Twitch Videos

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 6:07 pm

I don't have any really new videos of Twitch, but I think these are some funny ones.
WARNING-- he can whistle and beep pretty loud, but his talking is much quieter.

This is a song he made about Jasmine. Jasmine is his new favorite word lately.
Jas-up-Jas-up-Monkey... JazzaminJazzamin..down at the bar. Lollypopwaaaah Jas-min, Jas-min, Jas-min, (over and over). Step up. Jaz-puppy. Step up Twitch! burp noise

Yup. Oh nothing much, stop it. Hahahaha. Cool. Yeah. Yup. (Sneeze) Jazza-Jasmine.

"Hi birdie, too" "Come on Piper, Come on, come here, Piper! Come here Piper, come here" "Mkay" "Come on. Sidney! come here" smoochies, whistle, "Come here good buddy" smooch "C'I have a smooch?" smooches, "Where's Jasmine, buddy?" "Hi Buddy good boy!" "Ready, ready, ready? Go!" random house noises "Jazzy buddy" "Hi Jasmine good boy" more smooches "Hey buddy" "Hi Jazzy buddy" random noises and smooches "Piper! Come here!" "Come on, come here, go outside?" water noise
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 12th, 2010, 6:30 pm

:shock:

OMG! I've never actually heard a parrot speak before. That's amazing! My jaw just hung open while I was watching those! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » January 12th, 2010, 7:17 pm

OMG, I didn't realize that this was you until I saw the picture of the dogs and TWITCH. I love him. :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 7:27 pm

:lol3: That's great! I can't wait until Finn gets that talkative!

Thanks for sharing the vids!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Tell me all about Finn!! Are there photos??
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 12th, 2010, 9:26 pm

I LOVE HIM!!!! 8) And he has the intelligence to actually make a song with words he knows???? Holy moly he is amazing.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Haha! Well, I certainly have never sang a song to him about Jasmine down at the bar. :o

The best I can figure is that one night I probably told him his daddy was down at the bar. He LOVES to make up songs. Too bad his singing voice is so terrible. Poor guy. He's funny, though.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 12th, 2010, 9:35 pm

So, these birds are smart enough to string words together (in some fashion) AND he remembers the song he made. It just amazes me. :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 9:44 pm

I have to say he constantly amazes me-- but the one thing that absolutely floored me and I still can't get over it....(here's a little Twitch story)

Twitch watches TV. I discovered one day that he actually looks at what is going on and pays attention. During one TV show, a character dropped a large beaker of liquid on the ground and when it shattered, Twitch said "UH OH!". Cool, huh? Well... there's more!

We watch a lot of hockey and soccer. Twitch loves to cheer along with the crowd and all that jazz. He will also yell GOAL and SCORE appropriately when a team scores a goal. I thought it was amazing enough that he took the sound cues (a buzzer usually sounds and the commentators yell "score") and participated in the fun by also yelling and clapping. Until one day I was on the phone, so I had muted the TV. He WATCHED the puck go into the net and KNEW what it meant-- he started yelling "GOOOOOOAAL!!!!" I'm still in disbelief about it. He understands that it is a goal when that puck goes in the net!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 9:45 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Tell me all about Finn!! Are there photos??

Photos, no videos yet.

five months: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30219

bath time: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30895

seven months: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30894

eleven months: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32159
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Eeeee! I love Finn! What pretty colors. I'm not familiar with Cape Parrots. Do they come from S. America?
You really need to take some videos!!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:17 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Eeeee! I love Finn! What pretty colors. I'm not familiar with Cape Parrots. Do they come from S. America?

South Africa. They're about the size of Timnehs and they're part of the poicephalus family.

You really need to take some videos!!

Yeah, I do. :oops: :lol3:

How do you train Twitch? Does he do tricks?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 11:13 pm

He doesn't really do tricks, but only because I have NO IDEA how to trick-train. Do you do it? Any suggestions?

The only really "trick" he does is play catch. He will catch (usually a balled up sock or wadded piece of paper) and throw it back over and over. He's actually pretty good at it too. One night we were playing catch and the ball went behind him. I told him to go get it because I couldn't reach it. So, he turned around, looked at the ball and said "Come here!"
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 11:26 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:He doesn't really do tricks, but only because I have NO IDEA how to trick-train. Do you do it? Any suggestions?

Not really, not yet. I've done a lot of reading and a bit of experimenting with him, but he has the attention span of a gnat right now. Hopefully as he gets older, he'll be able to pay more attention, LOL. Erin/TheRedQueen sent me a lot of clicker links and I've found a few interesting sites online -- I'll send them to you.

The only really "trick" he does is play catch. He will catch (usually a balled up sock or wadded piece of paper) and throw it back over and over. He's actually pretty good at it too. One night we were playing catch and the ball went behind him. I told him to go get it because I couldn't reach it. So, he turned around, looked at the ball and said "Come here!"

:lol3: That's great!

How long have you had him? We *almost* bought a Grey, but Finn literally picked me, so a Grey will be our next bird. We need a bigger house!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 11:30 pm

We've had him four about 4.5 years. We bought him from a breeder at about 6 months old, after he'd been weaned and fledged. He's still a baby and he doesn't have a very long attention span either---and can be very stubborn. He really goes through phases.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » January 13th, 2010, 12:41 am

Very cool.

I wish I had the time and patience for a bird, but there's just no way. African greys are AMAZING.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby CinderDee » January 13th, 2010, 4:41 am

There's nothing better than Twitch videos! I love him! :heartbeat:

Thanks for posting them, Allie!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby furever_pit » February 2nd, 2010, 3:51 am

So cool. I have a soft spot for African Greys.
There is one that boards at the vet clinic where I work. He just amazes me with all the sounds he can make.
Yet, he still freaks me out on a whole other level.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 2nd, 2010, 11:48 am

He's hilarious! Love his name too...

I like birds, but just can't bring myself to have one...I just don't LOVE birds. John does, but he can't take care of them anymore, and it would fall to me! More videos please! :D

Joyce...if you want to see what the African Greys are capable of...check out Alex the African Grey...he died recently, but there is a foundation in his name, and other parrots being researched/worked with in the same way...

http://www.alexfoundation.org
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » February 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm

What an awesome little bird!! I loved those videos!!!! 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members