Harness question

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby kera09 » December 30th, 2009, 5:04 pm

jenn i think you should get one first, then my dogs could try it, lol
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LMM » December 30th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Yea right! hmpf!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » December 30th, 2009, 5:46 pm

amazincc wrote:Are they still in business??? I can't find any decent info on the internet...
Those treadmills are NICE. :shock:

I have no idea if they are in business, ours was confiscated from a fighting ring bust, then when not needed as evidence was headed for the dumpster (yes, literally.) We saved it from the landfill, that is not a company that I would give my money to. But yes, it is very well made.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » December 30th, 2009, 7:36 pm

I've always just used a regular nylon harness (like the one Michelle posted a photo of). Love the video, Faust looks so pleased with himself :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby maberi » December 30th, 2009, 7:38 pm

amazincc wrote:Are they still in business??? I can't find any decent info on the internet...
Those treadmills are NICE. :shock:

As far as I know, no

I spent some time looking for one last year and the few I did find were not from people I was interested in supporting. That isn't to say there aren't reputable people out there making them; I just couldn't find any. Those mills are VERY expensive
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby kera09 » December 30th, 2009, 8:33 pm

i just showed the treadmill to eric and he thinks he may be able to make one, hes pretty handy....so im really hoping he can!!!!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » December 30th, 2009, 8:34 pm

kera09 wrote:i just showed the treadmill to eric and he thinks he may be able to make one, hes pretty handy....so im really hoping he can!!!!

I'll have to try to dig them up but I'm almost positive they have plans online. I know a few people who have made them.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby kera09 » December 30th, 2009, 8:43 pm

maberi wrote:
kera09 wrote:i just showed the treadmill to eric and he thinks he may be able to make one, hes pretty handy....so im really hoping he can!!!!

I'll have to try to dig them up but I'm almost positive they have plans online. I know a few people who have made them.

yes that would rock!!!! id just hate to spend 400 bucks and have my dogs hate it! let me know if you can find them :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » December 30th, 2009, 9:39 pm

maberi wrote:
I spent some time looking for one last year and the few I did find were not from people I was interested in supporting.

Oh... :doh: :neutral:
That never even occured to me. "Fighting paraphanelia" wasn't the first thing that popped in my head when I was thinking of ways to give my guys a little more exercise. :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » December 30th, 2009, 10:14 pm

That video is too much! I love me some Faust!! He looks sooooo happy!! :D Go figure, he's one step ahead of you with it, he def keeps you on your toes. I think Celena would love one of those things and I'm gonna have Joe build if we can find the plans.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Leslie H » December 31st, 2009, 12:51 pm

http://weightpullharness.com/WalkingRunningHarnesses.html

I'm in the process of ordering one for Soleil right now. The prices are very reasonable, and Missy Villines is great to deal with.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby delilahsmommy » January 1st, 2010, 12:35 am

ooo muh gawd!!!! absolutly no input on a harness but.....he is such a HAM!!!! and so darned cute
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » January 1st, 2010, 2:16 am

Faust is such a goober. How do you live with all of the cuteness in your house? Both of your dogs are so handsome.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » January 3rd, 2010, 8:41 pm

Faust is making great progress. He's on the treadmill 5-7 minutes twice a day right now.
The first minute or so he still gallops like a lunatic, but he then slows down to a trot and finally ends up walking for the last 3-4 minutes. When he really starts panting I make him get off... he gets a treat, drinks an enormous amount of water, rolls over for a belly rub - and happily passes out for a while. :dance:

I'm SO proud of my baby chicken. :D :D :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior