Hey all

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Willyg44 » December 5th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Hey everyone, I have been a member at pitbullforum.com for a while now, and came across this forum, and figured it would be great to find more opinions and gain more knowledge about training, the breed etc.! :D

Here is a pic of our pitbull Leo! We're located in Gainesville, FL for now (just moved from New Jersey, quite the change!). He's about a year and a half now, and is quite the crazy one. I look forward to soaking in more knowledge here!

EDIT: Oh and although it is quite frustrating and mentally draining at times, I try to dispell myths about this amazing breed whenever I come across ignorance! I wish I wasn't so sensitive I really get worked up sometimes lol.
Willyg44
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » December 6th, 2009, 9:45 am

WELCOME To Our Forum!!!!!!! :wave2:
So glad you found us; and WOW, what a Beautiful dog!!!!!

And yeah, NJ and Florida????????? whew!!

So how did you acquire sweet Leo???

Tell us a little bit more about yourself, and an Admin will come along and provide you with full board access!!!

:+)

Jody, In NEBRASKA, where it's Windy and Cold.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby amazincc » December 6th, 2009, 9:51 am

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Willyg44 » December 6th, 2009, 12:38 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:WELCOME To Our Forum!!!!!!! :wave2:
So glad you found us; and WOW, what a Beautiful dog!!!!!

And yeah, NJ and Florida????????? whew!!

So how did you acquire sweet Leo???

Tell us a little bit more about yourself, and an Admin will come along and provide you with full board access!!!

:+)

Jody, In NEBRASKA, where it's Windy and Cold.

Thanks! Well, my fiance moved down to Florida to pursue her pHD in English at University of Florida. I just finished up at Rutgers in NJ so we we're both down in FL now. We always wanted a pitbull but we were going to wait until I moved in to get one. Then, while browsing craigslist when I was bored, I came across a post about a pitbull who needed a home, and they lived like 3 blocks from us in FL! He was 10 months old at the time, and the owner said he was moving into an apartment that didn't allow dogs and he couldn't afford the one that could. Although I may not agree with his decision, Leo was such a cute pup and my fiance went to check him out. After seeing how Leo behaved very calmly and gave her lots of kisses, she said we must have him! :D He wasn't neutered yet so we had that done, as well as all of the shots because the owner was playing games with us saying he promised he got the shots but misplaced the papers. The vet suggested we should get them, so we did.

It kind of ticked me off when after we bought Leo off the guy, we got into a conversation with him and found out that he used Leo to breed a whole litter of pups! At 10 months! Isn't that young? May just be me. Anyway, it then seemed like the owner just wanted money and was a BYB, and we were more than happy to take Leo off of his hands and provide him with a great life!

Unfortunately, in the area we live in we get people that are scared of and dislike the breed. Two times already I was walking Leo, and someone driving by said, "Beautiful dog, what is he!?" I said, he's a Pitbull Terrier! (I throw the terrier in there hoping that'll soften the shock when they hear pitbull lol) Then, they respond with a shocked "Ohhh reallly? You better be careful there, those dogs are viscious!" One just closed their window and drove off.

But I see myself owning pitbulls for the rest of my life and continuing to try to educate people on the breed. We've already changed a few family members' minds about pitbulls, when Leo gave them love attacks!

And here's 1 more of Leo when we first got him playing in the dirt which he absolutely loves!
Willyg44
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » December 6th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Welcome to PBT! :) Leo is just adorable and VERY lucky you were browsing Craigslist!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » December 6th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Leo is gorgeous!!! Welcome to PBT
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 6th, 2009, 3:39 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » December 6th, 2009, 10:00 pm

:wave2: Welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » December 7th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Hi and welcome! Leo is positively adorable! :loveU:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Choncho » December 13th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Welcome.
Beautiful Dog there Mister. :mrgreen:
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 17th, 2009, 6:20 pm

handsome pup! Welcome to the forum! :wave2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions