Worm Boy

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby katiek0417 » May 3rd, 2006, 10:04 am

msvette2u wrote:
Maryellen wrote:ok, the can says nothing but pumpkin, as i got this one last night http://www.verybestbaking.com/products/libbys/pure.aspx so it should work right? it doesnt smell like spices, just like if you carve open a pumpkin

Yep that's the stuff.

Yep, that's the right one....the only spice I would venture to give him is ginger...many vets will suggest ginger snaps for dogs that get car sick b/c in dogs (like humans) it tends to settle the stomach.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » May 3rd, 2006, 10:37 am

the vet said if his stool isnt firm by tonight to call back.. i get a 10% discount at my vet for rescues, and they skip some charges for me alot, so its not that bad.. i was thinking of doing boiled chicken and rice for him to do that only w/ the pumpkin. the only meds he is on right now is tonight he gets his 3rd dose of panacur and then he is done.. i just feel so bad for him. i put him back onthe herring and sweet potato to see if that will change it, but so far nothing has. this morning he got a literally handful of food with 2 spoonfuls of pumpkin and acidophilus powder
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 3rd, 2006, 9:09 pm

today he got exactly half a cup of food this am.. lunchtime he pooped 3 times HUGE amounts.. tonight he got his last panacur powder, and hasnt pooped yet.... what the Hell could it be? this poor puppy.... i am going to do the boiled chicken and rice next to see if that helps. the pumpkin hasnt kicked in yet either..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » May 3rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

Lots of times too much switching of food and/or adding of different foods can cause the same poop issues. That's why the vets always tell me to give their systems a rest for 24 hours first, then feed the chicken and rice/pasta combination.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Maryellen » May 3rd, 2006, 10:17 pm

should i fast him then? he is on the CA Natural since i got him, he was on nutro from the old owner...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » May 3rd, 2006, 10:23 pm

Yeah, I definitely would. Give his intestines the chance to settle down and empty out, then start him on a super-bland diet of chicken and rice/pasta.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Maryellen » May 3rd, 2006, 10:23 pm

ok, tomorrow will be fasting day, and i will pick up some chicken breasts and cook white rice for him for dinner then..
Maryellen
I live here

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health