby chewbecca » February 15th, 2010, 8:57 am

O mai goodness.
So teh cuteness!!!!!

She could be Ella except, younger, more white, and well...obviously more dog friendly/social than Ella.

OMAIGOD.
I WANT HER.

Those ears.
Steal mai heartz!!

Give her kisses and scritches for me. PRECIOUS!!!

Her left ear even folds over at the tip JUST LIKE Ella's left ear!
If Ella wasn't spayed (well over 3 years ago), I'd swear that dog was a pup of Ella's! :D
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 15th, 2010, 10:46 am

8)

She met the cats today...kinda by accident, because my cats are stupid. :crazy2: They came out to greet her as she was coming up the stairs to go outside...and she was like..."oh, hi small furry thing!" and walked past them to go outside.

She came back inside, and I tethered her on the couch for a while, and cats were up and down on the couch...and she barely paid attention to them...even when Booth hissed and jumped...she just jumped back a few inches and went the opposite direction. ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » February 15th, 2010, 2:29 pm

great update! :clap:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » February 15th, 2010, 7:54 pm

She sounds like a really lovely girl... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » February 15th, 2010, 8:10 pm

She's crate trained (if I hadn't mentioned that)...and is not barrier/crate aggressive. She's being crated next to a poodle...and even when eating, there is no issue (there is a solid barrier in between the crates). No food aggression towards me or other dogs that wander by while she's eating (Sawyer snuck downstairs and was wandering behind me tonight).

TheRedQueen

Postby CinderDee » February 16th, 2010, 1:45 am

She's really beautiful and sounds just about perfect!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Next

Return to Rescue