Bringing in the new year with grapes and peroxide!! YAY!!!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby juniper8204 » January 3rd, 2010, 3:33 pm

Well, leave it to my step kids to leave grapes out on the counter. :doh:

I came out of my room after folding clothes to a living room full of empty half chewed grape twigs. Of course, I FREAKED I ran to the bathroom to get the peroxide, and lo and behold, it was GONE. So, now I'm really freakin' out because I didn't know how long it takes grapes to digest, and by the looks of the twigs nearly all the grapes in the house had been eaten. Thank goodness Food Lion is only a mile from the house. I bought the biggest bottle they had.

My step-daughter told me that Mindy had been on the couch sleeping the whole time, so I didn't give her any. Raja had been in the room with me, so that just left Otto and Jerry (the new pup that I have yet to introduce...sorry guys!). I gave Otto a tablespoon full...waited and waited...and nothing. So I gave him another one and within five minutes I had success...if you can call that success... :puke: He had, by far, eaten most if not all the grapes. There were at least 30 between the 2 piles, along with carrots and lettuce...apparently he got into the trash too. >( So, next came Jerry...I hated doing it to him because he is the most precious puppy in the whole wide world. At least it only took one tablespoon for him, and I'm glad I did it because he'd eaten about five.

I just hope this isn't a prediction for how the rest of the year will go. These dogs are going to be the death of me...I'm sure I will end up having a heart attack or stroke because of them. Now that my heart is back in my chest, I will go back to folding my clothes. :wave2:
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
User avatar
Hyper Adolescent Bully
Posts: 366
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Postby blabsforbullies » January 3rd, 2010, 4:26 pm

Ya did the right thing! :clap: The level of toxicity is still unknown, and it appears that there is some predisposition with some individuals that are more sensitive to it than others. In other words, the level of toxicity to one may be completely different to aother individual, even if they are the same breed and weight. It makes it very confusing and frightening! :sad2:

I'm sorry to had to start the year that way, but get the bad over with so the rest can go well, right!!! :wink:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)

Akisa & Team Blabador
User avatar
Giver of the Wubba
Posts: 501
Location: Connecticut

Postby iluvk9 » January 3rd, 2010, 4:50 pm

Yahoo for gacking! :puke:
I'm Cougarific!
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Return to Nutrition & Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]