Hoosick NY Former ACO Pleads Guilty to Killing Stray Dogs

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Oh, I can think of *much* better punishments for this asshole. :mad2:

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2010 ... 399587.txt

Two weekends in jail for shooting dogs
Published: Saturday, February 6, 2010

By Jessica M. Pasko
The Record

HOOSICK — A former town animal control officer who shot and killed loose dogs will spend two weekends in jail and 10 days of home confinement with an electronic monitoring device.

Matthew Beck, 46, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of official misconduct, petty larceny and animal cruelty in Town Court Thursday.

Beck was charged with multiple counts last spring following reports that he was shooting the loose and stray dogs he collected rather than taking them to the local shelter. One resident reported seeing the animal control officer collect two loose dogs that never found their way back to their owner, April Stevens. Stevens had been posting fliers for her missing dogs, but they were never found.

State police searched Beck’s Eagle Bridge property in May and found the remains of several dogs in a pile of manure, including two skulls with bullet holes. Those remains were determined to belong to another resident’s pets, according to Rensselaer County District Attorney Richard McNally Jr.

McNally said he suspects Stevens’ dogs are likely buried somewhere on Beck’s property.

Beck pleaded guilty in connection with Stevens’ dogs’ disappearance. He also admitted to filing false documentation and violating state Environment Conservation law by running a disposal site without a permit for burying dogs in his barnyard.

Under the plea deal, he’ll also get three years of probation in addition to jail time and home confinement.

“The case was prosecuted aggressively by the district attorney,” said Beck’s attorney, David Gruenberg. “I think it’s a decent resolution.”

Beck will return to court March 25 for his official sentencing.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » February 6th, 2010, 2:12 pm

you think THATs bad? Its common practice here (well not at my location, but in this province and others) in Northern communities to shoot feral dogs. People don't spay or neuter their dogs, and they have loads of babies, and then they complain when the dogs run a nusiance or, as happened recently, attack children. Then everyone is up in arms about it, and as they so politely put it, the "culling" begins :mad2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to All the news that's fit to print