Happy Birthday to the Brown Puppy!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 15th, 2010, 6:40 pm

Score turned THREE years old today...my brown puppy is growing up!

He was found on the streets of Wilmington, NC as an eight week old puppy...outside of a Doggy Daycare. About an hour before, a drug addict that lived in the neighborhood had wandered in asking if they'd seen a puppy around...and they chased him off, since they suspected that he'd stolen money from them the week before. So when they found a little brown puppy outside on the sidewalk, they scooped him up and found someone to foster him. Since the foster was a friend of mine, I saw pics of the little non-descript brown puppy online. I was looking for puppies for our Assistance Dog program at the time...so the little brown puppy was tested, and passed with flying colors. Within the week, he was transported to MD...and handed off to me. We named him "Score" in honor of his new life and to remember his start in life.

Since he was a little "bully" looking, he only stayed in the program for a few months before he was washed from the program. I puppy raised him, as we were worried about his looks (the training program is based in PG county, which has a breed ban)...and we didn't want a raiser getting too attached just to give him up. I don't like puppies, so I figured I was immune...besides, I'm a herding dog person...and I like color. I don't like plain brown dogs.

Except this one. This little brown puppy was just so cool. I already had four dogs, and was in the process of getting divorced and moving to a new place. But when it came time to send him back to NC to find a new home...I just couldn't let him go. So he stayed. And he flourished...and he got a big fancy name: Herart's Makin' Trax. :)

He kept up with his Assistance Dog skills...and he started flyball training. He was adored by his new siblings...and adored them right back.

He's now a VERY fast flyball dog (best time: 3.8 seconds), a wonderful Service Demo Dog and an all around good boy. He's known around the region in flyball...he's quite a popular guy...everyone saw him grow up and can't believe how fast he is. He's testing into a therapy dog program in a few weeks, and I think he'll excell at that too. He also helps raise all of the new Assistance Dog puppies!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful pupple!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » February 15th, 2010, 7:27 pm

I :heartbeat: him!!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCORE!!!! :confetti: :bigGift: :bday2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » February 15th, 2010, 7:29 pm

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » February 15th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Happy Birthday Beautiful Brown Puppy!! Erin, thanks for the story I never knew his background. I am glad he stole your heart.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Val » February 15th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Happy Birthday Handsome guy! I :loveU: him!
I'll trade ya a blue puppy for a brown one :wink:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or hump it.
Pee on it and walk away.
Val
Just Whelped

Postby Hundilein » February 15th, 2010, 9:00 pm

I can't believe it's been three years already! I still remember Matt posting the pictures of him as a tiny puppy. He couldn't have found a better home. Happy Birthday Brown Puppy!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyChick » February 15th, 2010, 9:55 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:

I L-O-V-E this picture!!! Thank you for sharing his story. Happy Birthday awesome brown dog!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 16th, 2010, 1:38 am

What a great story! Happy Birthday Score!!! :heartbeat: :confetti:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » February 16th, 2010, 1:41 am

What a great story! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ruby sends her love to the birthday boy. :wink:

(Now send those pics in for the calendar! :D )
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » February 16th, 2010, 4:20 am

Happy birthday Score :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2010, 7:44 am

Happy Birthday Little Stinker!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby tiva » February 16th, 2010, 11:01 am

What a gorgeous dog! And a lucky dog too! I love the photo of nature boy standing on the log.
tiva
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Miss_Pits » February 16th, 2010, 11:29 am

:bday:

Happy birthday Score!!!
Amanda

Dogs are miracles with paws.
Miss_Pits
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 16th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Happy birthday you fantastic dog! Inara sends her love as well. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Ino » February 16th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Happy Birthday Score!! :bday: He is such a good looking brown boy!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 18th, 2010, 11:23 am

Thanks everyone for the warm b-day wishes! Score had a lovely time last night in class...sharing a carrot b-day cake with his friends, with cupcakes for the humans. His best buddy, Braden (the 9 year old that handles him in class) was there too. He had a great time!

TheRedQueen

Postby HappyPuppy » February 18th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Yay for little non-descript brown dogs!!! Looks like you scored, Score!!!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 18th, 2010, 10:07 pm

happy b-day cutie pie!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pit Bull Talk