Kangaroo tries to drown man, dog

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 24th, 2009, 9:04 am

Good for this guy for getting mauled by a roo because he wanted to save his dog! Bravo!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576328,00.html

An Australian man was almost drowned by a kangaroo after he dived into his farm dam to save his pet dog.

Chris Rickard, 49, of Arthurs Creek, is being assessed by Austin Hospital surgeons after being mauled by the nearly 5-foot roo at 9 a.m. AEDT. He only managed to end the attack when he elbowed the kangaroo in the throat as it tried to hold him under water, The Herald Sun reported.

By then he had already suffered a deep gash across his abdomen as the kangaroo tried to disembowel him with its hind legs, as well as a deep gash across his forehead and further cuts and scratches across his chest.

Speaking from the hospital's emergency department, Mr Rickard said he was walking his blue heeler dog Rocky at the back of his property about a quarter mile from his home when they woke the kangaroo which had been sleeping in long grass near the dam.

The startled roo jumped into the dam, and Rocky followed. The roo then grabbed the dog with its front paws and held it under water for about 20 seconds until Mr Rickard arrived.

"I thought I might take a hit or two dragging the dog out from under his grip, but I didn't expect him to actually attack me,'' Mr Rickard said.

"I was stuck having to hold onto the dog with both hands because it was half drowned and I couldn't really see anything because the kangaroo just ripped into me.

"It was a shock at the start because it was a kangaroo, about 5 feet high, they don't go around killing people. Then all of a sudden I realised the first hit gave me opened up a wide gash above my eye and blinded me. I was flailing away underwater carrying a dog with a kangaroo ripping into me."

"All I could do was just keep pushing for the bank and he was trying to push me under the water, so at that point I elbowed him in the throat and that made him back off a little bit.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Skippy quite the same as I used to—it might bring back a couple of bad memories."
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » November 24th, 2009, 9:52 am

Isn't this CRAZY?!? :shock: I heard it last night on the news and was like -- WTF? The kangaroo HELD the dog and the man underwater? That is one homicidal kangaroo! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » November 24th, 2009, 10:38 am

:shock: You must be kidding.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ArtGypsy » November 24th, 2009, 11:20 am

A Huge 'Coon" Will Drown a Dog....In a heartbeat.
((or so my 'people' say))....... :smileUp: :rolleyes2: :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » November 24th, 2009, 1:31 pm

thats f'ed up. I wonder if the dog is ok?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » November 24th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Rocky probably shoulda been on a leash... :shock: :o
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » November 24th, 2009, 5:00 pm

And this is EXACTLY why Kangaroos scare me. Those little hands of theirs...those big legs....uggghhhh...

I even had a dream this week that I gave birth to one and the Psychologist I work with helped deliver it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » November 24th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Kangaroos are mean, yo.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to All the news that's fit to print