The always amazing Cesar Milan...video

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2010, 12:33 pm

I cringed throughout this entire video... :sad2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvr8tQhJY4
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 25th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Poor dog. He had no idea what was happening. I have no problems with an e-collar being used in a HUMANE manner. That was not it.

I had orange team training last night (the shelter team that deals with problem dogs) and it was with Ginger, my relax class instructor. We were talking about bite levels. She said, "I'm not going to name any names, but there is a certain 'trainer' on TV who seems to take pride in being bitten. That's dumb. If you're good at reading body language there's no need to get bitten often." And she's right.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2010, 12:50 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Poor dog. He had no idea what was happening. I have no problems with an e-collar being used in a HUMANE manner. That was not it.

That was a re-homing case, if I ever saw one...that dog was a LOT of dog for that clueless owner...imho.

I had orange team training last night (the shelter team that deals with problem dogs) and it was with Ginger, my relax class instructor. We were talking about bite levels. She said, "I'm not going to name any names, but there is a certain 'trainer' on TV who seems to take pride in being bitten. That's dumb. If you're good at reading body language there's no need to get bitten often." And she's right.

EXACTLY. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » January 25th, 2010, 1:02 pm

What a moron

"He's not coming in until he relaxes" SHOCK

"You need to be in a relaxed state of mind. This is no time for nervousness" SHOCK

I'm really surprised that dog didn't redirect on Cesar or that lady. Cesar must have really had that collar cranked up
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 25th, 2010, 1:05 pm

He did redirect on both - Cesar near the beginning of the video and the lady near the end (before he tries to crawl under her chair to escape).
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » January 25th, 2010, 1:18 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:He did redirect on both - Cesar near the beginning of the video and the lady near the end (before he tries to crawl under her chair to escape).

Yes, but I guess I was surprised he didn't actually get a hold of them when he redirected
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2010, 4:19 pm

That woman was about an inch from getting nailed by that dog.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Pit♥bull » January 25th, 2010, 4:34 pm

What an ASSHAT :crazy2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Oy, what an azz.

I had a woman recently contact me about adopting Mama. My fearful dog. My dog, although she has never bitten someone, in the right situation will bite someone. She prided herself on following the techniques of Cesar. For Mama :neutral:

For some reason, when I was responding to her I thought of you Erin lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Well, show her that video and explain to her that anyone who feels that Ceasar has all of the answers need not apply.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Hahaha, I told her that not in so many words. In a professional manner of course. She isn't the first "I'm a huge Cesar fan" applicant I've gotten either :rolleyes2:

All I can envision is someone trying to employ those techniques on Mama and getting their face ripped off. Or more importantly damaging her even more so mentally.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2010, 6:30 pm

LMM wrote:For some reason, when I was responding to her I thought of you Erin lol

8) Because you know I love CM and all of his methods? :dance:

TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » January 25th, 2010, 6:35 pm

WTF... :shock: :sad2:

It seems that I went about it completely the wrong way when I introduced my cats and my dogs to each other. :rolleyes2: :nono: :doh:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2010, 6:36 pm

amazincc wrote:

It seems that I went about it completely the wrong way when I introduced my cats and my dogs to each other. :rolleyes2: :nono: :doh:

:spit:

You mean you missed out on being clawed wildly by your cats and bitten by your dogs? :nono:

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » January 25th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Man, that was just depressing to watch. I feel really bad for both the cat and the dog. The owner is a twat waffle for letting him do that to her pets.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby LMM » January 25th, 2010, 7:40 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Man, that was just depressing to watch. I feel really bad for both the cat and the dog. The owner is a twat waffle for letting him do that to her pets.

Amen to that.

Erin, well you know, your I love Cesar shirt when you were in town kinda gave you away.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby amazincc » January 25th, 2010, 8:45 pm

BigDogBuford wrote: The owner is a twat waffle for letting him do that to her pets.

I don't blame the owner as much as I blame the "expert"... when I used to watch Cesar I was mucho impressed by him myself, not knowing much about the intricate inner workings of dogs.
In hindsight, I consider myself extremely fortunate to not ever having followed up on writing to him in regards to Mick.
Then again... Cesar might've lost his face (and his show) if he ever tried to alpha-roll, or use an e-collar on, my Beast. :| :D
That man is going to meet his match some day... and Dog help him. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » January 25th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Christine, I thoroughly believe if some dude came in (no matter who he was) and started unfairly shocking the smurf out of Mick and terrorizing your cat, you would have put a stop to it. :|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » January 25th, 2010, 9:36 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Christine, I thoroughly believe if some dude came in (no matter who he was) and started unfairly shocking the smurf out of Mick and terrorizing your cat, you would have put a stop to it. :|

Well, yeah... of course. :shock: >(

But some people get so taken in by the hype, and the "fame"... all common sense and decency flies right out the window. :|
I often wonder if people do object to some of his methods, but I'm sure it doesn't make for good TV, and we'd never see it. :crazy2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » January 25th, 2010, 9:45 pm

I would have punched him in the neck and then hit him upside the head with a chair. On camera.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Next

Return to Training & Behavior