Small dogfighting bust in my area!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby juniper8204 » January 30th, 2010, 10:08 am

I'm glad that the bust was made and all, but it makes me extremely concerned that this kid said he wants to be the next Michael Vick. :cuss:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/01/30/972334

Fayetteville teen accused of dog fighting

A Fayetteville teenager is accused of illegal dog fighting.

Anthony L. Simpson, 18, of the 700 block of Silk Lane, told family members he wanted to be the "next Michael Vick," according to a news release from the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.

Simpson has been in jail since the beginning of the year on unrelated charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon and attempted first-degree murder.

According to the Sheriff's Office, Simpson is accused of orchestrating dog fighting in the back yard of his grandmother's home on the 1300 block of Jim Johnson Road. Investigators say he used pit bulls for the purpose of fighting against other dogs in exhibition or for profit.

Cumberland County Animal Services agents seized four dogs from the home. A veterinarian said the wounds present were consistent with dog fighting, the Sheriff's Office said. Two of the dogs were euthanized because of the severity of their injuries, authorities said. Two others are receiving care; one of them no longer has ears because of her injuries, according to the release.

Simpson is charged with four counts of dog fighting and baiting. The bail on those charges was set at $16,000. His total bail, with the previous charges, is now $246,000.

I doubt these dogs will be put up for adoption; at AC here, if any pit bull comes in (stray or seized) that has suspicious scars, they are immediately deemed unadoptable, and it's usually a death sentence for them. :( This kid needs some serious help in the shape of a swift kick. A round in his own fighting pit might suffice as well. :mad2:
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » January 30th, 2010, 12:30 pm

That's so frutstrating... One thing I took away frrm the recent 'dog fighting exposed' expose was that AC (I think it was AC) said they saw a BIG increase in (street) dog fighting activity after the Vick bust and that people said they wanted to 'be like him' .... that is very disturbing and that 'image'/emulation alone obviously still needs to be addressed on the streets/in communities!!!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » January 30th, 2010, 12:38 pm

This kid sounds like a gem...dog fighting, armed robbery, and attempted first-degree murder!
My vote, put him down.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 30th, 2010, 12:44 pm

But obviously being like Michael Vick is better than ever now...fight dogs, go to jail for a short time, get out and get your high-paying job back...and win awards. What could be better? :bs:

We've had a couple of busts on the news lately around here... :(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Brownies Mom » January 30th, 2010, 7:44 pm

See, that just scares the hell out of me. We live about 15-20 minutes away from a town where authorities suspect a lot of dog fighting is going on. I worry someone might try to break in and take A-Jay because he's a pit bull. Not that where we live is so bad, but we did get broken into once, several years ago. That kind of stays with you, you know? :lookaround:

I thought about disguising him as a chihuahua, but he was having none of it. :mrgreen:
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 30th, 2010, 9:43 pm

How about disguising him as a poodle?

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/08/23/poo ... rman-dogs/
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Brownies Mom » January 31st, 2010, 1:20 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:How about disguising him as a poodle?

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/08/23/poo ... rman-dogs/

LMAO

"No mom. It'll make me itchee. I just know it. Pease don't." :sad2:
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby demolitionic » February 8th, 2010, 10:48 pm

I maintain that if we had just hung and electrocuted MIchael Vick, his position wouldn't be nearly as desirable.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 8th, 2010, 10:49 pm

demolitionic wrote:I maintain that if we had just hung and electrocuted MIchael Vick, his position wouldn't be nearly as desirable.

Publically, of course. Preferably televised live.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby demolitionic » February 8th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Marinepits wrote:
demolitionic wrote:I maintain that if we had just hung and electrocuted MIchael Vick, his position wouldn't be nearly as desirable.

Can we bet money on whether or not he pees himself?

I got a twenty that says Nancy boy can't hold his bladder when he's on the other end of the beat down.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby amazincc » February 8th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Marinepits wrote:

Free coupons for all from Oprah... for :popcorn2:

:D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » February 8th, 2010, 10:53 pm

He's a wetter, for sure. All the better to electrocute him. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby furever_pit » February 8th, 2010, 11:13 pm

I say charge to let people push the button and all the proceeds goes to bully rescues and fighting BSL. What what.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk