Sunny Finnegan

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Here's Finnegan, taking advantage of the sun.....

Playing peek-a-boo! He's just starting to say "peekbooooooo".

Eyeballin' the camera!

Chomping on some wood

And just because I think his feathers are so pretty!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 12th, 2010, 10:05 pm

I love the peekaboo picture!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 10:07 pm

He is just sooo pretty!
What kind of stand is he using?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Thank you! :D

Here's his stand (I bought the green w/java, Amazon): http://www.windycityparrot.com/Merchant ... ct_Count=2
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the link. How do you like the stand? Does he climb around or tend to hang out at the top?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 10:21 pm

I love the stand! It's compact, which is great because our house is pretty small. Finn does climb around on it, but if there's food in the bowls, he doesn't move from the top perch. He likes to hang upside down and play with his toys, so he tends to climb down more than climb up, LOL.

Windy City Parrots was GREAT to deal with, too. I got the stand three days after I ordered it. It was a bit difficult to put together (the parts fit TIGHT and it was missing one screw) but was worth the work.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 12th, 2010, 11:15 pm

I keep coming back to look at him. He sure is all beak! And I love birds with dark eyes because I think they always look like babies. :heartbeat: Twitch's eyes were dark like that when he was a youngin. Will Finn's eyes change when he gets older?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 12th, 2010, 11:21 pm

He loves to "beak wrestle", too. He growls as he shakes his beak and bangs it into his toys or your fingers! He very rarely bites, though -- he "mouths" instead.

Finn's eyes will stay dark. It's actually pretty hard to see his pupils unless he's in the sunlight. I've yet to see his eyes "pin".
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » January 13th, 2010, 3:59 am

Marinepits wrote:Finn's eyes will stay dark. It's actually pretty hard to see his pupils unless he's in the sunlight. I've yet to see his eyes "pin".

probably a good sign! The only time I've seen a bird do that they were PISSED! :shock:

Finnegan looks very happy and handsome :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby CinderDee » January 13th, 2010, 4:23 am

He looks so grown up! He's beautiful. :heartbeat:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 13th, 2010, 6:58 am

MAKE HIM SING, JEN!!!
:dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 13th, 2010, 7:33 am

Malli wrote:
Marinepits wrote:Finn's eyes will stay dark. It's actually pretty hard to see his pupils unless he's in the sunlight. I've yet to see his eyes "pin".

probably a good sign! The only time I've seen a bird do that they were PISSED! :shock:

Finnegan looks very happy and handsome :)

Haha. Twitch will pin if he's mad, but he mostly does it out of excitement.... and usually that means excitement over food. Especially french fries.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 13th, 2010, 8:40 am

My budgies' eyes pin over new toys and food all the time -- they're little piglets, LOL. The only food Finn *really* gets excited over is Apple Jacks cereal. Can't give him that too often because it's so bad for him, but he does love it!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 13th, 2010, 9:47 am

What are pinned eyes?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » January 13th, 2010, 10:50 am

When their eye pupils pin-point. Usually, when birds are relaxed, their pupils are fairly large. When they're excited, irritated, pissed, or about to bite, their pupils will shrink to tiny dots. It's really neat to see birds with light eyes do this (like Twitch). You can read a LOT of their body language just by what their eyes do, and the tilt of their heads. If a bird is *really* excited, their eyes will "flash" -- their pupils will pin, then get slightly bigger, then pin again, over and over very rapidly. The budgies do it when they get their millet treats or celery leaves.

I should say this applies to most parrots -- not sure about other types of birds.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 13th, 2010, 11:08 am

Marinepits wrote:The only food Finn *really* gets excited over is Apple Jacks cereal. Can't give him that too often because it's so bad for him, but he does love it!

Haha! As if french fries are GOOD for Twitch?!
Food he can't have is what he loves the most! He will run over and snatch french fries-- or cheetos. He LOVES Cheetos too. SOOOO bad for him. Can be used as a bribe if absolutely necessary.
I figure he has a good healthy diet and a naughty snack doesn't hurt now and again.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 13th, 2010, 12:02 pm

LMAO Finn will try to snatch Cheetos, too. And Cheez-its. He's a sneaky bugger.

What kind of diet do you feed Twitch? We do a combination of nuts, seeds, fresh foods, and pellets. He's not a big fan of fresh foods, but he's getting better -- loves cherries, blueberries and honeydew melon, hates pineapple and tosses it right out of his bowl with a disgusted look on his face, LOL.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » January 13th, 2010, 12:34 pm

What a cool little dude... :shock: :loveU:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 13th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Marinepits wrote:What kind of diet do you feed Twitch? We do a combination of nuts, seeds, fresh foods, and pellets. He's not a big fan of fresh foods, but he's getting better -- loves cherries, blueberries and honeydew melon, hates pineapple and tosses it right out of his bowl with a disgusted look on his face, LOL.

Twitch's diet sounds pretty similar. Every morning he eats bread that we bake for him-- corn muffin mix with veggies, pellets, seeds & nuts, and either banana, sweet potato, applesauce or peanut butter mixed in. It varies every time we bake it. Then he get's seed/nut/dried fruit mix in the cage all day (we love goldenfeast). He eats either "Totally Organics" or Harrison's pellets-- when he feels like it. Often he just throws these to the dogs. Apples are his favorite but he also likes carrots, lettuces, snap peas, green beans, etc. LOVES mashed sweet potatoes too and sometimes when we're feeling brave, we'll let him have a kiwi... fun and cleaning ensues. We also feed eggs with veggies and occasionally rice & pasta if I'm cooking some for myself. He goes through phases of what he will and will not eat.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » January 13th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Finn is really handsome :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members