Jumping For Kato with Team Blabador

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Pooh 12'8"
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » February 6th, 2010, 4:52 pm

:confetti: :bounce: :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » February 6th, 2010, 4:56 pm

YIPEE, YAHOO...WOOT
airwalk
I live here

Postby blabsforbullies » February 6th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Hey everyone!

Thanks Marinepits for the great updates. I, too, cried at the competitor donation. I hugged her (is that awkward that I just met her today), and told her that it means so much and that Kato and his extended family appreciate it. She cried too!

All in all, it was a great day of jumping. A little cold, but we are on a mission!!! Every jump, with every dog, got a nice mention of Kato and his doggie friends. I'm not sure if we got his name on camera, but the story is there.

It's bitter sweet, because my heart is broken. But, if we can make a small difference, it's worth it.

Hugs to everyone.
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby CinderDee » February 6th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Marinepits wrote:OMG, Dr Blabs was just standing in line, waiting their turn to jump, and a fellow competitor came up to her and shoved $20 in her pocket for Kato!

OMG, that's just incredible! Please thank him/her from the bottom of my heart.

Dr. Blabs, thanks to you my memories of the time of Kato's passing will be filled with pride & fellowship. Thank you. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 9:18 am

Team Blabador made the local paper!!!

http://www.wdnweb.com/articles/2010/02/ ... 812368.txt

Parker, a 9-year-old dog handled by Alisa Wayland of Connecticut, competes during a DockDogs event Saturday at Kugler Field in Washington. The DockDogs competition concludes today. (WDN Photo/Mike Voss)

Going to the dogs
By MIKE VOSS
Contributing Editor
Published: Sunday, February 7, 2010 2:17 AM EST

After two days of wet, cold and windy weather, organizers of the 15th-annual East Carolina Wildlife Festival and North Carolina Decoy Carving Championships are hoping today — the final day of this year’s festival — will be drier, warmer and calmer.

No matter than weather, the festival in Washington will go on today, ending at 4 p.m.

The addition of a DockDogs competition to the festival is proving an excellent move, according to Neil Woolard, chairman of the festival’s DockDogs competition. The competition started Friday, but some real excitement at the DockDogs site arrived Friday night and early Saturday morning, Woolard said.

That’s when high winds relocated a tent and damaged others at Kugler Field, site of the DockDogs competition. By the start of the DockDogs competition Saturday morning, the site was back in working order.

“It’s going well, considering the weather,” Woolard said about the DockDogs competition Saturday morning. “We are looking for some sun. We are looking for some warmer temperatures.”

“I am pleased with the turnout,” Woolard said.

A crew from UNC-TV, the state’s public-television entity, was expected to videotape (for later broadcast) the competition’s various categories Saturday, Woolard said.

“It’s our first time,” said Washington resident Kent Vaughan, who brought his dog, Tide, to the competition. “I think it’s a great idea.”

Vaughan said he wanted to see how Tide would fare against other dogs in the Big Air Wave category of the competition.

“I thought it would be fun to come down here just to be a part of it,” Vaughan said Saturday afternoon.

Although dog handlers and spectators were dressed warmly to ward off the cold, the canine competitors seemed oblivious to the cold, even after making their competitive jumps. There were plenty of towels being used help dry the jumping dogs.

The DockDogs competition resumes at 9 a.m. today, concluding this afternoon.

There was more to the festival than leaping Labradors on Saturday.

Shawn Bennett, chairman of the Southern Classic Duck, Goose and Swan Calling Championships, part of the festival, said Washington was been selected as one of just a few locations that are part of a new calling competition for youth callers, the Krugerfarms.com Cup.

Washington is among five locations hosting Krugerfarms.com Cup duck-calling events this year. The city is among three locations hosting Krugerfarms.com Cup goose-calling events this year. Later, other sites may be added to the duck- and goose-calling circuits, Bennett said.

“It says a lot about our festival and calling-competitions that we were among the first to be selected,” Bennett said.

Krugerfarms.com and CallingDucks.com are partners in the new calling competition for youth callers.

The winners of the youth duck-calling and goose-calling competitions at the festival will earn points in the Krugerfarms.com Cup, a point-race competition based on the outcome of designated youth calling-contests across the country. Youth competition callers who are 16 years of age and younger will be able to compete in the designated calling contests in order to earn points toward a total. The individuals with the highest total in the duck and goose divisions of the Krugerfarms.com Cup after the respective world championship for each will be crowned the winners.

The winners of the duck and goose point races will receive prize packages from Krugerfarms.com (worth an estimated $2,000 each), a plaque and have their names engraved on the Krugerfarms.com Cups that reside at the store in Minnesota.

“I believe being a part of this nationwide competition will make the Southern Classic even more prestigious,” Bennett said. “Because we are part of the circuit, youth callers from around the nation will be coming to Washington so they can earn points toward the national championships.”

The Southern Classic concludes today at the west end of Stewart Parkway with the junior-level competitions in the state duck-, state goose- and world swan-calling contests and the state championships for duck calling and goose calling. Saturday’s events included the Pamlico Regional Duck Calling Competition, Southern Classic Goose Calling Competition and the World Swan Calling Championship.

The carving competitions, conducted at the Redmen’s Lodge on East Third Street, also conclude today with the presentation of awards.

The 2010 International Wildfowl Carvers Association’s National Shorebird Style Championship is part of the carving competitions. Also, the East Carolina Young Guns Youth Competition was added as a division of the carving championships this year, according to material from the East Carolina Wildfowl Guild, organizer of the festival. The Young Guns contest is for carvers 17 years old or younger. Entries will be judged in three categories: ages 9 and under, ages 10-13 and ages 14-17. The contest is for working decoys only.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » February 7th, 2010, 9:31 am

Doc Blabs and her dogs are amazing! :bananaDance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 10:03 am

First wave happening now, second at 11am.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 10:48 am

Problem with registration so Colby didn't get to jump in the first wave. :x

Parker 11'
Paxton 8'5"

Dr Blabs says there's ice on the dock and the water temp is 38 degrees! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » February 7th, 2010, 10:56 am

Look at Parker fly!!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » February 7th, 2010, 11:43 am

Wow Parker has wings.....Go Doc!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Sorry, things have been crazy here today.....

Paxton, new personal best 9'4"
Colby 20'1"
Pooh Bear 12'

Colby made the finals and is the longest-jumping qualifier of the weekend. There was one other dog who jumped a bit farther, but that team left for the weekend, so Colby is The Man! Finals being held now.....
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 5:09 pm

To quote the amazing Dr Blabs:

Colby won the motherfucking event for Kato man!!! 21' even!!! Wooooo hooooo!!!! First event he EVER won. I told him, we gotta win this one for Kato. And the bastard did it!!! He knew.

LMAO!!! I was getting him pumped up and I seriously said, Colby, we gotta win for Kato. And he FLEW!!!

:smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch:

Congratulations to Team Blabador!!!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » February 7th, 2010, 5:10 pm

AWESOME!!!!! :D :D :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » February 7th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Yoohoo...Colby knew he was jumping for a noble heart!!!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Pit♥bull » February 7th, 2010, 5:32 pm

And the surprise is what...... We all knew he could do it :D

HOORAY COLBY
:confetti: :mrHappy: :confetti:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » February 7th, 2010, 5:47 pm

Way to go Colby. Awsome!!!!!!! Brings happy tears to my eyes.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby blabsforbullies » February 7th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Hahaha! I'm not usually one for a lot of profanity, but I was so excited and proud that we could honor such a great dog (well, really a great group of dogs, in a way). I got so many congrats from competitors that we competed with that wanted us to win just for Kato! One guy is also going to make a donation after I send him the link. Now, how cool is that?

Hugs to everyone for supporting us, and hugs to everyone who, as we are, are mourning the true hero Kato, and supporting Dee, the human hero.
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Marinepits » February 7th, 2010, 6:29 pm

blabsforbullies wrote:Hahaha! I'm not usually one for a lot of profanity

*cough*liar*cough* :neener:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby HappyChick » February 7th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Team Blabador, what a wonderful way to honor the life of a wonderful dog, Kato! Congratulations.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer