My uber long intro LOL

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby pawscrossed » January 2nd, 2010, 11:51 pm

Hello!!

My name is Jessica and I got info on this site from a lady who I think started this site? I met her in country max right after I had a run in with a lady with a cocker who swore my puppy male Pittie was going to fight her dog LOL!

About me? I am devoted to these dogs to a point it kills my heart. I started working with show dogs, working dogs and rescues when I was a very small child. I pretty much grew up in this other world revolving around dogs. I traveled the country for many types of competition for 15 years and I think I was about 13 when I fell in love with Pitties and Staffs. I could go on and on explaining my background and successes but would rather keep this abridged.

I have been training dogs for most of my life in many areas. But the last 10 have been dedicated to our Pitties. I volunteer to help fix people problems with them to keep them in homes. I rescue as we have space and help others take the steps to adopt out dogs they truly can not keep. A couple years ago I decided to pull away from just simply rescuing and working at the core route of the problems. So I started a small group called Paws Crossed Pit Bull Advocacy. We help owners learn to be responsible and keep their dogs from becoming statistics, we spread the truth and give people hands on experience with these dogs. I educate as much as I can when ever I can or simply get into heated debates with very ignorant people.We help people find funding to S/N. We have only a few strong active members and then we have a couple hundred members who have vowed to spread the truth, lead by example and simply be advocates for these dogs. I fight for these dogs every day and I think this is what I will be doing for the rest of my life...I have been doing this till this point of my life.

I am a single mom of a really awesome almost 10 year old. In my home our fuzz butt family members are Eduardo an 18 year old Persian that was given a year to live 11 years ago. A DSH female kitty named Puma and a couple of rats that a snake befriended (it got weird so they came to live us) and then there is Judo an 11 month old Pittie male. When my beloved female lost her fight for life at 2.5 years old, Judos litter was going to be dumped. He was only 5 weeks old and ya know how puppy poison is irresistible. I kept him. My heart was broken and he needed the love. Judo was didnt get a very healthy start. And didnt get enough time with mama dog to learn his inhibitions. He was a lot of work the 1st couple months but from about 4 months old I could never ask for a better mannered baby. Judo is learning therapy work and has stolen the hearts of many. His only flaw is still being a very excited puppy attention whore. Every human and every animal is the most exciting thing to him and wiggles and cries until he gets the love and attention he seeks, So this is what we work on, on our daily outings since "his way" isnt gonna work LOL. He has a gentle soul in a goons body. He is an amazing bully ambassador already and its been a great joy having this ham in our life. I keep him as my only dog so I can have room here for the fosters I work with.

I have been a member of a few other forums over the years and its been a love hate thing, I think its awesome that there are people from the Rochester area on here and I look forward to some new and old faces. I have many friends in rescue and many who are owners of these amazing dogs. I would love to get to know others that I may have not met yet. WOW I just wrote a ridicules tangent!! SORRY HAHAHAHA
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas Gandhi
pawscrossed
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » January 3rd, 2010, 12:04 am

:) WOW. :)

WHAT a Great Intro!!!!

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby LMM » January 3rd, 2010, 12:11 am

Is this the Jessica I talked to a couple weeks ago about the 8 year old pittie girl being kept in the garage???? If so, it's Jenn (Pitty Love) :P

Welcome all the same!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pawscrossed » January 3rd, 2010, 12:27 am

YES it is theeeeee Jessica!! HI Jenn! I am still really troubled about those people reaching for help then going MIA grrrrrr. I hope that baby girl is ok, I cant stop thinking of her :(
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas Gandhi
pawscrossed
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2010, 12:43 am

That would be me that you met in CountryMax :)

I'm glad you looked us up!

Welcome!!!

Um.... I'll try to give you forum access but it doesn't always work from my hand held. I'll give it a go but you may have to wait until morning.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2010, 12:43 am

That would be me that you met in CountryMax :)

I'm glad you looked us up!

Welcome!!!

Um.... I'll try to give you forum access but it doesn't always work from my hand held. I'll give it a go but you may have to wait until morning.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2010, 1:04 am

Fantastic intro! Nice to have you here...welcome! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » January 3rd, 2010, 1:13 am

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » January 3rd, 2010, 1:49 am

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » January 3rd, 2010, 10:55 am

Welcome! :wave2: If you have a website for Paws Crossed Pit Bull Advocacy, put it in our PLACES TO GO section.

I do have one question...when you met "the woman who started this forum" (Michelle) was she riding a motorcycle and wearing a leather jacket, cool boots and riding pants? Because that is how we like to think of her shopping at the local pet store. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Suzi » January 3rd, 2010, 2:34 pm

Welcome Aboard! :wave2:
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby kera09 » January 3rd, 2010, 5:19 pm

welcome to pbt :wave2:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Miss_Pits » January 3rd, 2010, 7:23 pm

Welcome!! I love meeting other Rochester people working to spread the good word about pitties!!
Amanda

Dogs are miracles with paws.
Miss_Pits
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 3rd, 2010, 8:28 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » January 3rd, 2010, 10:47 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Welcome! :wave2: If you have a website for Paws Crossed Pit Bull Advocacy, put it in our PLACES TO GO section.

I do have one question...when you met "the woman who started this forum" (Michelle) was she riding a motorcycle and wearing a leather jacket, cool boots and riding pants? Because that is how we like to think of her shopping at the local pet store. :wink:

LMAO LMAO
LMAO LMAO
LMAO :bananaDance:

That or Out Draping Herself over a United States Postal Service Vehicle.... :mrgreen:
ArtGypsy

Postby mnp13 » January 4th, 2010, 10:43 am

:lurk:

I know not of which you speak.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ArtGypsy » January 4th, 2010, 1:58 pm

mnp13 wrote::lurk:

But You looked SO ADORABLE!!! :dance:
ArtGypsy

Postby ArtGypsy » January 4th, 2010, 2:21 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
mnp13 wrote::lurk:

But You looked SO ADORABLE!!! :dance:

HEY!!!!!!!! >(
:topic:

You Never Know WHEN the 'boss might be around!" :wink:
:D
ArtGypsy

Return to Introductions