Online shopping retailer list

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby Ino » December 17th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Is there a place already created for pet product shopping places to go and avoid? I have a negative experience with an online company that I would like to warn people to avoid and why, if it is permitted (not bashing, just accurately describing the situation and the company name). Just do not want to post it incase it is not allowed or there is a thread for that already. :| Also, I would like to find a list of places people have had good experiences with- for future ordering.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 17th, 2009, 8:07 pm

You can either post it in this section or in off-topic.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » December 17th, 2009, 9:28 pm

I love www.kvvet.com :dance:

Free shipping on most items under a certain weight, and no sales tax.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » December 17th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Ok, thanks! Here is my negative experience with an online order from a pet store in Laguna Bch. called Five Star Fido (fivestarfido.com). I had placed my order with them on Nov 5th for 4 LED collars and I added a few toys and paw cream to the order since they offer free shipping on orders over $99. The total was over $130.00. The website had a few of the items in stock and some of the products said the estimated wait time before shipment is 1 week. About 2 1/2 weeks after I placed the order, their website still said not yet shipped so I gave them a call for an update and was told 3 of the 4 collars were not available and I could change them all to a different type or get something else(they never notified me of the problem- I had to call them to find out there was an issue that was holding up the order)- also the one toy is not available in the color I ordered- fine, switch it to black, I don't care. The guy on the phone blamed the collar manufacturer for offering products they don't have available. I really did not want to change styles, but needed that brand because they were waterproof and did not want a store credit since the whole order was made based on the collars- so Ino is getting a rainbow stars collar- ok, fine, whatever. A week went by with no word back and I called again for a status update and the guy apologized and said he is waiting on the collars, but the rest of the order had been shipped. So the following week, nothing came so I called back and the whole order (including the supposedly shipped part) was on hold, but this time the problem was with a toy I ordered- the one only available in black had not come in and he blamed the distributer that delivers the toy for the hold up :rolleyes2: . So then over the last few weeks, after everything had supposedly come in and had been shipped- I kept calling after it did not come in "in a few days". Last Friday I called and the guy blamed the shipping worker for putting the wrong zipcode on the box and said they just got it back and was going out that same day. It supposedly made it all the way to NY and had come all the way back- and he said that never happens and the guy was sorry. So today, when nothing came- I called again and was told the box just came back today because it had the wrong street number in the address. At this point, I am fuming and said that last week it was the zip and today it is the street number (which there are not many houses on my street and my mailman knows me so he is full of :bs: and I was tired of excuses. He then said he would email me a shipping number in a few minutes....several hours go by, so I call back but the shipping guy who he needs for access to the tracking info is out to lunch, but he texted him and told him hurry. I should expect the number 15 min after the guy returns. Several hours later, still no number so I call again and am told there was a problem with the system, it was sent but not delivered....so I stay on the phone with him to see if I get it, yep I do. All is well, until I get an email saying avoid that tracking number- it was someone elses (the info had not appeared yet). They sent another one and my info is in it, however it says FedEx has been notified that they will be shipping my box- not that it is actually there- and I should expect it on Tues (they said 3 day shipping- I guess weekends dont count). Needless to say it is now Dec 17, and I placed my order Nov 5th and I had to initiate any correspondence that took place, eventhough they knew there was a problems with the order- they waited for me to call them about it not showing up. They said next time I order let them know who I am and what happened and they will give me something free or a discount- that could have been done for this order to help rectify the situation- I will not take them up on that offer because I will not be ordering from them again. :mad2: Anyone have any positive online shops they use for pet stuff? Our local pet store is pretty small- cant get a whole lot there.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » December 17th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Oh, on the positive side, the Spiffy Dog collars and leashes I ordered on black Friday from Spiffy Dog's website came in very fast (think about a week) and I love them :D . The leashes are really neat and now I have 2 of the same collar for Ino (ordered a duplicate of one I had to use as a spare when it gets wet or stinky from rolling in stuff)!!!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » December 17th, 2009, 9:47 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I love http://www.kvvet.com :dance:

Free shipping on most items under a certain weight, and no sales tax.

They have a lot of items!!!! Thanks for the link, Joyce! I already found some stuff to order!!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 17th, 2009, 10:04 pm

What a horrible experience with that retailer! :o

I'm a big fan of both Jeffers Pet and dog.com - both are cheap and ship REALLY quickly.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » December 17th, 2009, 10:10 pm

http://www.petedge.com/home.jsp Great prices and extremely fast shipping -- I've used them for YEARS and have never had an issue

http://www.windycityparrot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc Strictly bird supplies -- great customer service, fast, friendly
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » December 17th, 2009, 10:34 pm

"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Ino » December 17th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Thanks for the links, ladies! I will definately be looking at them. I did a google search on that place I had a bad experience with (too bad it was after I ordered) and there were numerous complaints that were pretty much the same as mine.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » December 22nd, 2009, 10:39 pm

So I got my box of stuff from Five Star Fido and 2 out of 7 items are actually what I had ordered. One toy I chose a different color because when I called they did not have it in the color I ordered. As for the collars (the whole reason for the order)- they were whatever they felt like putting in the box- not at all what I ordered. They were regular non-waterproof LED collars instead of the Gummi Pets rubber waterproof ones I ordered. They again blamed the manufacturer and told me they sent those collars but I know they are full of crap because Gummi Pets does not manufacture that brand that they sent me. I told them I did not want to switch them out for a different item over a month ago and they later (a few calls later) told me they came in but we were waiting on a toy. LIARS- they just sent whatever they wanted. I am not going to return it because it will be more of a hastle then it is worth and I most likely won't get what I want anyway but lesson learned- I will never order from them again!!! You would think they would treat someone better then that when they spent over $130 their 1st order. What a shame!!!! :mad2:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Marketplace