Indie finally has a chance :)

Postby Malli » December 10th, 2009, 4:10 am

a few will remember Staffordshire Bull Terrier Indie I was trying to help. He has behavior problems, and his owners felt overwhelmed, they were going to try to work with him, but as seems to be the theme with these things, didn't find any time :neutral:

I got in contact with them, and started trying to help them, again :rolleyes2:

I'd had no luck finding anyone willing to help him, and then pocketpit came along! :D

Today, Indie flew from Alberta, Canada(the amazing thing his owners did do for him, is keep him for several years looking for a home for him, and fly him to pocketpit's without even blinking an eye), over the border to his new life!! :woowoo:

I can think of no better place for him to be in this world, and I wish him and pocketpit all the best as she helps him start his new life! I see great things for this little dog.

This is like my early christmas present to myself :D I know we can't save them all (or even close) but at least I gave this one a chance!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » December 10th, 2009, 6:24 am

You and Dawn did a GREAT thing!!! :clap: :D

As did the original owners for flying him to the US, at least.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » December 10th, 2009, 6:50 am

NICE WORK, LADIES!!!! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » December 10th, 2009, 8:18 am

Nice job, Malli. Dawn, in my book, does miracles with wild childs...so he's in excellent hands.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » December 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

:woowoo:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » December 10th, 2009, 11:23 am

Yea! :cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » December 10th, 2009, 11:44 am

:dance: :D :dance:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » December 10th, 2009, 4:28 pm

:bounce: I'm just so excited for him! :D

Its my early christmas present to myself.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 10th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Malli wrote::bounce: I'm just so excited for him! :D
Its my early christmas present to myself.

Mallika, this is a gift HE will never forget. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » December 10th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Malli, GREAT JOB and thanks Pocketpits for taking him, I'm sure his new life will be more than awesome. Looking forward to updates and progress, and again... GOOD JOB!!!!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Jenn » December 10th, 2009, 8:43 pm

And pictures! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby pocketpit » December 11th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Malli deserves a huge pat on the back for not giving up on Indie and his family!
He's here, and is a great little dog but appears to have run the show at home. His family has obviously loved him and spent a ton of time with him and taught him all kinds of good things. If I had to guess though they did their fair share of spoiling him and allowing him to get away with certain behaviors they shouldn't have. We're all guilty of it in certain ways but his behaviors are not necessarily acceptable ones to just let slide.
He's super smart, has the highest food drive of any dog I've ever seen, and is eager to learn. So I'm hoping we can get him under better control and whip him into shape relatively quickly. He's pretty good looking (came from a breeder who shows conformation) and suprisingly not fat :) We're keeping the introduction to other dogs slow of course and he's pretty much on shut down with limited exposure to the house and us as well.
I tried to post photos yesterday but was unsucsessful. So I will try again and see if I can get it to work.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » December 11th, 2009, 9:20 pm

pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » December 11th, 2009, 9:37 pm

He IS a DOLL!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » December 11th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Oooooo, he is HANDSOME!!! Thanks for taking him in. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » December 11th, 2009, 9:55 pm

:woowoo:

I'm SO glad you feel the same way we did. :D

He just needs a little talking to :wink: And, maybe a little tradesies for those toys.

His mum is super laid back and pretty sensitive I think, so they could get away with that with her. I wish you met her - lovely little thing - real sweetheart (lol, not like her rowdy son!)

So they did send his papers to you?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 12th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Well, he looks like he is having a great time with you!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue