here we go..

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby jnreem » February 5th, 2010, 5:37 pm

So miss Bella got spayed about a week or so ago, she was pretty calm and tired for the first couple days after, but now she is back to her spastic self and driving me nuts! So it's snowing and she loves the snow, but any person she sees outside she barks like crazy at them, and there is going to be plenty of people outside while this blizzard comes our way, any ideas for help keeping her quiet? I know it's not impossible because Buddy is being an angel and just watching everyone but no pacing or barking. She will lay down for about 1-3 minutes then up again pacing. I am ready to put her in her crate.
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » February 5th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Can you give her a treat-filled kong? Or a marrow bone to keep her occupied?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby jnreem » February 5th, 2010, 5:53 pm

katiek0417 wrote:Can you give her a treat-filled kong? Or a marrow bone to keep her occupied?

Well right now she is quiet but no one is outside, she would know because she is glued to the window.. I thought about giving her and Buddy their Kongs or a raw hide or something but I gave them both a bone earlier and she just wants to play with hers until buddy finishes his and then she like waits for him to come take hers so she can play with him. It drives me nuts, the only tie she will sit and chew a bone or her kong without trying to get buddy involved is in her crate. Which if she starts up again, thats might what happen.

We might have to have a training session with her soon lol, Buddy is a million times better ( he is just laying on his dog bed, while she paces and barks) Don't even get me started with her atleast once a day peeing in the house. I don't know what her problem is, at first we thought she was marking her spot but now its getting ridiculous. And I think she is a little deaf, because we literally have to yell to even get her attention. Gosh the more and more I talk about her she is a little problem pup lol but we love her so we keep working with her.
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » February 5th, 2010, 6:51 pm

jnreem wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:Can you give her a treat-filled kong? Or a marrow bone to keep her occupied?

Well right now she is quiet but no one is outside, she would know because she is glued to the window.. I thought about giving her and Buddy their Kongs or a raw hide or something but I gave them both a bone earlier and she just wants to play with hers until buddy finishes his and then she like waits for him to come take hers so she can play with him. It drives me nuts, the only tie she will sit and chew a bone or her kong without trying to get buddy involved is in her crate. Which if she starts up again, thats might what happen.

We might have to have a training session with her soon lol, Buddy is a million times better ( he is just laying on his dog bed, while she paces and barks) Don't even get me started with her atleast once a day peeing in the house. I don't know what her problem is, at first we thought she was marking her spot but now its getting ridiculous. And I think she is a little deaf, because we literally have to yell to even get her attention. Gosh the more and more I talk about her she is a little problem pup lol but we love her so we keep working with her.

Have you tried to praise her/give her treats when she's quiet? So, if she's quiet, give her a treat for "good quiet?" Then, when she is barking, tell her "good speak" then get her distracted and immediately praise her for "good quiet" again? You may need to put her on leash to get her away from the window. This way you're letting her know that she's ALLOWED to look out the window, and even bark, but when you tell her "quiet" it's time to settle down...

I didn't realize she was still having accidents...Over the next few days, if you could write down the exact situation around when she has an accident (i.e., time of day, what was Buddy doing, when was the last time she was out, etc)...I'll be in next week (Thursday, I'm thinking) so we can talk about it then...

But, sure, we can definitely do a training session with her!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » February 5th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Those after-spay/neuter days are torture, aren't they? :shock: :wink:

When she does go outside... does she pee? Is she wearing a cone?
Mine seemed to think they were paralyzed from the neck down and wouldn't go potty outside for a few days... but the kitchen floor and the living room rug turned into a free-for-all. >(
Also... sudden tremendous spikes in energy and fooling around constantly... which resulted in a lot of crate time-outs for almost a week. :crazy2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby jnreem » February 5th, 2010, 9:02 pm

amazincc wrote:Those after-spay/neuter days are torture, aren't they? :shock: :wink:

When she does go outside... does she pee? Is she wearing a cone?
Mine seemed to think they were paralyzed from the neck down and wouldn't go potty outside for a few days... but the kitchen floor and the living room rug turned into a free-for-all. >(
Also... sudden tremendous spikes in energy and fooling around constantly... which resulted in a lot of crate time-outs for almost a week. :crazy2:

Yes they are! She does pee when she goes outside, but she drinks lots of water. She isn't wearing a cone. The tremendous spikes of energy sounds way too familiar. She was spayed not this past Monday, but the Monday before (the 25th).

Katrina- Well we will be stuck inside for awhile so I will make sure we are paying attention when or if she pees in the house. Which she has never pooped in the house except for the first night we had her and she was sick. But I will keep track of whats going on when she does it. And I will see you next week!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Training & Behavior