Tattoo and Nose Piercing

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby plebayo » January 30th, 2010, 2:52 pm

My nose.

This is the best picture I have so far... it's really still angry and sore - this thing hurt like a mofo. The piercing wasn't bad at all, it hurt but only for a moment.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » January 30th, 2010, 3:01 pm

They look great! I LOVE your tattoo! Its what I've been talking about (as I've never really commited to get it :rolleyes2: ) for Oscar - he has pigment spots on his feet so I'd include those as well in mine.

I'm scared to get a tattoo - is it unbearable or what? How long did that one take?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » January 30th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Malli wrote:They look great! I LOVE your tattoo! Its what I've been talking about (as I've never really commited to get it :rolleyes2: ) for Oscar - he has pigment spots on his feet so I'd include those as well in mine.

I'm scared to get a tattoo - is it unbearable or what? How long did that one take?

Awwww it would be so cute if you got the spots on it! Like totally unique!

Well, if you were to get a tattoo where would you get it?

I have one on the back of my neck that is just lines and it felt like someone was scraping a sunburn - tolerable and not that bad. This one really hurt because he had to shade it, it almost felt like someone was cutting me, then he'd go over it more. It took him like... 45 minutes maybe? Maybe an hour... I'm not really sure. Basically, would I do it over again? Yes. Does it hurt? Yes. Is my arm sore today? Yes. Haha.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » January 30th, 2010, 3:10 pm

I approve of both, so you are all set. :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » January 30th, 2010, 3:14 pm

so is it crying pain or like fist and jaw clenching pain? :wink:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » January 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm

by Malli on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm

so is it crying pain or like fist and jaw clenching pain?

I think it's different for everybody and some of it depends on your pain tolerance. I have a Pit Bull on my lower arm and it took about an hour to do and has lots of shading. I found that by far pretty simple and not really all that painful. I can't wait to someday have the money together and an appt. with a talented artist to put a Doberman portrait on the other arm.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » January 30th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Malli wrote:so is it crying pain or like fist and jaw clenching pain? :wink:

For me just a jaw clenching pain, like, man this is really uncomfortable and hurts!

I've never understood people who claim they feel no pain at all getting tattoos or piercings. Even my ears hurt to be pierced, did I cry? No. But it wasn't like my ear lobes were totally numb and I felt NOTHING. Some chick at the shop last night said the tat she got on her stomach tickled a ton. I can see that - but she still FELT it.

I think if you do go through with getting a tattoo someday you'll have worked yourself up a lot more than need be. I had this horrible image of what it would feel like when I got my first one and the pain I made up in my head was more painful than the reality.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitsnok » January 30th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Jaw clenching definitely.

The pain really depends on who you are, where you get it, and how your artist works. I have two fairly large birds on my side and it was honestly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life...(it was my first tattoo also), but a friend of mine just got a huge one on her side, and she said it didn't hurt much at all.
I also have my wrists and the beginning of a half sleeve, and neither of those really hurt.

The good thing is that we forget pain. Eventually it just turns into a beautiful piece of work that you will have with you forever. It's totally worth it!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » January 30th, 2010, 4:02 pm

pitsnok wrote:

The good thing is that we forget pain. Eventually it just turns into a beautiful piece of work that you will have with you forever. It's totally worth it!

Yep, that is so true!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby CinderDee » January 30th, 2010, 4:04 pm

I really like that tattoo! If I weren't ancient I would think about getting one like that.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby plebayo » January 30th, 2010, 4:06 pm

CinderDee wrote:I really like that tattoo! If I weren't ancient I would think about getting one like that.

Thanks!

Idk, getting them when you're ancient is better because at least it'll look good for a long time. When I become ancient they might not look so awesome haha. My sister waited until her late 30's to get her first tattoo... :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby CinderDee » January 30th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Good point but I'm definitely not 30. lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 30th, 2010, 5:41 pm

CinderDee wrote:Good point but I'm definitely not 30. lol

Dee, these young whipper snappers think over 30 is ancient. 8)
btw, maybe you and I can just get a really good permanent marker and have someone draw a tattoo on? :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby CinderDee » January 30th, 2010, 7:10 pm

I like that idea! Don't be surprised if I do it. :P
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ArtGypsy » January 30th, 2010, 8:24 pm

CinderDee wrote:I really like that tattoo! If I weren't ancient I would think about getting one like that.

GASP.
Remember..........I GOT ONE, and I'm ANCIENT.
now days we can't use that as an excuse!!
Get It!! :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » January 31st, 2010, 6:56 am

plebayo wrote:
pitsnok wrote:The good thing is that we forget pain. Eventually it just turns into a beautiful piece of work that you will have with you forever. It's totally worth it!

Yep, that is so true!

yeah but what if I chicken out half way through or something comepletely sissy-ish :| :doh:
I wonder how often that happens! I want the work but the process!!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » January 31st, 2010, 11:41 am

Malli wrote:

yeah but what if I chicken out half way through or something comepletely sissy-ish :| :doh:

I'll post both my tattoos on another thread...but I have one on my lower back, and one on my foot.

The one on my lower back is Rocky's memorial...it's a paw print with his name in it, his birthdate above it, his date of death below it, then below his death date is his UKC registration number. At first, the entire tattoo was supposed to be about the size of a silver dollar...it ended up being about 5-6 inches high! The paw print didn't hurt...the only thing that hurt was the numbers below the paw print (the ones above didn't hurt at all)...that was my first tattoo

The second tattoo is Kaiden's registration number and it's on the side of my foot...that one I didn't feel at all...

I will say that the DAY AFTER was the worst. For the one on my back, well, my whole back was sore...I couldn't wear anything that hit it or rubbed it, and it just felt like I had a hard work out (like my muscles were sore)...the one on my foot hurt the following day, as well...but more when something rubbed against it - my foot itself wasn't sore...just where I got the tattoo...

I, too, was afraid that I'd chicken out in the middle. But, my friend, Amy, was with me...she held my hand the whole time lol...and reminded me to breathe during it (you want to clench your jaw and not breathe, but you have to)...one thing that helped was to suck on a lollipop...one b/c of the sugar, two because it almost forces you to keep breathing.

This is the one on my back:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... 1-1032.jpg

The one on my foot:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... 1-1035.jpg
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby HappyChick » January 31st, 2010, 3:02 pm

Suzanne, the tat looks great!

To the "ancient" ones - I got my first tat at 41 years old and I'll get my next tattoo this coming Friday. The pain is not that bad, it's a piece of cake compared to natural childbirth...
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » January 31st, 2010, 8:05 pm

Malli wrote:yeah but what if I chicken out half way through or something comepletely sissy-ish :| :doh:

You really won't. When I went in for my first one the chick did a "trial line" and I quickly realized it wasn't that bad. I was afraid I was going to jump 10 feet in the air and end up with a big black line down my back!

katiek0417 wrote:
Malli wrote:

I'll post both my tattoos on another thread...but I have one on my lower back, and one on my foot.

The one on my lower back is Rocky's memorial...it's a paw print with his name in it, his birthdate above it, his date of death below it, then below his death date is his UKC registration number. At first, the entire tattoo was supposed to be about the size of a silver dollar...it ended up being about 5-6 inches high! The paw print didn't hurt...the only thing that hurt was the numbers below the paw print (the ones above didn't hurt at all)...that was my first tattoo

The second tattoo is Kaiden's registration number and it's on the side of my foot...that one I didn't feel at all...

I will say that the DAY AFTER was the worst. For the one on my back, well, my whole back was sore...I couldn't wear anything that hit it or rubbed it, and it just felt like I had a hard work out (like my muscles were sore)...the one on my foot hurt the following day, as well...but more when something rubbed against it - my foot itself wasn't sore...just where I got the tattoo...

I, too, was afraid that I'd chicken out in the middle. But, my friend, Amy, was with me...she held my hand the whole time lol...and reminded me to breathe during it (you want to clench your jaw and not breathe, but you have to)...one thing that helped was to suck on a lollipop...one b/c of the sugar, two because it almost forces you to keep breathing.

This is the one on my back:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... 1-1032.jpg

The one on my foot:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/ ... 1-1035.jpg

Your tattoos came out really nice :) The paw print one is very awesome!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ArtGypsy » January 31st, 2010, 8:08 pm

You guys SAW a picture of my tattoo.....If I can do it, YOU can do it!! :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Next

Return to All the Rest