Kato is beating cancer

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby CinderDee » January 31st, 2010, 12:13 am

Thanks Allie. :) How is Shades doing?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Suzi » January 31st, 2010, 1:05 pm

Dee and Kato.....Just checking in on you two....

Both of you are in our thoughts on a day to day basis...*hugs*

I wish your heart strength,,,and fortitude,,,and for Kato,,,,a comfortable day....

Piles of love and hugs from across the miles......

Suzi and Bugs
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » January 31st, 2010, 4:46 pm

Thanks Suzi & Bells! :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 1st, 2010, 7:59 am

How are you both doing this morning? :wave2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ArtGypsy » February 1st, 2010, 9:26 am

Suzi wrote:Dee and Kato.....Just checking in on you two....

Both of you are in our thoughts on a day to day basis...*hugs*

I wish your heart strength,,,and fortitude,,,and for Kato,,,,a comfortable day....

Piles of love and hugs from across the miles......

Suzi and Bugs

X 100 from all of us............
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby CinderDee » February 1st, 2010, 2:49 pm

Thanks Therese & Jody. :)

Yesterday was his worst day. He couldn't walk but a few steps and he was falling over. I was going to take him last night but I just couldn't do it. :sad2:

Today he can jump on and off the bed and he's walking pretty well. This is tough. :?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » February 1st, 2010, 3:44 pm

Hang in there Dee, you know everyone is behind you whatever the decision may be. :(

Give Kato a big hug from us He's still my HERO

:goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyChick » February 1st, 2010, 3:47 pm

Hang in there, Dee. Believe me, I know the pain you are feeling. For what it's worth, it sounds like Kato is not ready to go just yet. Just because we have the ability to euthanize our pets, it doesn't mean that we should or must.

Always sending much love to you both.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » February 1st, 2010, 4:03 pm

:heartbeat: :groupHug: :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby maberi » February 1st, 2010, 4:22 pm

HappyChick wrote:Hang in there, Dee. Believe me, I know the pain you are feeling. For what it's worth, it sounds like Kato is not ready to go just yet. Just because we have the ability to euthanize our pets, it doesn't mean that we should or must.

Always sending much love to you both.

Very well said

I hope Kato (and you) continue to have better days
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » February 1st, 2010, 4:24 pm

Dee my thoughts and prayers are with you and Kato. I am sending lots of healing vibes your way, my friend.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby CinderDee » February 1st, 2010, 4:42 pm

Thanks so much everyone. I really hope talking about that doesn't make you too uncomfortable. I just know I'll get honest, loving feedback here & I value that at a time like this.

I'll do the very best I can and hope that if and when I have to let him go it's the right time and on his terms.

Hugs to all of you from both of us. :groupHug:

Dee & Kato
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby call2arms » February 1st, 2010, 5:59 pm

I have to say, Kato made me come here on vacation (in the Rockies) too. I love him, and even though times may be rough, I know he's as happy as a dog in his situation/health state can be. Dee, we can talk about "it" as much as you want or need to... You know what's best for the K-man... Even though he may look a bit rough on the edges, I can tell he's like a king with his cow leg on the couch, and that's what counts.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby hugapitbull » February 1st, 2010, 6:33 pm

Dee, I believe in my heart when it is time, you will know. There will be no doubts, it will be as plain as it can be. Of course, I may believe this as a means of self preservation for when we get to that point. :|

Everyone here supports you 100%. We all love Kato, and will be heartbroken when his time does come, but at that point in time our concern will be for you, for we all know how very difficult it will be for you to let him go.

You are absolutely correct, this is the one place you can talk openly and know there are no judgments being made.

Love and hugs for you both. We think of you every day. And if there was any doubt, I, for one, am happy he's improved today. Kick butt, Kato, I expect nothing less :)
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby CinderDee » February 1st, 2010, 7:15 pm

Thanks Isa & Shanna. *hugs* I can't tell you how much your support means to me. Shanna, I hope you're right. If I was sure I was going to know I wouldn't worry half as much.

I was just in the bedroom looking for something and Kato was walking into the living room. I heard a yelp/scream and when I ran out he was lying in a huge puddle of urine. It just breaks my heart to see him like this. I got us both cleaned up, mopped the floor and we're as good as new and still fighting.

Lisa just called and she's coming over to see him now so it will be good to have her thoughts on how he looks.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 1st, 2010, 7:26 pm

Just wanted to send some love and hugs your way, Dee. My heart is breaking for you and Kato. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BullyLady » February 1st, 2010, 8:15 pm

Just :hug3:

You'll know when it is time, Kato will let you know. Sophie told me when she was ready, it didn't make it any easier, but at lest I knew I was doing the right thing.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby amazincc » February 1st, 2010, 8:19 pm

Well, Dee... you know I'm on the outside "looking in". :sad2: I'm also one of Kates BIGGEST fans, and I have always rooted for both of you, with all my heart. I've tried to share your ups and downs as much as is possible over the internet, and you both were my inspiration and comfort when Mick got sick.
I love Kate as if he were my own... you know that, I hope.

Just typing this out is making me cry, and my heart is breaking for both of you...
It's not easy for me to post this, and it won't be a "popular post", by any means - it might even lose me a few friends, but... I'm going to say it anyway:
Try to look at Kate as if he were someone elses dog for a minute, objectively. What would you see or think, in terms of his quality of life? What would you say to them if they asked you for advise on what to do?

Kate fought long and hard to beat his cancer, and he truly IS a hero in all of our eyes, as are you for standing by him... for loving him unconditionally... and for doing whatever you could to make sure he had the best and most caring home possible.
If your devotion and compassion could "fix" him he'd outlive all of us, I have no doubt in my mind.

However... while Kates spirit and heart is bigger than life - his body is giving out. I truly believe he is at the point where he is only hanging on for you, and I also know how very hard that is on both of you.
And while everyone here is cheering him on to get better - we all know that he won't, and that there is very little hope for even the slightest bit of recovery.

As you friend I am telling you that I believe that Kate is ready for the next leg of his journey.
I'm not sure that you "see" that as clearly when you look at him. I do know that your heart tells you differently, and I so understand that... please, believe me - I really do.

I've thought long and hard about saying anything at all, and I wish I could be there in person and speak to you face-to-face because my post may come across impersonal, callous, or mean-spirited even... but it's not meant like that, in any way, shape, or form.
I love you both.

I hope you can find the courage and the strength to say "good-bye" to our wonderful friend Kato, your heart dog... I know you love him more than life itself and "doing the right thing" will be the hardest - but also kindest - decision you will ever make.
I have faith in you and your love for Kate, and I know that his welfare comes before anything else for you... and I think it's time to re-evaluate what's happening with him.

I'm so sorry, Dee... and so sad for you.
Please forgive me.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » February 1st, 2010, 8:38 pm

:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 1st, 2010, 8:40 pm

You know how much we love you & Kate over here & we are with you always. I cant advise you on this because I dont know what I would do. But when the time is here just know that you are not alone
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer