Melissa from Rochester

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby melgrj7 » December 29th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Hi, my name is Melissa. I am from Rochester NY (well, we are currently living in Greece). I have 2 dogs, no pitties at the moment though. Lloyd is a "lollypop special", a big black mutt and Nash is a german shepherd. I will own a pittie someday when I own my house. Julie (my partner) and I were hoping to get a pittie before we got Lloyd but because we were renting we couldn't:( It worked out good though because we ended up with our sweet boy, Lloyd. We also have 2 cats and live with 2 other dogs, Allie (GSD mix) and Rhea (chocolate lab).

I am 24 and work at a local doggy daycare. Both my boys get to go to work with me which is great. I am interested in weight pulling and was told I should check out this site . . . I was told this is a good place to go to learn about weight pulling. I also love pitties and will own one sometime in the future, so want and need to learn as much as I possibly can about the breed.

Image This is Lloyd (and I) after a tiring day at work! We got Lloyd in August of 2007 when he was 8 months old or so. He has been a big challenge but now is very well trained, he has excellent formal obedience (his heel at attention is lovely!). He is a sweet boy, loves to cuddle, loves to play with other dogs and loves kids a ton. He just turned 3 years old this x-mas eve.

Image This is Nash (aka Nash Man). We got Nash Man about 7 months ago. He is approximately 1 1/2 to 2 years old. The rescue we got him from pulled him from a shelter in TN so his exact age isn't known. He is super sweet with people, good with most dogs but can be a bit of an idiot sometimes. He also loves kids and is really good with my niece. He is in training for search and rescue.

Image This is Allie, she is about 7. We cared for her for a year, and still live with her for now (but with Julie's family). When we move she will be staying her though under the care of Julie's sister. This is a better place for Allie than city living, she is just far to reactive and anxious for city life.

Image This is Rhea, an 8 (almost 9) year old cholocate lab thing. Again, we live with her. I help take care of her for Julie's parents (brush her, bath her, walk her, clip her nails and clean her ears and all that, even take her to work with me a couple times a week).
Melissa, Julie and Lloyd (black mutt) and Nash (GSD)
melgrj7
Just Whelped

Postby kera09 » December 29th, 2009, 11:31 pm

welcome to pbt :wave2: i also live in greece! beautiful dogs!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » December 29th, 2009, 11:50 pm

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby fenella » December 30th, 2009, 2:46 am

Welcome! :wave2:
kera09 wrote:welcome to pbt :wave2: i also live in greece! beautiful dogs!

I wanna live in Greece! Anyone want to trade for a duplex in Baltimore? Anyone?
Wait...is Greece a city in New York or are we talking country here? Hmmmm.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2009, 7:30 am

Labrador, you say? :) Oohhh....you are going to be a NICE member!

Welcome! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 30th, 2009, 7:50 am

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » December 30th, 2009, 8:45 am

Welcome !!!
:dance:

GREECE?????????? GREECE?????? :shock:
WOW. I've always wanted to travel there. (well, There and Italy. Oh, and Ireland...thought New Zealand would be cool too ...and============wait. I'm rambling. Never mind. glad to have you!)

:D
I"m Jody, and I live in NEBRASKA. **Note::: NOT GREECE*
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby maberi » December 30th, 2009, 9:51 am

Greece, NY :wink: It is a lovely suburb outside of the city of Rochester but not quite the same as the country in Europe

Welcome to the forum Melissa. I live out in Irondequoit and my wife teaches in Greece (the city not country) :wink:

What dog daycare do you work at? There are several of us who do, or have done weight pull so we can definitely point you in the right direction

--Matt
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » December 30th, 2009, 10:48 am

No one would ever pine to travel to Greece, NY trust us on that ;)

Welcome! I LOVE the picture of you and Lloyd passed out in the chair! I am Jenn (one of many on here) and I also live in Rochester, the city proper :D

What beautiful doggies you have in your life!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby melgrj7 » December 30th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Greece as in a suburb of Rochester NY, not really a visit worthy place, lol. We lived in the city (off park ave) for awhile but got into debt so we moved in with Julie's parents to be able to pay it off quicker. It also helps them out as I take care of their dog and basically clean the house for them.

I work at dogs at play, off of monroe ave.

The lab's not mine . . . I just take care of her. Labs aren't really my type of dog, no offense to lab lovers out there. But I will still be a nice member:)

Thanks for all the welcomes and nice comments on the canine crew:)
melgrj7
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2009, 2:54 pm

melgrj7 wrote: Labs aren't really my type of dog, no offense to lab lovers out there.

:thbbbbt:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » December 30th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » December 30th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Hello and welcome!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby melgrj7 » December 30th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Thanks!

p.s. I have met some field bred labs I've liked.
Melissa, Julie and Lloyd (black mutt) and Nash (GSD)
melgrj7
Just Whelped

Return to Introductions