Tiger Woods

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Marinepits » December 12th, 2009, 9:25 am

I'll preface this by saying that I just *may* be more sensitive to this issue because of the breed of dogs that I own, but.....

Here I am watching the morning news shows and all the main reports are about Tiger Woods and the "moral outrage" he caused, and whether or not his sponsors will drop him. He's a professional athlete and he cheated -- big deal. He didn't murder his wife like OJ did, he didn't shoot himself like Plaxico Burress did, he didn't drive drunk and hit other people like numerous other professional athletes have done, he didn't sleep with 10,000+/- women like Magic Johnson did (and he is now HIV+) or Wilt Chamberlain did, and he didn't kill dogs in creatively disgusting ways like Mike Vick did.

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife. Is it wrong? Sure. Is it a "moral outrage"? Maybe. Is it earth-shattering leading news for the past two weeks? NO.

I find it interesting that Tiger's sponsors are making announcements about "reevaluating their relationships" and possibly dropping him as a spokesman, but again -- he cheated on his wife, he didn't kill anyone or anything. Where were these same sponsors when Vick killed all those dogs? His sponsors (mostly) kept their mouths shut then. Is it more acceptable to be "morally outraged" because someone cheated on his wife than if someone killed a bunch of dogs?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ArtGypsy » December 12th, 2009, 9:39 am

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I totally AGREE..................

Can I cut/paste this in to a "note" on my Facebook, saying the author is from My Pit bull forum??

Many of us kept the FB furor up in arms when the vick thing happened, so it would be good to jog people's memory!

Let me know, okay??

:+)
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Marinepits » December 12th, 2009, 9:48 am

Yep, go ahead, lol.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » December 12th, 2009, 9:58 am

Oh I will as well on FB, I agree but haven't been able to figure out how to write it...you did very well.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Miss_Pits » December 12th, 2009, 11:33 am

Bravo! I'm also going to cross post this on FB.
Amanda

Dogs are miracles with paws.
Miss_Pits
Just Whelped

Postby HappyChick » December 12th, 2009, 1:38 pm

I agree 100% Tiger's infidelity is not 2 weeks worth of news worthy. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is news worthy at all. It's a private matter.

I don't think it is a situation of cheating on wife versus murdering dogs. Sponsors are afraid that the initial reaction of the general public will be outrage to the point that the sponsors will lose money by continuing with Tiger. They all dropped Vick in the beginning too, if I recall correctly. Now that Vick has "done his time", it's a whole different story, again it's all about the money. Of course I could be remembering it all wrong. It seems to me that sponsors are quick to drop a hot potato, but willing to pick it back up once it cools off.

Has Tiger apologized and made amends with his wife? I haven't heard that has happened yet. When/if he does, I imagine his sponsors will be very happy with him again.

Money, Money, Money.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » December 12th, 2009, 1:48 pm

AMEN.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » December 12th, 2009, 5:10 pm

HappyChick wrote:Has Tiger apologized and made amends with his wife? I haven't heard that has happened yet.
Tiger Woods taking hiatus from golf :rolleyes2:
http://web.tigerwoods.com/index
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » December 12th, 2009, 5:49 pm

HappyChick wrote: They all dropped Vick in the beginning too, if I recall correctly.

I wish they had. The only "major" sponsor that I remember dropping him was Nike and they just recently re-signed him. The other sponsors were either VERY tight-lipped or said things like "We'll have to see how this shakes out before we make any decisions" and then they didn't drop him. :neutral:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Choncho » December 12th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Good facebook goodie post. xD. with your name on it too.
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » December 12th, 2009, 9:43 pm

I totally agree.
I am appalled by what passes as "news" these days.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby suziriot » December 12th, 2009, 9:51 pm

:clap: Wow that is really well said and I agree 1000%!!! We were discussing this at Dharma's training session today. The public just does not view dog fighting on the same level as other immoral, unethical, or illegal acts. This is reflected in the media, in our cultural values, in our laws. Four of the men in the big HSMO bust were sentenced this past week, including the one who cut off Fay's lips and mutilated Dharma's leg. They got 12-18 months. A 19 year old girl who was caught taking video of a movie in a theater is facing 3 yrs jail time. Are both wrong? Of course. But just like with Woods and Vick, which deserves more outrage and punishment? Our society just has really mixed up priorities. :nono:
Suzi S.
Owned by: Barley, Otis, Lebowski, Dharma
suziriot
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » December 13th, 2009, 7:08 am

I agree.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pit♥bull » December 15th, 2009, 8:40 am

:D
tiger_portrait_487.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » December 16th, 2009, 2:05 pm

:D
tiger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby reign99 » December 16th, 2009, 5:50 pm

I completely agree. I really don't think his wife is that upset anyway, considering she will probably end up with a quarter of a billion dollars and her freedom. Oh...I feel sooooo bad for her. :rolleyes2:
reign99
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » December 17th, 2009, 3:52 am

actually, she signed a pre-nup.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pit♥bull » December 17th, 2009, 11:45 am

Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby reign99 » December 17th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Malli wrote:actually, she signed a pre-nup.

I have the sinking suspicion that he just might have violated a condition of that pre-nup by sleeping with half the country. I'd put money on the fact that she will end up very well off at the end of this. She won't have to worry about her future or her children's future for the rest of her life, and she's going to be living reallllllly nice.

Just took a peek online and guess what:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/golf/woods/article/740101--tiger-s-wife-looking-to-circumvent-prenup-reports

She'll win that fight for sure, but I doubt he'll even fight her.
reign99
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » December 17th, 2009, 2:58 pm

you know what though? For some people it isn't all about money. If she was happy with what's happened then I highly doubt she would have chased him down the driveway with a Golf Club.
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk