Cesar Millan on Rachael Ray Show

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Jessie's_mom » December 14th, 2009, 11:15 am

So, Rachael Ray is having the Dog Whisperer on her show today. :rolleyes2: I'm interested to see how this goes. You'd think that she, or at least those in charge of booking guests, would know better.
"To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood."-Emerson
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » December 14th, 2009, 11:17 am

:rolleyes2: *Sigh*

He's popular, that's why they're having him on...simple as that.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » December 14th, 2009, 11:19 am

Doesn't Rachael Ray have a Pit :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Jessie's_mom » December 14th, 2009, 11:39 am

Yep. Though I could see how that coud be the reason she likes him. Although we all know better, I think that the less informed pit bull owner sees him as an advocate for the breed. So by having him on the show she is supporting another advocate.

Luckily he didn't use his training techniques on the show. He tried to explain to some one why her Dobe licks the fence obsessively. And then helped a family pick out a new puppy from North Shore Animal League. Although they gave him face time, he didn't actually train or offer any real training advice for any dogs on the show.

I was beginning to think his 5min of fame was over, but I guess I was wrong. :|
"To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood."-Emerson
Jessie's_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Pit♥bull » December 14th, 2009, 11:43 am

Jessie's_mom wrote:he didn't actually train or offer any real training advice for any dogs on the show.

All's well, that ends well.... :D
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Dan+Bec13 » December 30th, 2009, 12:14 am

What's with all the hate for Ceaser Millan?
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » December 30th, 2009, 12:30 am

Dan+Bec13 wrote:What's with all the hate for Ceaser Millan?

We don't hate him, per say... we just don't respect him THAT much. :wink:

Do a search on the forum for all the differing opinions. :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » December 30th, 2009, 1:04 am

Gawd... and speaking of the devil... I mean, Ceasar - I was just now flicking through the channels, and came across his show.
He was talking about neutering dogs... and I quote:" Un-neutered dogs need to mate every six months. When that isn't possible, or is taken away from them... it can turn into aggression... and then they use that as an *excuse* to attack people."

I swear to God, and he said it w/a serious face. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:doh: :jawdrop: :hammer:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby kera09 » December 30th, 2009, 1:16 am

amazincc wrote:Gawd... and speaking of the devil... I mean, Ceasar - I was just now flicking through the channels, and came across his show.
He was talking about neutering dogs... and I quote:" Un-neutered dogs need to mate every six months. When that isn't possible, or is taken away from them... it can turn into aggression... and then they use that as an *excuse* to attack people."

I swear to God, and he said it w/a serious face. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:doh: :jawdrop: :hammer:

im ashamed that duge is not neutured :oops: but if i neuter him eric will murder me. We will never ever ever breed him! its not fair to duge and i feel bad altho i do like living lol Anyways in almost 4 yrs hes never been agressive to any human! hes wacky :crazy2:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby fenella » December 30th, 2009, 3:02 am

kera09 wrote: im ashamed that duge is not neutured :oops:

Sorry, but at this late hour, I first read that as "I'm ashamed THAT duge is not neutered"...thinking "duge" was some sort of insult I was unaware of and that you were referring to Caesar.
Then I read the sentence again and saw who posted it and figured it out. WOW I need sleep.
:doh:
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2009, 7:42 am

fenella wrote:Sorry, but at this late hour, I first read that as "I'm ashamed THAT duge is not neutered"...thinking "duge" was some sort of insult I was unaware of and that you were referring to Caesar.
Then I read the sentence again and saw who posted it and figured it out. WOW I need sleep.
:doh:

:spit: That was definitely my laugh of the day.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » December 30th, 2009, 5:42 pm

The only thing I can say about this statement is that I do agree that sexual frustration is the reason I would not own an unaltered male dog. When Seth first came into my life he had his nuts, they are the reason he got lost for 10 days with the previous owner [he got lost around spring/summer time - prolly out scoping for chicks!] they are the reason fun play dates would turn into a hump fest. While I don't agree with the way he put it, I do agree that sexual frustration leads to aggression and other behavioral problems.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » December 30th, 2009, 6:00 pm

plebayo wrote: While I don't agree with the way he put it, I do agree that sexual frustration leads to aggression and other behavioral problems.

If you proclaim yourself to be THE Dog Whisperer Extraordinaire you need to be more careful when you make a statement like that -
and then they use that as an *excuse* to attack people
... if that was the case I'd be in mortal danger every time I leave my yard. Lots of unsnipped dogs in my neighborhood, and usually the aggression is directed at one another... NOT people. :|

While CM was spouting forth said wisdom he was holding the cutest little 6-months old bull dog named Mr. President, who was a shining example of un-neutered aggression... that stubby little tail was wagging so hard it looked like his butt was about to fall off. lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Dan+Bec13 » January 1st, 2010, 12:56 pm

I saw that episode too. He also said that Mr. President was getting neutured because he had yet to reach sexual maturity. He was getting him neutered so that he wouldn't have to feel that urge and then have it taken away from him. Believe me I don't think I would want to know what it's like and then have it taken from me.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » January 1st, 2010, 4:04 pm

Dan+Bec13 wrote:Believe me I don't think I would want to know what it's like and then have it taken from me.

I don't think it works that way for dogs... does it? My last dog, Mick, was neutered late - and he didn't seem to be "missing it" after surgery. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » January 1st, 2010, 7:14 pm

For dogs it is a genetic/hormonal thing...not a gratification, emotional thing. Dog in heat..unneutered boys gotta go..no thought there at all.

His statement is one of the amazingly uneducated comments that keeps people like me in business.
airwalk
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk