You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby bustersmama » January 23rd, 2006, 3:44 pm

I sure do have a lot to say on that thread on ***. But I said I was leaving and I am...

Felonys Mama wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and correct your post. Its about MY DOGS and I.
I DO donate money to rescues, however, I will stop.
I don't want to be part of a "community" that keeps dogs kenneled for thier whole lives just because they don't want to put them to sleep or one that ships them from foster home to foster home. I'm not agianst the dogs, I just don't like a lot of people. I'm not replying to this thread anymore because I don't think its important.
Look at you people.
You go all," Oh My Gosh!!! Diane bought a puppy!! Shame on her!! She's going to hell!!!" Screw that.

How can you NOT want to repsond to this post. This member joined like 3 days ago.

I have so much I want to say!!!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 3:44 pm

Emi wrote:So true

But , I wasn't talking about the fighting dogs , I mean the well fit ones ..

I know what I was thinking but had nothing to do with the ones who fight their dogs...

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but when most people refer to 'game' kennels they mean kennels that have CH dogs. Kennels that have game lines, or dogs that are of that type don't generally glorify that part of their lines. Diane obviously had no problem handing $700 to a kennel that seems quite proud to display CH all over their dogs pedigrees.

Supporting dog fighters - she must be SO proud. Oh wait, is is VERY proud.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 3:46 pm

Sarah, I think you should respond. In fact, please do because I can't. :)

After this thread is over, leave and don't go back if you want - but you better stay here! :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 3:48 pm

Interesting Interesting.

I was seeing some 'Ban Diane' signs all over the place from people I thought loved her, and couldn't figure out what happened. I came across the thread, and wow.

First off, she has always been, and will continue to be, a POS to me.

I can't stand her.

She claims not to be in it for the glory, and all about performance and stuff. Let's see.

First off, Dirk wasn't crap until Les Flores took complete control of his training. She doesn't do any training unless you call walking her lazy ass out and hooking up the Jenny.

Yeah, she might have some good thoughts, but she is in no way, or ever been, a Breed Expert or Ambassador.

She claims to be looking for a performance dog. But who's gonna do the training, who's gonna handle all of the legwork involved? Definitely not her. But we all know who's gonna take the credit "IF" the dog gets anywhere in performance.

I'd never heard of her recommending cattle prods, but I too like Michelle have been cornered by her for using (Properly I might add) an RTC.

She has never received a dime of my money, and she never will.

I'm glad some of the people are finally starting to see why many of us had the opinions that we had, but just couldn't express them because *** praised her like Jesus Mama!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby bustersmama » January 23rd, 2006, 3:51 pm

Its probably better that I dont repsond at this point.

Almost without exception the folks I have met in rescue have been freaks. Most with filthy houses, neglected kids, warehoused dogs... but guess what, I work with them and don't get all judgemental. They are doing what THEY feel is right, and I expect them to understand that about me.

I cant see straight, let alone type (or respond)after reading this. I quit smoking like 2 1/2 years ago, but MAN could I use a smoke right now.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 3:54 pm

I think Diane finally lost her last screw with that statement :D
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 3:55 pm

Big_Ant wrote:Interesting Interesting.

I was seeing some 'Ban Diane' signs all over the place from people I thought loved her, and couldn't figure out what happened. I came across the thread, and wow.

First off, she has always been, and will continue to be, a POS to me.

I can't stand her.

She claims not to be in it for the glory, and all about performance and stuff. Let's see.

First off, Dirk wasn't poopy until Les Flores took complete control of his training. She doesn't do any training unless you call walking her lazy fanny out and hooking up the Jenny.

Yeah, she might have some good thoughts, but she is in no way, or ever been, a Breed Expert or Ambassador.

She claims to be looking for a performance dog. But who's gonna do the training, who's gonna handle all of the legwork involved? Definitely not her. But we all know who's gonna take the credit "IF" the dog gets anywhere in performance.

I'd never heard of her recommending cattle prods, but I too like Michelle have been cornered by her for using (Properly I might add) an RTC.

She has never received a dime of my money, and she never will.

I'm glad some of the people are finally starting to see why many of us had the opinions that we had, but just couldn't express them because *** praised her like Jesus Mama!

- Anthony

I :heartbeat: you Big Ant!! But don't tell Mrs. Big Ant, she will beat the crap out of me.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » January 23rd, 2006, 4:00 pm

MY ERROR

She uses a 'stun baton' not a 'cattle prod' (what the heck is the difference?)

Do I PREFER a stun BATON to a "breaking stick" for people (and shelters) who have multiple dogs in situations where dogs can get into fights? Yes. Do I own one that I use to break up fights here when there is only one person around? Yes. Do I even own a breaking stick anymore since I have learned better? No.

A "tazer" is a FAR different thing from a stun baton. And a stun baton is a far better device for breaking up fights than a stun gun. Especially if you are breaking up fights between bulldogs and large, human aggressive curs, like I have at my house on occassion. I bought my stun baton for the purpose of breaking up accidental fights between my pits and my mastiffs (may I add that my cane corso bit the 150,000 volt stun baton and twisted in - while it was on - into a non-working heap? While he was going after me?)
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 4:03 pm

Stun batons, give off even more voltage , they are like what people use for protection against other people ... :shock:

http://www.safetyenforcement.com/stunbatons.html

Stun Batons

Stun batons deliver an awesome 300,000 and 500,000 volts respectively. A stun baton gives you the advantage of an added 16, or 20 inches, between you and an assailant!

Because of its power and extended reach, these stun batons are a favorite among security guards. Simply touch an assailant with the baton and pull the trigger: three to five seconds will leave the assailant dazed and temporarily paralyzed.

The last 6 inches are also electrified to prevent the assailant from grabbing the baton and taking it away! Stun batons are extremely potent, giving you the advantage!

Stun Flashlights also give you added distance between you and an assailant while affording normal use as a flashlight and an alarm! Non Lethal!

Before you order a stun baton, please make sure they are legal where you live!
Free UPS Ground Shipping On Orders Over $75!
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 23rd, 2006, 4:06 pm

It makes a LOT of sense for someone who touts PP training as much as she does to stun her dogs with ANY thing whether it be baton, gun or a fork in a socket. Just more of her bullshit.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 4:09 pm

oops MY BAD..i meant stun baton not cattle prod.. sorry everyone.. i meant to say stun baton.....

i dont get it. she doesnt have the funds for the $500 jenny, yet she has $700 to shell out on a dog????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby odnarb » January 23rd, 2006, 4:13 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'll applaud when he does to Diane what he has done to
a number of other people who have bought dogs after they 'should have
known better'... he bans them. I hope he follows through with what he
is implying.

I doubt it, as he himself seemed to have been becoming a groupie of
one of the "responsible" breeders that puts on quite a front. I
haven't seen any glowing praise of late, but I try to avoid the
"events" board.

Anyway, I'll post what I know about Guppy. I was with Diane when she
went to look at Guppy, and ultimately ended up taking her home. Also
there were Guppy's monther, uncle, and grandfather. Guppy seemed to
have potential herself as a wee little thing. But, the adults were
unremarkable at best. Had I not seen the adult relatives, I would have
been more impressed with Guppy. I was actually surprised that she took
her.

Guppy shortly after she got her

I later met other relatives of Guppy who were less than stable. I'd
not seen her since she was a wee pup, but it doesn't surprise me a
bit, considering what I'd seen. Neither of us met the tweaky ones
until after she had already taken Guppy. The relatives we met were big
dopey dogs. Scatterbred local stuff, mostly weightpull. Not
particularly drivey and energetic. Just big and dopey.

Guppy looked like she could have been better than the sum of her parts
at that age. But, it didn't happen.

I don't remotely agree with Diane on everything, even most things.
I'll admit, I do see the attraction in what she did, but the way she
announced it was WAY out of line. If I ever did such a thing, I
wouldn't post pics until the dog was two and health tested.

But on the other hand, I'm kinda hypocritical myself, I guess. I've
been waiting a while for somebody to get their hands on these dogs and
do the right thing with them. A 40-something pound sturcturally &
mentally sound black & tan from titled and tested parents would be to
die for!
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 4:15 pm

The $700 came from all of those donations everyone made for that new website and 'campaign'

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 4:18 pm

Big Ant wrote:The $700 came from all of those donations everyone made for that new website and 'campaign'

- Anthony

:shock:

People are not gonna be happy
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 4:20 pm

And either it be a cattle prod , or a stun baton , ah those things should not be used on a dog :shock:

Good lord, i've hearded cattle before , and my family never ever used a cattle prod , if not used right they can leave marks etc....

I worked in a beef packing compay for 13.5 years and seen cattle prod's being used there ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Big_Ant » January 23rd, 2006, 4:22 pm

Emi,
Let me clarify, that statement about the money coming from the donations was not fact, it was more of a 'I can see it coming from', or 'Probably happened this way' type of statement.

Sorry, I should have clarified, although I wouldn't put it past her to have used it for that.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 4:22 pm

so basically what you are saying aimee is that diane took guppy, did no training with her whatsoever per her own words, and when the dog hit almost a year euth'd her for possible temperment issues? or is it a possibility she euth'd guppy because guppy was a goofy dog with no training and who had no drive for SCH or Ring sport?? i have seen litters with crappy temperments and have had a few dogs from that litter come out fine temperment wise.. yes its just a gamble.. but still.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 4:22 pm

hehe ok lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jaime » January 23rd, 2006, 4:23 pm

odnarb wrote:Anyway, I'll post what I know about Guppy. I was with Diane when she
went to look at Guppy, and ultimately ended up taking her home. Also
there were Guppy's monther, uncle, and grandfather. Guppy seemed to
have potential herself as a wee little thing. But, the adults were
unremarkable at best. Had I not seen the adult relatives, I would have
been more impressed with Guppy. I was actually surprised that she took
her.

why are you suprised? she has announced that she NEVER buys from reputable breeders- so who knows what you'll get. she supports byb contrary to what she preaches

odnarb wrote:I'm kinda hypocritical myself, I guess. I've
been waiting a while for somebody to get their hands on these dogs and
do the right thing with them. A 40-something pound sturcturally &
mentally sound black & tan from titled and tested parents would be to
die for!

not impressed, sorry just my opinion

you are no better than she is.
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 23rd, 2006, 4:30 pm

Her working dog excuse is crap. She hasn't met Demo's Connor yet. Found in a dumpster at an emaciated 35lbs.

3 million pit bulls pts every year. She claims that she couldn't find any that were worthy to work with her. :bs:

Hero worship is always a mistake. People are people. The fact is she has written books, created a web site and has made TV appearences preaching to the masses to save this breed and then does this is more then disappointing. It's a betrayal.

I hope she steps down from her "throne" and disappears into the NW woods and leaves us and this breed alone. We don't need her anymore. Might as well have Boudreux or DMX be our next advocate. :rolleyes2:

Next thing she'll do is post pics of her modeling "dead game" t-shirts. :uvula:
Romanwild
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk