Kato

Postby amazincc » February 5th, 2010, 10:28 am

Last night, sadly, Dee had to make the last and kindest decision for Kate... she finally had to let him go. :sad2: :cry: :(
My heart is broken for her, and any words seem very inadequate at times like this, especially since Kato was such a fixture on this forum for so long.
Kate was a hero to many of us, as is Dee - their battle w/cancer was long and hard, and they both fought with grace, determination, and courage.

Dee was the very first person to reach out to me and Jessica when Mick was diagnosed with lymphoma... and as devestated as we were, she never failed to cheer us on and give us hope. She did some research for us, linked me with tons of advise and info - and Kate even generously shared some of his "magic mushroom potion" with Mickey.
Even through their own struggles they always had some kind and encouraging words for those of us who also ended up with cancer dogs... and they never complained.
In time Jess and I came to think of Kate as "one of our own", and I'm sure I'm not alone... these past few weeks have been incredibly hard on everyone who "knows" them becuase Dee and Kates love and devotion for each other have touched many, many hearts... :heartbeat:

But because of Dees optimism and unwavering hope, and because of Kates heroic fight and love for life - I will not remember him as a "cancer dog".
He will live on in my heart as the shining star he was, and his spirit will walk beside us, always.

This is what Dee posted on FB earlier... :(
"Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." Run Free Kato...

Kate did, indeed, have a noble heart and a gentle soul... and he will be missed by many.

Be at peace now, sweet boy... I love you.

Dee, you are in my thoughts and in my heart. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » February 5th, 2010, 10:42 am

Kato's HEROIC battle with the 'beast' inspired and helped us beyond belief with Troubles battle :)

Rest in peace dear Kato....You are in our thoughts Dee. :hug3:
rainbow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 5th, 2010, 10:58 am

Christine, that was beautifully said and those pictures seem to show Kate's personality.

RIP dear Kato. You fought hard. Don't worry about your mom - she'll always have an extended family here that cares for her and will watch out for her.

:cry:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » February 5th, 2010, 10:59 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Kato's passing. He fought a long hard battle and I can't imagine how difficult his passing was for Dee.

Dee, I hope you take heart in the fact that Kato lead a very special life with you.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » February 5th, 2010, 11:13 am

Christine you put into words what I simply can't right now. It's difficult to type through all the tears. I definitely have thought of Kato as one of my own and always will.

I love you lots sweet Kato. The skippy picture is by far my favorite and I will keep that image of you in my heart.

Dee we are here for you, my friend.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby CinderDee » February 5th, 2010, 11:13 am

That's so beautiful, Christine. Thank you. :hug3:

I want to thank everyone for their kind words & support throughout our battle with cancer. You all have such generous spirits & I'm so very grateful to have you in our lives. :groupHug:

This has hit me so much harder than I expected. Even though I knew it was inevitable & would be soon, I was still stunned. Every room I go into is filled with Kato. Just as the house feels empty, so does my heart.
I'm sure it will take me a while to come to terms with this so forgive me if I'm not myself. I love you all.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby madremissy » February 5th, 2010, 11:15 am

The pictures say it all. :cry: I love you Dee.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Suzi » February 5th, 2010, 11:21 am

:hug3: Dee....My heart is is my hands, I can't even imagine how your soul is feeling right now. No words seem to come right now.
Please know that you are in my thoughts.....Bells and I will do a special walk today, in memory of your handsome boy.
We will walk, no matter how far we have to go, until we find a special spot, and name it after him.

Godspeed Kato-Have a romp with my Rosie while you wait at the Bridge......
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby HappyChick » February 5th, 2010, 11:31 am

Christine, very well said.

Dee and Kato were a huge support and inspiration to me during Vinny's illness and passing. I feel Kato's loss as if I'd lost a friend.

Dee, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby sfbullygirl » February 5th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Dee you have my deepest condolences. Kato could not have had a better mom than you. Your fight to make him comfortable these past few months and so loved all his life is inspiring. I know you sacrificed alot in your life just to make sure Kato was cared for and you are one of the finest people I know.

Rest easy sweet Kato and big love and big hugs to you Dee.
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chewbecca » February 5th, 2010, 12:19 pm

oh, Dee, I am so sorry.
As has been said, we all know how special Kato was.
And you loved him so much and took such wonderful care of him.
You have my deepest sympathies.
You are an awesome person with a heart of gold.
I am so sorry, Dee.

RIP, Kato.
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » February 5th, 2010, 1:23 pm

:cry: I am so sorry Dee. My heart just breaks for you. :hug3: RIP Kato you are very dearly loved, and will be dearly missed.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby furever_pit » February 5th, 2010, 1:38 pm

:cry: I am so sorry for your loss Dee.
Kato was a special guy and he was lucky to be loved by such a great mommy.

*hugs*
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby BullyLady » February 5th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Sleep sweetly Kato, knowing you were loved.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Malli » February 5th, 2010, 2:11 pm

I am so very sorry Dee.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » February 5th, 2010, 4:29 pm

Dee, we are thinking of you and your precious Kato in Oklahoma today.
Although I have no idea the pain you feel, I know that you have lots of love heading your way from all around the country.
Kato is an inspiration to all. He had a great family, and will forever hold a place in the hearts of many.

:hug3:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 5th, 2010, 5:34 pm

There's just nothing to say. My heart breaks for you...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 5th, 2010, 6:11 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss! :sad2:

Please let me know if you need to vent cry or talk; I'm here!

Kato lives on in all our hearts!... we are all better to have known him even if only through the stories and pictures on the forum!

Run hard and free sweet boy at the Rainbow Bridge. The cancer can't hurt you any more.
Give my girls kisses from me! You will be missed...
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby plebayo » February 5th, 2010, 6:26 pm

He will forever remain the Skippy Spokesman in my mind. Whenever I go past the peanut butter at the grocery store I think of you guys.

:hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby hugapitbull » February 5th, 2010, 6:29 pm

Christine - a beautiful tribute to the one who also helped us on the cancer journey. Dee and Kato taught us to go on with strength and courage. To face each day as it presents itself and to live each moment to the fullest.

Kate will forever be the hero who lives in my heart, when I again face the cancer demon, I will look to him to help me.

We are here to help you be strong, Dee. You are never prepared for them to go when you love them so deeply.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends